ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Vandy (Friday)

Not starting Thompson tonight allows him to stay on normal rest. Also (and have no idea if this would factor into that decision), but UK may want to avoid a sweep at all costs, and the coaches may think that UK stands a better chance of winning with Thompson against Vandy's game 3 starter than its game 2 starter. Again, no idea if that plays into the decision at all.

UK badly needs to figure something out regarding the RF and DH positions in the lineup. Not getting any consistent offensive production out of those positions right now. Obviously there's not a perfect answer or else the coaches would have already figured it out. But would like to see them pick 2 or 3 guys and roll with it with hopes they can get some confidence (perhaps Shinn, Johnson, and one other).

Reactions: sluggercatfan
I hope they get rained out and that means 2- 7 innings game tomorrow. Thompson could pitch at least 5-6 innings in one of those games and johnny all-staff could pitch the other game. Two short games will benefit UK.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Miss. State is up 6-3 on Florida. They could be the first team to take a series from the gators.

LSU up 3-2 though.

So, seriously, why the heck hasn't Harper started lately? He's the midweek starter, that's what he was preparing for all season. Why aren't we now pushing him into that role? I know he struggled early in the SEC schedule, but he's thrown a lot since then.

Was anyone watching the LSU-Auburn game when the announcers asked Kyle Peterson about the SEC getting 10 teams in the NCAA tourney ? He said he was good with that, but he expressed some doubt about UK and LSU, said they both had work still to do.

Was anyone watching the LSU-Auburn game when the announcers asked Kyle Peterson about the SEC getting 10 teams in the NCAA tourney ? He said he was good with that, but he expressed some doubt about UK and LSU, said they both had work still to do.

To get into the tournament? That's asinine

If we get swept, lose 2 games in sec tourney.. Not out of the question I don't think.

I believe we would have to win a game to even be able to lose 2 in the tournament. First round is single elimination.

I just don't think the difference between hosting and not being in is just 2 games. That's crazy.

Cottam goes down swinging. Adds 5 pitches to the count, but couldn't get the bat on the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT