ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Ranked #12 in AP Poll

12th and 14th sounds right.

How many prognosticators had us 6-1 after 7 games and in the top 15?

What would our fan base have said if they knew going into the season we’d be in this position with an outright hold on 2nd place in SEC East after 7 games?

Anyone know how long our longest consecutive top 25 streak is? We’ve been top 25 how many weeks now this year? How many weeks were we top 25 in 2007?

The ones wanting Lord Hoak would still complain.

6-1 baby

Think all anyone wants is a football team that is capable of moving the football. Should we be 6-4 3 weeks from now while staying with the same QB that can’t throw for even 100 yards/consistently I expect you and the other posters with similar assholish responses come back and take your medicine. Likewise if we are 9-1 or even 8-2 playing like we have the last 2.5 games I, and the others who like to discuss the strategies of the game will do the same.

Think all anyone wants is a football team that is capable of moving the football. Should we be 6-4 3 weeks from now while staying with the same QB that can’t throw for even 100 yards/consistently I expect you and the other posters with similar assholish responses come back and take your medicine. Likewise if we are 9-1 or even 8-2 playing like we have the last 2.5 games I, and the others who like to discuss the strategies of the game will do the same.

I just want to win and I don’t care who the QB is or how many completions we have. (I think that’s what Stoops desires.)

I don’t have any negative thoughts on either QB. My point is that Stoops has proven he knows what he’s doing. I trust his call.

Too many components in what it takes to win games. QB is 1. Play calling determines the outcome of many games, and no fan knows what the game plans are for each game.
Why should "we" come back when you crybaby fans haven't shut up the last 7. You people ran Towles off, cried for Drew Barker for 2 years, now this.
As long as the program is moving up every year, progress is shown, most are happy.
6-1 Baby

I just want to win and I don’t care who the QB is or how many completions we have. (I think that’s what Stoops desires.)

I don’t have any negative thoughts on either QB. My point is that Stoops has proven he knows what he’s doing. I trust his call.

It's possible to win in spite of certain decisions.

Not every decision involved in a good result was automatically the right one.

Our defense is doing great and our offense isn't. It's pretty obvious.

I think this is a fair evaluation of our team today. If we had a better offense i am sure we would be in the Top 10 because the defense is that of a Top 10 team. But the offense is one dimensional and not impressing the national writers and coaches to the extent they will put us any higher.

6-1 baby
People are not happy when we win. What do they expect? We are #12, but they act like everything is wrong. They think they know how to call plays and make substitutions. Someone asked if we would be better with Couch as our QB??? Couch’s teams weren’t as good as we are. Did Couch play on the nation’s #12 team? No.

6-1 baby

Basically, those crying for Hoak say we'd be 7-0 with Hoak or we'd score points...in games we won anyway. Both arguments are laughable. But everyone I know in real life is thrilled with where we are and loving the season. Just gotta tune out the internet crybabies. On to Mizzou.

People are not happy when we win. What do they expect? We are #12, but they act like everything is wrong. They think they know how to call plays and make substitutions. Someone asked if we would be better with Couch as our QB??? Couch’s teams weren’t as good as we are. Did Couch play on the nation’s #12 team? No.

Dude... We'd be an unstoppable juggernaut if you could time warp Tim Couch onto this team.

Too many components in what it takes to win games. QB is 1. Play calling determines the outcome of many games, and no fan knows what the game plans are for each game.
Why should "we" come back when you crybaby fans haven't shut up the last 7. You people ran Towles off, cried for Drew Barker for 2 years, now this.
As long as the program is moving up every year, progress is shown, most are happy.
6-1 Baby
Spot on. Bunch of crybabies on here who have seen exactly zero practices and they think they have a grasp on the depth chart. This isn’t middle school ball where the coach always starts the mayor’s kid or something. They play whoever earns the spot. Their salaries depend on it.

Basically, those crying for Hoak say we'd be 7-0 with Hoak or we'd score points...in games we won anyway. Both arguments are laughable. But everyone I know in real life is thrilled with where we are and loving the season. Just gotta tune out the internet crybabies. On to Mizzou.

I don’t think that’s the argument. I think the argument is that Hoak is just as capable of handing the ball to Snell every play, and he’ll actually hit the four passes per game we attempt. But who knows. It’s all speculation. We haven’t seen enough of Hoak to know how accurate he is. And it’s possible that he’s such a sack liability in the pocket that it’s better we have Terry Wilson passing for zero yards than Hoak netting negative yardage. But that’s a sad benchmark, and people aren’t wrong to question it. You put Towles or Stephen Johnson on this team (who were not great quarterbacks) and we’re 7-0.

7 games in and #12/#14? Tied for 1st in SEC East? With all of the offensive issues, let's all admit the coaching staff is doing something right. It's not a fluke that we are where we are.
Also

Reactions: CC_332
I don’t think that’s the argument. I think the argument is that Hoak is just as capable of handing the ball to Snell every play, and he’ll actually hit the four passes per game we attempt. But who knows. It’s all speculation. We haven’t seen enough of Hoak to know how accurate he is. And it’s possible that he’s such a sack liability in the pocket that it’s better we have Terry Wilson passing for zero yards than Hoak netting negative yardage. But that’s a sad benchmark, and people aren’t wrong to question it. You put Towles or Stephen Johnson on this team (who were not great quarterbacks) and we’re 7-0.

Those calling for Hoak are the one's that will second guess any decision made. If Hoak stunk it up, they 'd call Stoops an idiot for putting Hoak in. I've accepted the fact that some just can't get through life unless they're crying about something.

A blowout last night we'd be in Top 10. But I'm just glad over a win. I knew Vandy was out for blood and had the perfect game plan... Just glad.

Those calling for Hoak are the one's that will second guess any decision made. If Hoak stunk it up, they 'd call Stoops an idiot for putting Hoak in. I've accepted the fact that some just can't get through life unless they're crying about something.

You ain’t just kiddin’. On another thread one poster is crying that our defense next year will be poor because Seniors are making all the plays!

He must not have noticed Boogie, Kash, Bohanna, etc.

Last edited:
You ain’t just kiddin’. On another thread one poster is crying that our defense next year will be poor because Seniors are making all the plays!

He must not have noticed Boogie, Kask, Bohanna, etc.

It's sad. Yeah, I'm sure those calling for Hoak would say "well, coach is cool for trying it" if he threw 3 picks, got strip sacked and we lost by 14 to Vandy. Yeah, that's what they'd say..........

He must not have noticed Boogie, Kask, Bohanna, etc.
Davonte Robinson was solid, if not spectacular on several plays also !

Reactions: The-Hack

That's a huge assumption that is incorrect. Sure, that may be true for a few complainers who will always complain as you say. However, we are not talking about pining for the backup QB b/c the starter has one bad game.

We are talking about a QB in Wilson who hasn't really thrown the ball well since game #2. Sure, this team is winning, but they are doing so IN SPITE OF QB play not b/c of it.

I won't even say the coaches need to outright change to Hoak b/c I have no idea why they don't believe in him. However, I've said elsewhere that the gameplan needs to change somehow to incorporate some kind of passing game.

Wilson is averaging 103 yards/game passing. I don't think you'd find many questions about his play if that were in the 150-170 yards/game range. That would at least keep the defense from teeing off on the running game.

Reactions: DerekMcPwn
That's a huge assumption that is incorrect. Sure, that may be true for a few complainers who will always complain as you say. However, we are not talking about pining for the backup QB b/c the starter has one bad game.

We are talking about a QB in Wilson who hasn't really thrown the ball well since game #2. Sure, this team is winning, but they are doing so IN SPITE OF QB play not b/c of it.

I won't even say the coaches need to outright change to Hoak b/c I have no idea why they don't believe in him. However, I've said elsewhere that the gameplan needs to change SOME to incorporate some kind of passing game.

Wilson is averaging 103 yards/game passing. I don't think you'd find many questions about his play if that were in the 150-170 yards/game range. That would at least keep the defense from teeing off on the running game.

So Hoak would have ran for 105 yards against Florida in the swamp AND thrown for more than 2 touchdowns and we still would have won. Laughable. We have SOME (small percentage) garbage fans that don't deserve this amazing season.

It's possible to win in spite of certain decisions.

Are you saying we’re winning inspite of bad coaching?

Sounds like you are and you’d get laughed out of the room by every coach who ever coached football.

Now, if you’re talking about 2nd guessing a particular play or decision I would agree with you. (That’s what fans do.) Coaches get 2nd guessed on every play and personnel call. It comes with the territory.

If your “it’s possible to win inspite of certain decisions” statement is an attempt to throw shade at Stoops then I’d say you simply don’t understand football. UK just won at least 4 SEC games for the 3rd consecutive year for the FIRST TIME in school history. That doesn’t happen “inspite of bad decisions.”

Sounds like you are and you’d get laughed out of the room by every coach who ever coached football.

Now, if you’re talking about 2nd guessing a particular play or decision I would agree with you. (That’s what fans do.) Coaches get 2nd guessed on every play and personnel call. It comes with the territory.

If your “it’s possible to win inspite of certain decisions” statement is an attempt to throw shade at Stoops then I’d say you simply don’t understand football. UK just won at least 4 SEC games for the 3rd consecutive year for the FIRST TIME in school history. That doesn’t happen “inspite of bad decisions.”

You took my remark and read a lot more into it than was there.

I think there are things Stoops and Co. have done quite well:
1) Changed the culture
2) Changed the recruiting
3) Changed the defense
4) Changed the offensive line and running game

But I don't think there's much debate that the passing game is an abomination.

I'm only trying to say that winning a game doesn't mean everything worked. Our offense is horrible right now...and that's somebody's fault, right?

You need to take a chill pill before you have a heart attack. It’s a game man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT