ADVERTISEMENT

Kevin Knox

Hopediamond

Blue Chip Prospect
Dec 15, 2018
he will be one of the best UK players in the nba, in our history. He’s so young and still not afraid. Improves the jump shot and gets stronger. Nba all star 25 pt a game +

He’s better than I thought he would be. He was better than I thought he would be here. The WVU game is one of the best single game performances in my lifetime given the situation. Behind Meeks 54, Monks 47 and Prince’s 41 against Tulsa in the tourney.

Reactions: jameslee32
How quickly people forget that Anthony Davis played at UK.

I'd put his games @UF, Vandy at Rupp, @USC, and Arkansas up against many of those performances. He didn't have the same point totals, but he shot with insane efficiency, 80+ TS%, and buttressed that with an ungodly number of blocks and rebounds. That @USC game, for example, he tallied 22 points with over 90% shooting and had 8 blocks. Players just don't do that. He did it so often and was so spectacular that such games get forgotten as they don't stand out from his consistent brilliance.

he will be one of the best UK players in the nba, in our history. He’s so young and still not afraid. Improves the jump shot and gets stronger. Nba all star 25 pt a game +
Young and unlimited upside.

I'd put his games @UF, Vandy at Rupp, @USC, and Arkansas up against many of those performances. He didn't have the same point totals, but he shot with insane efficiency, 80+ TS%, and buttressed that with an ungodly number of blocks and rebounds. That @USC game, for example, he tallied 22 points with over 90% shooting and had 8 blocks. Players just don't do that. He did it so often and was so spectacular that such games get forgotten as they don't stand out from his consistent brilliance.
THIS!

He’s in a tough place but I like the Coach he’s with, Fizz has handled Know well so far this season. KK has shown flashes several games this season, hopefully keeps it up.

Knox still got a little ways to go to be a top Kentucky player in the NBA. I also want to see how he does as a sophomore. Donovan Mitchell for instance. He's still having a great year, but many thought he'd continue his upward trajectory. Instead, he's kind of where he was last year, but not as efficient.

I think teams start to figure you out a bit and each season does take a toll on your body. Which is why I can't put Knox ahead of guys like Davis, Cousins, Murray, Booker, or Fox.

One of the best? Possibly. That's a pretty tall order though.

In the first 20 threads or so of RR there are 6 updates on NBA players . I wish Rivals would create a section for NBA talk . Thats all.

just think, all the NBA GMs on this board said they wouldnt draft him and he wasnt ready. congrats kevin...keep grinding.

You make it sound as if a large portion of posters here said as much. I’m interested to know which posters said they wouldn’t draft him ?

Or are you embellishing ?

You make it sound as if a large portion of posters here said as much. I’m interested to know which posters said they wouldn’t draft him ?

Or are you embellishing ?
I remember plenty who based Knox. Maybe not bashing but definitely saying he was over rated and wouldn’t develop into something great

He’s better than I thought he would be. He was better than I thought he would be here. The WVU game is one of the best single game performances in my lifetime given the situation. Behind Meeks 54, Monks 47 and Prince’s 41 against Tulsa in the tourney.
I don’t know how, but you forgot Jack Givens’ 40 point performance in the NCAA championship win over Duke and Dan Issel’s 50 point performance against LSU and Pete Maravich. Maybe an indication of age.

The highlights to that Arky game are great. It’s the definition of “they have no answer.” AD probably could have scored every time if he felt like it.

I don’t know how, but you forgot Jack Givens’ 40 point performance in the NCAA championship win over Duke and Dan Issel’s 50 point performance against LSU and Pete Maravich. Maybe an indication of age.

I’m only 37 so givens was before my time.

Knox must improve his shooting efficiency. Over the last 5 games, he has just as many shots as points.

He doesn't really do anything except shoot so upping that shooting ability is paramount.

The highlights to that Arky game are great. It’s the definition of “they have no answer.” AD probably could have scored every time if he felt like it.
Gotta put Nerlens game against Ole Miss down as one of the all time greats.
Best defensive performance I have seen in 40+ years of watching UK BB.
Road game against some athletic bigs who were trying to dunk everything.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT