ADVERTISEMENT

Keion Brooks

Montana81

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
Quietly having a pretty good season. 20/7 on 50/40/77 shooting splits.

Washington currently 10-6 but no bad losses and no double digit losses.

Just looking at stats…Wheeler averaging a career high in points. 6.5 assists per game, to 3.1 turnovers. Still too many turnovers imo. Also shooting 17% from 3. But he did go 5/5 against arizona state tonight. So that number should go up a bit.

Brooks and Wheeler are their 2 leading scorers.

He and Wheeler both played well tonight. Brooks really stepped up in the 2nd half and lead the push that got Washington a lead midway thru which they pulled away to 15 pt win.

Both played 38 min.

Brooks 22 pts 4 reb 4 asst 3/4 on 3 pta
Wheeler 24p 6r 8a 5/5 on 3 pta

Just looking at stats…Wheeler averaging a career high in points. 6.5 assists per game, to 3.1 turnovers. Still too many turnovers imo. Also shooting 17% from 3. But he did go 5/5 against arizona state tonight. So that number should go up a bit.

Brooks was a decent piece, we just needed him to be the 4/5/6 type scorer on a team and he was like 2/3 on that last team. I’m sure he also shoots 18 times a game now.

Great to see they are doing well! I have forgotten about them after there move out west.

Two players that were just to inconsistent (good play, bonehead play, good game, ugly game) to help a club like a Kentucky that usually has 9-10 good players on the roster.

Maybe they if they can get 9 more wins, we can play them in the tourney. :)

Brooks was a decent piece, we just needed him to be the 4/5/6 type scorer on a team and he was like 2/3 on that last team. I’m sure he also shoots 18 times a game now.

He’s averaging 20 on 14 shots. That’s actually pretty efficient. Seems like he’s turned into a really good college player.

But yeah when he was here he just wasn’t ready for that role yet.

He’s averaging 20 on 14 shots. That’s actually pretty efficient. Seems like he’s turned into a really good college player.

But yeah when he was here he just wasn’t ready for that role yet.
He was a good player here, just not quite what we needed him to be. I always said if we had the talent level like now he would have been a fantastic piece.

Brooks was average at best. I am glad he is doing well but am glad he is not here. He was not good enough to play here. Someone has to score points on bad teams.

Wheeler is a massive liability wherever he plays. If you are as short as him and can’t shoot it is eventually going to catch up to you. You won’t consistently beat good teams with Wheeler logging major minutes for your team. I am even more glad that he is gone.

They play well under the dim lights, smaller stage, good for them. I liked Brooks, thought he should have stayed, forget about Wheeler, he quit last year, never cheer for a quitter.

Brooks was average at best. I am glad he is doing well but am glad he is not here. He was not good enough to play here. Someone has to score points on bad teams.

Brooks would've been fine here this year. Players do get better as they get older. He was struggling his first 2 years, but he was good in his junior year. It seemed like we were dead-set on Toppin, which kinda forced his hand. Brooks might have been better than Toppin last year, but Mitchell is a much better end result than either of them.

Brooks would've been fine here this year. Players do get better as they get older. He was struggling his first 2 years, but he was good in his junior year. It seemed like we were dead-set on Toppin, which kinda forced his hand. Brooks might have been better than Toppin last year, but Mitchell is a much better end result than either of them.

I think this is right Toppin was probably going to leave if Brooks stayed and the preference at that point was to go with Jacob. Also, hell yes on Mitchell. So much more solid. I always wanted Brooks and Toppin to be great but would go with Mitchell 10/10 times.

Brooks was a stirrer who distracted the team from the goal of playing basketball. 5th year senior who has finally started playing with some consistency. But for Covid he would be out in the cold world.

Reactions: KFuqua
Great to see they are doing well! I have forgotten about them after there move out west.

Two players that were just to inconsistent (good play, bonehead play, good game, ugly game) to help a club like a Kentucky that usually has 9-10 good players on the roster.

Maybe they if they can get 9 more wins, we can play them in the tourney. :)
I don't think Wheeler was good enough at his best to play major minutes for Kentucky. Just far too limited. He was a 15 mpg bench piece at most. Brooks good enough to be a contributor here, but not a featured role like he wanted.

I think this is right Toppin was probably going to leave if Brooks stayed and the preference at that point was to go with Jacob. Also, hell yes on Mitchell. So much more solid. I always wanted Brooks and Toppin to be great but would go with Mitchell 10/10 times.
Mitchell is SO much better than I think any of us had dreamed of him being

A lot of seasons we’ve been missing one critical piece. The past four or five years we’ve been missing two or three. As a result Brooks was under a lot of pressure to do what he wasn’t capable of.
We needed Frosh Brooks at Florida or the at Kansas Brooks with regularity. He just didn't bring it like that consistently.

Brooks isn't very good. Not efficient. He's at a school that lacks talent. Good for him...he's managed to take a 5-star rating and turn it into a 5-year, average college career. Hopefully he gets paid to play overseas and makes a good living.

He was a good player here, just not quite what we needed him to be. I always said if we had the talent level like now he would have been a fantastic piece.
Most players reach their potential as seniors. Brooks probably would have here, he just didn't want to stay and find out. It probably felt toxic for him to be under this microscope.

The last thing this year's team would be another terrible defender. Wish him well, but so glad Brooks ain't here.

Reactions: KFuqua
I've watched Huskies a few times this season because of Sahvir and Keion. Gotta say both look more comfortable playing than they did here.

Im happy for Keion. I'm Switzerland on his Rupp comment(s). Nobody here knows truly the heart of a stranger, but everybody has said something about a subject they aren't fully educated on.

As for Wheeler, I don't root for or against him. I do however wish him the best. Things don't always work out. Square peg, round hole I believe.

Always like to see any one who transferred succeed. Not everyone is a fit here and that's okay. I never understood why some fans hold such a grudge against guys who transfer. God forbid a 18 year old realized they didn't make the right decision for themselves by coming here.

I watched UW play in person at CU-Boulder.

Brooks and Wheeler just want the volume. They don't work hard. Basically a less-good version of what they were at UK, but still best on a pretty sub-par UW team.

Im happy for Keion. I'm Switzerland on his Rupp comment(s). Nobody here knows truly the heart of a stranger, but everybody has said something about a subject they aren't fully educated on.

As for Wheeler, I don't root for or against him. I do however wish him the best. Things don't always work out. Square peg, round hole I believe.
You need to leave. Level headed, logical, and mature responses to players transferring are not allowed on this board.

I watched UW play in person at CU-Boulder.

Brooks and Wheeler just want the volume. They don't work hard. Basically a less-good version of what they were at UK, but still best on a pretty sub-par UW team.
Also, Wheeler has put on a ton of weight. Even my wife noticed it. He's pretty pudgey and not nearly as explosive as he was.

Some of you either don't watch much college ball or simply don't understand it. Brooks is an above average player at most schools. He's just not a top player on a top team, if he's your #1 you'll never be great but he would be ok as the 4th or 5th option. He's much like Hopkins in that he can lead a Washington, Providence, type in scoring and even to the tournament.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Was hoping they would make ncaa so we could annihilate them. They will be lucky to make NIT.

And wheeler is like 40 years old and brooks is 39. Dumb covid rules.

Still Washington will not win a title with Wheeler at point, he will cost them in March

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT