ADVERTISEMENT

Keion Brooks

Was hoping they would make ncaa so we could annihilate them. They will be lucky to make NIT.
Why the hell do people still care so much? Why hold a grudge against a few young men who decided UK wasn't for them? It's not like our current team misses them or could use them. The didn't wrong you personally, they decided to play for another basketball team. Just let it go and live and let live.

Why the hell do people still care so much? Why hold a grudge against a few young men who decided UK wasn't for them? It's not like our current team misses them or could use them. The didn't wrong you personally, they decided to play for another basketball team. Just let it go and live and let live.

Wheeler is a quitter.

Don't have an issue with Brooks.

And I hardly care. It's a passing comment on a message board.

Was hoping they would make ncaa so we could annihilate them. They will be lucky to make NIT.

And wheeler is like 40 years old and brooks is 39. Dumb covid rules.
For general reference …
Brooks 08/07/2000
Mitchell 09/24/2000
Reeves 11/20/2000
Wheeler 01/17/2001

Happy for Brooks and Wheeler to be enjoying a nice year for Washington, but glad to have them no longer with KY. Much better situations for everyone … !!

Reactions: KFuqua
Why the hell do people care so much? Why hold a grudge against a few strangers who decided they take issue with Wheeler and Brooks. They didn’t wrong you personally, they decided to make a comment on a message board. Just let it go and let live.

Seems like Brooks has been playing college basketball for the better part of a decade.. Weird how long some guys hang around in this new era.

But, yeah, he does appear to be having an excellent season. Really nice numbers in nearly every category (even hitting a high percentage of threes now).

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Quietly having a pretty good season. 20/7 on 50/40/77 shooting splits.

Washington currently 10-6 but no bad losses and no double digit losses.

Just looking at stats…Wheeler averaging a career high in points. 6.5 assists per game, to 3.1 turnovers. Still too many turnovers imo. Also shooting 17% from 3. But he did go 5/5 against arizona state tonight. So that number should go up a bit.

Brooks and Wheeler are their 2 leading scorers.
I love both of those guys and spent quite a bit of time supporting and defending them. Having said this, I'm glad they're not here right now. I hope they do well this season but lose by 30 if they play UK. 😀

I’m actually happy to see Brooks finally be that player we thought he could be when we signed him.
Amazing how players grow and mature in their games. It’s what college athletics use to be about. I will forever miss the days of having someone like Kenny “Sky” Walker as a freshman on your team and knowing you get to watch him play for at least another 2 seasons and quite possibly all the way through their Sr. Season.

I didn't think Brooks was ever as bad as people let on here. Somehow he became the go to guy to blame. I thought he was a lot better than Toppin. It used to drive me crazy that he would consistently shoot jumpers one foot inside the three point line, but Cal was selfish and couldn't get with the times and gave him the green light to do so. The numbers say that it is by far the worst shot in basketball.

Im happy for Keion. I'm Switzerland on his Rupp comment(s). Nobody here knows truly the heart of a stranger, but everybody has said something about a subject they aren't fully educated on.

As for Wheeler, I don't root for or against him. I do however wish him the best. Things don't always work out. Square peg, round hole I believe.
I can't actually tell what you are trying to say here. I'm plenty educated enough on the matter to know calling for Rupp's name to be removed was total bullshit. I'm glad that dumbass left.

One tried to get Rupp's name off the arena and the other refused to play if he couldn't start. If Wheeler had just finished the season it would be different.

One tried to get Rupp's name off the arena and the other refused to play if he couldn't start. If Wheeler had just finished the season it would be different.
He did not “try” to get Rupp’s name removed. A reporter asked him a question and he answered it. That is all that happened.

Our fans blew that out of proportion to an absurd degree.

Players like Brooks usually get a lot better as they move past the 20-21 year old stage. . It’s just natural. Problem is, at UK they’re either recruited over or leave for the NBA before that occurs. Glad he’s doing well.

I'm happy Wheeler is gone. JC would have him starting for this team and getting 30 minutes a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT