ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky-Gonzaga game in Seattle ??

megablue

All-SEC
Oct 2, 2012
We have a six-game series with Gonzaga and have played two (2) games now.
I believe the next game is a neutral site game in Seattle.
Does anybody know the date of this game ?? I've tried to locate it, but cannot.
Thanks, in advance.
GO CATS !!

Reactions: Fox2monk
It is slated for Seattle this year but it will probably be awhile before the date is announced. Just glanced and on August 23, 2023, they still had not had a date set for the game last season.

I heard they laid a floor inside the top of the space needle. The only tricky part is that the floor will rotate on horizontal axis, so shooters will need to adjust for that.....slightly right to left.

R.8a54acd6e2f51bbabf037449ee27150d

• Haha
Reactions: Fox2monk
I was a little surprised at how decent Gonzaga was this year, with a team that seemingly took a step or two back from recent years (or maybe, that's where I was wrong).

Still, while they get back a ton of guys, they aren't guys that I think will bring them over the top, and they still won't have one of those NBA prospects that creates such a disadvantage in the WCC.. like a Chet, or Suggs.

I like our chances much better with Pope and this group than I did with Cal.. who when we last played, it almost seemed like Cal was fine to lose the game. Although this time, it's @ Gonzaga.. and that won't be easy.

They just got Battle from Arkansas so expect him to shoot 25 free throws wherever the games at.

I was a little surprised at how decent Gonzaga was this year, with a team that seemingly took a step or two back from recent years (or maybe, that's where I was wrong).

Still, while they get back a ton of guys, they aren't guys that I think will bring them over the top, and they still won't have one of those NBA prospects that creates such a disadvantage in the WCC.. like a Chet, or Suggs.

I like our chances much better with Pope and this group than I did with Cal.. who when we last played, it almost seemed like Cal was fine to lose the game. Although this time, it's @ Gonzaga.. and that won't be easy.
We don't have one of those guys that puts us over the top at this time either.

We don't have one of those guys that puts us over the top at this time either.

Maybe not, but I like our coaching better, and we seem to have gotten a bunch of guys who were the best, or near it, on their team. I think our roster will look better than Gonzaga's on paper.

Maybe not, but I like our coaching better, and we seem to have gotten a bunch of guys who were the best, or near it, on their team. I think our roster will look better than Gonzaga's on paper.
I agree. Pope is due against Gonzaga. I believe he is 1-9 against them. He'll be highly-motivated.
GO CATS !!

Reactions: BlueSince92
So we have Duke, osu, UL, road acc game, essentially road Gonzaga game and maybe st John's at Rupp.

Gonna see really quick how good we are.

Reactions: TFCats11
Love the additions Zags have added this offseason in Ajayi from Pepperdine and Battle from Arkansas. Add that to the team that came on at end of season (really after their win in Rupp) and this is going to be a more typical Mark Few team.

My question is what does CBS do about the CBS Classic? You can't have UCLA/Ohio State in the same event seeing they both are in the Big Ten (know it's for FB but I feel stupid every time I type this conference realignment crap) so do we see the event end---or replace a team? Could add Arizona now they are in Big 12, UConn from Big East....just throwing some ideas out there. Honestly would love to see UConn replace Michigan State in the Champions Classic.

We should have easily won last year but for some reason Cal or the players couldn’t figure out how to stop one play. We scored like 13/15 trips and never once gained the lead.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT