ADVERTISEMENT

Marshall County Hoopest

Cobb4uk

Junior
Gold Member
May 18, 2019
Benton, ky
Really great high school basket tonight, Link Academy, Legacy Early College,
La Lumiere, Orangeville (Canada), Long Island Luthern and Oak Hill were the games of interest, all for $10.00.

Many really great player, but V.J. Edgecombe of Long Island Luthern, Tre Johnson & Jasper Johnson of Link were sure worth the trip. Edgecombe has the complete package, smooth, quick, good shooter, good defender and can jump out o the gym. He would be a fantastic fit IMO, best player I saw tonight, although Tre Johnson a close 2nd. Jasper Johnson was the best Junior, quick, both offensively & defensively an good unselfish ballhandler, he was impressive.

Cal and Antiqua arrived just in time to see Edgecombe and Long Island Luthern beat Oak Hill badly, was never close. Travis Perry sat with Cal. Perry looked like he may have grown little sine last time I saw him, I'll be able to tell when they play Saturday. If there are 3 or 4 better than Edgecombe I sure would like to see them, he put on a show for Cal in every facet of game.

There are 14 more games through Saturday, 6 games Friday starting at 12pm and 8 games Saturday starting at 9 am.

I miss these high school tournaments. Went to the King of the Bluegrass for years until I got this job. Saw many a good team and players come through there. I miss it. When I retire I plan on going back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT