ADVERTISEMENT

Keion Brooks

T Jones and pj also played like Knox at times... from the 4 position. Whitney is our 3. Hate to burst your bubble
You will see Brooks play some three. Hate to burst your bubble. I never said he would play the three entirely.

i expect to see wenyen grabriel type year from brooks.
It’s possible the actual results could be similar but Brooks & Gabriel couldn’t be more different. Gabriel had some physical tools and was always hustling. His motor ran non-stop. Brooks has more skills than athleticism and motor and he’s physically limited. It’ll be interesting to see how he translates to college and it could take more than a year but I think he’ll end up being a really good college player if he makes the adjustment before leaving.

no you said he'd use him like Kevin Knox... Kevin Knox is a 3... started at the 3 and played the 3 all year. thats not the same as playing some 3
You evidently can't read. I said Brooks said Cal told him he could use him like Kevin Knox. I never said he would use him that way. That was what Brooks said Cal told him.

You evidently can't read. I said Brooks said Cal told him he could use him like Kevin Knox. I never said he would use him that way. That was what Brooks said Cal told him.

Where's Whitney going to play his 35 mpg at then? are you dumb enough to think Whitney is a SG?

like I said originally......... Brooks isnt a 3......... he's a 4. even if brooks gets 2 minutes here and there at the 3 in a big lineup......... that doesnt mean he's a 3

Don't bother. He bumbles his way around this site and it's hard to watch. He's always looking for a fight.

Reactions: kl40504
no you said he'd use him like Kevin Knox... Kevin Knox is a 3... started at the 3 and played the 3 all year. thats not the same as playing some 3
Knox
Where's Whitney going to play his 35 mpg at then? are you dumb enough to think Whitney is a SG?

like I said originally......... Brooks isnt a 3......... he's a 4. even if brooks gets 2 minutes here and there at the 3 in a big lineup......... that doesnt mean he's a 3
Moving the goal posts are we? No one ever said he was a full time 3. How stupid can you be?
you-are-dumb-gif-10.gif

Reactions: Cardsstink
Im sorry but LOL at the handles to play the 3......... guy has the handles to drive past big men...... not sf's. we went through this with Poythress and Gabriel......... I figured people would be able to tell how good of a ball handler and fast a guy has to be to drive on opposing SF's... because they are usually 6'4 , 6'5 guards playing the SF spot.

Agree totally!

T Jones and pj also played like Knox at times... from the 4 position. Whitney is our 3. Hate to burst your bubble

Here is what the experts say about Brooks. Thought you might enjoy.

A big wing (6-9) who combines good size and length with very nice athleticism. Versatility is also a strength. It is possible he spends some time as a shooting guard, and also could slide all the way down and be a stretch power forward. Has ability to naturally get buckets in the mid-range. Needs to continue to get stronger and work on his perimeter jumper. Should develop into a first-round NBA selection.

If Brooks has the ability to play the two position I am sure he can play the three.

there aint any 3 about it....... kids a face up 4 ......... .....but thankfully Whitney is our 3.
A big wing (6-9) who combines good size and length with very nice athleticism. Versatility is also a strength. It is possible he spends some time as a shooting guard, and also could slide all the way down and be a stretch power forward. Has ability to naturally get buckets in the mid-range. Needs to continue to get stronger and work on his perimeter jumper. Should develop into a first-round NBA selection.

Brooks will not have to learn to shoot the ball and score, from all points on the floor. Brooks handles are fine for his size. Always great to get a 5 star with basketball fundamentals that don't have to be taught.

This is why I think we are screwed next year no matter what. The only way we have a legit shot at a title is if pj and Keldon came back and that’s not happening. We weren’t able to make a FF this year and except for Maxey, the players we are bringing in aren’t as good as what we are losing. I just can’t get excited about next year.
I think you should do yourself a favor and sit next year out. including posting on this board. We will let you know how it goes. Come to think of it, 20-21 ain't looking good either, take off a couple seasons. See you about about 2023

And Chad Ford said James Young was a great passer. ROTFLMAO just posting something saying Brooks might play some shooting guard is a massive joke.

Last edited:
Brooks is a forward come on this isn’t rocket science hagans 1 maxey 2 Whitney 3 brooks 4 sestina 4 Montgomery probably in between 4/5 Richards 5. Oh yeah we need McDaniels because he’d make everyone better

I think Brooks ends up as our starting 4 man.

G Hagans (if he comes back) or Quickley
G Maxey
F Whitney
F Brooks
F Montgomery
I don't see Brooks starting..To me, he will need time maybe 2- 3 year player. Reminds me of Darius Miller. He even runs like Miller with the stiff knees..

Brooks is a 4 and Whitney is a 3 sorry to burst your bubble on common sense bball knowledge!
Very good point...,keep it simple as it usually is that simple.

Brooks is a 4...he has no handles for SF and his decision making is pretty brutal. He is a "play finisher" a and not a "Play starter" to quote Cal. He'll be feasting on lobs, rebounds, isolate on post and pick/pop 3pt shots.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Look forward to seeing Brooks and Whitney playing together with Maxey on the same team in the Jordan Brand game April 20.

Brooks playing time will be contingent on Cals recruiting. He will very likely just fall under the recruited talent level and see limited action until his junior year. For recruiting purposes, that's a good thing for Kentucky, but will Brooks be willing to sit and wait. Probably not, but it wont hurt UK either.

Look forward to seeing Brooks and Whitney playing together with Maxey on the same team in the Jordan Brand game April 20.

Oddly, the game won't be televised this year. It moved from Barclays Center to Las Vegas and for some reason ESPN isn't going to be able to televise it on any network. Would think ESPNU might show it--but nope. So we'll rely on media updates on the guys.

Oddly, the game won't be televised this year. It moved from Barclays Center to Las Vegas and for some reason ESPN isn't going to be able to televise it on any network. Would think ESPNU might show it--but nope. So we'll rely on media updates on the guys.

my guess is someone else has the rights to the game.... maybe its going to get streamed online?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT