ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Vandy (Friday)

Morale is hanging by a thread right now. They have so many guys hurt right now, so many close plays going against them, so many borderline ball/strikes not helping. It seems like it has snowballed.
Wish that wasn't the case re the morale, but not particularly surprised to read that either. This team appears to be feeling the pressure of the hype that has built up over the past year. At the plate you've got young guys thrust into bigger roles than they may be ready for. At the plate, you have some very talented kids at the top of the lineup, who are likely feeling extra pressure to produce with the rampant injuries to the pitching staff and the 5-8 spots in the batting order struggling somewhat.

They keep letting opponents beat them with their bullpens. You can't chase a starter in 2 IP in SEC play and then just completely get shut down by the middle guys. Man..

Reactions: DubyaT
They keep letting opponents beat them with their bullpens. You can't chase a starter in 2 IP in SEC play and then just completely get shut down by the middle guys. Man..
2 runs in last 14 innings...pitching has been fine...hitting is what is sucking that's why it's bafflingly why you are playing guys that are almost no threat at all.

Nice job by Ramsey to work around the lead off single. Gets a pair of K's with the second being accompanied by a batters interference call that Cottam did a good job of selling as the batter drifted across the plate as he Cottam came up to throw.

ARod...really???!!! He did what he does best. When you are at the plate looking for a walk that's what you get.

UK manages its second base runner against this reliever and color commentator talking smack about Aklinski's bat flip on a walk.

^ catcher framed that up so violently it was almost an automatic ball any other time

As badly as UK's offense has been so far this series, they're only two back.

Awesome play by Squires on awkward pop up in foul ground.

There you go boys...you gotta touch HP. That should be enough. Gonna watch our half and if we don't produce I'm calling it a night

I'm like this team. I'm too tired for this. Been up since 5 and I can't even see the screen. I'm going to hang up and listen. Take care guys.

Pompey doubles off the green monster in left for first hit off of King. Missed a HR by 3 or 4 feet.

I'll say one thing... I do not think that it should be allowed to build walls that high when you hit a ball like Pompey hit that you deserve a home run

Reactions: STUCKNBIG10
Cottam has gotten some pitches to hit tonight and just hasn't been able to connect. Struck out with Pompey on third and one out.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
That was the inning to make it happen. Didn't work. Might as well mail this one in. The bottom of the lineup has been all but useless.

Cats leave another in scoring position. Two runs through 17 innings this weekend. Ramsey deserved better tonight. Harper on to pitch.

I have a bad feeling a handful of guys on the team have already dialed it in and are counting down the days until the season is over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT