ADVERTISEMENT

Justin Edwards is not a top 5 recruit

How is this even *f*ing relevant at this point? He is a KY basketball player. That means support not ridicule.
Someone should make a new name Justin Edwards is a shorter Khalil Whitney. Dude I remember when people thought Whitney was like kawhi Leonard

Statistically, it isn't a joke. However, it is a very subjective and there are lots of misses. Someone did an evaluation of the rankings, based on player performance, several years ago (it was posted on this site) and it made it clear that rankings do matter. Having said that, I think the biggest downfall of the system is that it often rewards players based on perceived potential. The NBA drafts on perceived potential as well and that is why some high draft picks are busts.

As for Reed Sheppard, he was also underrated by the majority of this board. Go back and look at the posts about how he will be a good player coming off the bench, etc. from before our Summer games.
I was one supported Reed from the times I saw him play in high school. I never doubted him being great in college. I have a cousin who loves high school basketball in Kentucky (he used to coach) and loves to pick who he thinks will go far, if anyone. I would go with him to some games around the state, if I could. Reed obviously stood out early in high school. I was, however, afraid for him to come play at UK because of Cal for various reasons. So far, so good!!! Yay!!!💙💙💙

GO BIG BLUE💙💙💙

I was one supported Reed from the times I saw him play in high school. I never doubted him being great in college. I have a cousin who loves high school basketball in Kentucky (he used to coach) and loves to pick who he thinks will go far, if anyone. I would go with him to some games around the state, if I could. Reed obviously stood out early in high school. I was, however, afraid for him to come play at UK because of Cal for various reasons. So far, so good!!! Yay!!!💙💙💙

GO BIG BLUE💙💙💙

I went back and looked at some of the HS rankings just to see where Reed was in HS. Rivals had him as number 4 SG behind McCain (Duke), Walter (Baylor) and James (USC). Besides his incredible shooting percentage, what sets Reed apart from the others is his all around game. He is a good one!!!

I agree with this. Without someone else rating these recruits, Calipari would have to evaluate the players himself so with the star-rating system, he always has an excuse if the player turns out to be a bust.
He doesn’t need an excuse. Best coach in college basketball.

Only the CHC sees it differently.

Reactions: Seakat311
Can someone explain why Edwards is still a starter?
360_F_335919003_TH0ZtHZZ5QGT34n1NcQXzRGvz4Pthg11.jpg

They missed on this guy IMO. it's been 8 games. I just don't see it. He might be great but it won't be this season.
You may be right. But if that is the case, we should just think of him as Adou and appreciate it as he slowly gets better.
I never saw what everybody else saw. But I am glad we have him. I think he will be a good player. No clue if he will play up to whatever ranking he had. If you stop thinking about players in that context, it’s a little more fun.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Edwards played well today. His game is just not sexy but he's a really good prospect.
He’s a good prospect no doubt. But wasn’t he thought to be the number one overall pick in next years draft?
That’s a little different than a good prospect and comes with greater expectations.

Reactions: mailman85
Did Thiero get injured? Who only 3 minutes in the second half? You’ve got Edwards and Mitchell stat padding in garbage time, but Thiero playing 3 minutes the whole half. I’m so confused.
I didn’t notice but some people were saying Thiero was having some sort of back issue and they were working on him on the bench.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT