ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas and Bill Self, just like Duke are producing bust after bust in the NBA.

~Keyser Soze~

All-American
Jan 14, 2003
After we beat them in 2012, Kansas and Adidas started cheating their asses off. KU started getting elite recruits every year, but that's all they ended up being.

2013 : Andrew Wiggins, #1 Rivals recruit, generational talent. After 5 years in Minnesota they're offering 1st round picks for a team to take Wiggins and his awful contract and still can't find a suitor.

They did sign Joel Embiid that year, he is the lone Kansas NBA All Star.

2014: Cliff Alexander, #4 Rivals recruit. Cliff was busted taking money from an agent, Kansas got a pass per usual. Cliff declared for the draft after 1 year, he went undrafted and never caught on in the league.

2015: Cheick Diallo, #5 Rivals recruit. Cheick never should have been eligible to play, per usual, Kansas got a pass. He would've been better off ineligible instead of being ruined by Self and Kansas. Spent a year doing nothing at Kansas, declared for the draft, went in the 2nd round. 4 years later the Pelicans didnt pick up his option and he's a free agent wandering the earth like Caine in Kung Fu.

2016: Josh Jackson, Rivals #1 recruit. He had several of the court issues at Kansas which were swept under the rug and have continued in the NBA. He left Kansas after 1 year was drafted by the Suns 4th overall. They have given up on him after 2 years. They sent him packing with Melton and 2 draft picks for Jahvon Carter and Kyle Korver who they're waiving.

2017: Billy Preston, Rivals #11 recruit. He was really bad at hiding and driving his illegal benefits, he was ruled ineligible by Kansas and was later exposed by the FBI wiretaps. He went undrafted and plays in the G League.

2018 Quintin Grimes, Rivals #8 recruit. Had a ho hum freshman season, things are so bad that he transferred to Houston and will likely have to sit out a year.

With all the talent Self has had at Kansas, they have 6 guys left in the league at the moment.

Joel Embiid
Devonte Graham
Josh Jackson
Frank Mason
Svi Mykhailiuk
Andrew Wiggins
Oubre will likely sign with someone and maybe the Morris twins, but that is still pitiful considering the amount of talent that has gone through Kansas. I dont know if their recruiting fell off because Adidas got busted or all their busts got exposed. Yall can keep saying it doesnt matter where these kids go to college as far as NBA success goes, but the facts suggest otherwise.

*I'm not saying UK doesn't have busts
*I'm not saying every Kansas player is a bust
*I'm not saying every Duke player is a bust
* I know some of you dont care about the NBA and what happens to guys after college

* I'm not saying UK doesn't have busts
* I'm not saying every Kansas player is a bust
* I'm not saying every Duke player is a bust
* I know some of you don't care about the NBA and what happens to guys after college
Keyser, you could have skipped this paragraph. You knocked it out of the park with your post. Well done....

Wow. Your infatuation and obsession with Kansas is apparent by all time and energy you spent to make this post

On another note, The title is about players in the NBA yet Grimes is still in college and Preston is never played in the NBA. SMH.

So Kansas is the new Duke obsession ? Checking to make sure I didn't miss anything!

Reactions: OMGHAWK
:joy: Great post, Keyser.

Maybe sometime Self will stop buying all the sportswriters rounds at Augusta Hooters during Peach Jam and those hacks will actually start calling him out. Dirtiest coach in college basketball.

:joy: Great post, Keyser.

Maybe sometime Self will stop buying all the sportswriters rounds at Augusta Hooters during Peach Jam and those hacks will actually start calling him out. Dirtiest coach in college basketball.
Dirtiest program ever! Started back in 1922! Read they lost their bread banners!

Whatever happened to Wayne Seldon, wasnt he supposed to be the Next Big Thing out of KU?

Honestly the best players to come out of KU were the lowest ranked ones, Embiid and the Morris twins. Embiid still reps KU but I have not seen that from the Morrises, they rep Philly all the time but not KU.

Reactions: uky8unc5
Wow. Your infatuation and obsession with Kansas is apparent by all time and energy you spent to make this post

On another note, The title is about players in the NBA yet Grimes is still in college and Preston is never played in the NBA. SMH.
Your infatuation with Kentucky shows by you creeping on our board to see this thread. I bet being a Kansas fan is kinda like purgatory.

Josh Selby still working at McDonalds?

From McDonald's All-American to McDonald's Fry Cook. LOL!

Wasn't he the top ranked player in his class according to Rivals or some other site?

He was in the same class as Irving and Knight, so he wasn't even the best player at his position in that class.

Talk about being overhyped.

Good one, I didnt even go back far enough to include Selby. Bill Self has had the #1 recruit in the country per Rivals 3 times at Kansas, Josh Selby, Andrew Wiggins, and Josh Jackson, all have greatly underachieved. Josh Selby ended up a 2nd round pick and was shortly out of the league.

You nailed that post.

So close to being self-aware.

Reactions: chroix
Why any recruit would go to KU, especially after visiting Lawrence, is beyond me. That place is a dump.

After we beat them in 2012, Kansas and Adidas started cheating their asses off. KU started getting elite recruits every year, but that's all they ended up being.

2013 : Andrew Wiggins, #1 Rivals recruit, generational talent. After 5 years in Minnesota they're offering 1st round picks for a team to take Wiggins and his awful contract and still can't find a suitor.

They did sign Joel Embiid that year, he is the lone Kansas NBA All Star.

2014: Cliff Alexander, #4 Rivals recruit. Cliff was busted taking money from an agent, Kansas got a pass per usual. Cliff declared for the draft after 1 year, he went undrafted and never caught on in the league.

2015: Cheick Diallo, #5 Rivals recruit. Cheick never should have been eligible to play, per usual, Kansas got a pass. He would've been better off ineligible instead of being ruined by Self and Kansas. Spent a year doing nothing at Kansas, declared for the draft, went in the 2nd round. 4 years later the Pelicans didnt pick up his option and he's a free agent wandering the earth like Caine in Kung Fu.

2016: Josh Jackson, Rivals #1 recruit. He had several of the court issues at Kansas which were swept under the rug and have continued in the NBA. He left Kansas after 1 year was drafted by the Suns 4th overall. They have given up on him after 2 years. They sent him packing with Melton and 2 draft picks for Jahvon Carter and Kyle Korver who they're waiving.

2017: Billy Preston, Rivals #11 recruit. He was really bad at hiding and driving his illegal benefits, he was ruled ineligible by Kansas and was later exposed by the FBI wiretaps. He went undrafted and plays in the G League.

2018 Quintin Grimes, Rivals #8 recruit. Had a ho hum freshman season, things are so bad that he transferred to Houston and will likely have to sit out a year.

With all the talent Self has had at Kansas, they have 6 guys left in the league at the moment.

Joel Embiid
Devonte Graham
Josh Jackson
Frank Mason
Svi Mykhailiuk
Andrew Wiggins
Oubre will likely sign with someone and maybe the Morris twins, but that is still pitiful considering the amount of talent that has gone through Kansas. I dont know if their recruiting fell off because Adidas got busted or all their busts got exposed. Yall can keep saying it doesnt matter where these kids go to college as far as NBA success goes, but the facts suggest otherwise.

*I'm not saying UK doesn't have busts
*I'm not saying every Kansas player is a bust
*I'm not saying every Duke player is a bust
* I know some of you dont care about the NBA and what happens to guys after college
The coach is all about him SELF

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
Okafor has certainly been a bust in the NBA. Means nada to me. He was a key contributor to a National Title. Anything else is icing on the cake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT