ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v. Louisville (Super Regionals - #1)

Now would be a good time for us to have a big inning.

Make it happen baseball Gods.

Logue gives up at least HR literally every time he pitches. Not sure what happened to him. Total bust of a day for UK. This was our best chance of a win facing McClure and we have looked terrible and had a ton of self-inflicted wounds.

Hated the decision to bring Logue in. Machamer has stuff that can get good hitters out. Coach decided to bring in a junk baller to face UL's 2 best hitters.

I imagine most people aren't like us and really want to like Louisville athletics. It's a nice city in a great state with some cool stuff to do. But then you see crap like Drew Ellis showboating like that and what are supposed to do? What a bunch of morons.

Hated the decision to bring Logue in. Machamer has stuff that can get good hitters out. Coach decided to bring in a junk baller to face UL's 2 best hitters.

Didn't understand this either, unless Mach told them something wasn't right with himself?

This is garbage. They have 1 hit more than we do but have a 5 run lead. We look like we did in the SEC tournament not the team from last weekend or the rest of the season.

UK looks lifeless today, no need to burn any more of their better pitchers today, IMO. 'Cats have not played well enough to win in any particular facet of the game, and are getting handled in a big way. Louisville has pitched very well and otherwise played pretty solidly. One of those days. Now, the 'Cats will face the tall task of winning two and row, with the first likely against the player of the year, McKay. They've been there before, and will have to dig awfully deep to find a way to get to survive tomorrow. And yes, I will gladly come back to eat crow if UK can somehow mount an improbable comeback late.

They look like they've been here before, and we look like kids trying to sit at the adult's table.

Reactions: CHAMPCAT11
Pompey misses one down the line by inches that would've set up 2nd/3rd
proceeds to strikeout

Can't get the inch break, it's not your day.

Our guys have never been in this position. UL seems to get here every year. We're playing on their field. Tough spot. REALLY tough spot.

Our guys have never been in this position. UL seems to get here every year. We're playing on their field. Tough spot. REALLY tough spot.

It showed because UL has not played great. UK just gave their opportunities away. UK has been bad but their two innings were choke jobs

Hopefully now that we have a game under our belt we come out playing OUR game in game 2. If we can survive what should be a pitching battle with the 2 aces facing off then I like our chances in game 3. 1 game at a time.

They played well most of the season when they were playing loose. They have tightened up as the season has finished. I don't think we played well starting at the Georgia series. If we sweep that series, we are in a good position to win the East, we then don't play well at Florida, do poorly in the SEC and struggle to get out of our own regional. I'm sure Mingione will look at this and figure it out. We do have to remember that he is managing his first full season as the head coach.

Reactions: EliteBlue
We swing at first pitch against the closer after not doing so all game

2 outs 3 pitches in and keep in mind we have a HR

Glad I didn't leave work early for this one. Maybe they'll play better tomorrow and (hopefully) Sunday when I can watch on TV.

The team just needs to loosen up and forget about today. Win tomorrow and the pressure is back on Louisville to close out on their home field.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT