ADVERTISEMENT

Ralphdaltonfan called it

Yep. Just like Z had a good stat line…will it carry to the next match up? Or will they both revert back to previous performances?
Cal already stated that he pulled Edwards at one point in the game because he started to go back to the spin moves and such........just make the play.....

you say you won't defend those losses by blaming youth and then mention injuries.

I wonder how many games UK would have won of those losses had Cal committed to playing the players that were contributing the most versus his commitment to developing them?

We'll never know the answer but I suspect common sense says there were line ups Cal could have played (Dilly on the bench?) that led to a win.

Even Cal and Edwards both agree that his development came from his commitment to being in the gym, not playing time in the games.
Injuries are different than blaming youth. Unless you think Cal is injuring players. You may think he's inuring players intentionally, I'm not sure. But if not, it's hard to blame the coach for injuries. If you read my post, you'd see where I mentioned Edwards' drop in minutes when he started struggling. So, Calipari did play guys less who weren't being as effective. Dillingham is a talented guy, no doubt. But don't act like he's without any issues. When he's making shots, he can win games by himself. He nearly won that LSU game at the end. But he also turns the ball over with terrible passes at times. And he also is foul prone, which costs him minutes. Now, some of that you just have to endure because he is such a prolific scorer when he's on. But if you can't see why Calipari would bench him when he's throwing wild passes, turning it over, and fouling 25 feet from the basket, I don't what to tell you. I have learned this about you, and others, you wouldn't pay Calipari a compliment at this point for all the tea in China. I'm not there. I will criticize him when I think he should be criticized. Like losing that LSU game- there is zero excuse for that. Like running his mouth after the Auburn game, he needs to learn some humility, but it may be too late in life for him to learn much. But some of you guys have decided Cal must go and any positive word about him must go also. But I'm not there with the rest of you. And for that, you likely think of me as an enemy of the program, which is sad since nothing could be further from the truth. I would love to see this current team meet its potential and find some post-season success. If that happens, Cal will get some credit and likely buy some time from those seeking his dismissal. And that's fine with me. If this season turns to crap, Cal will be blamed. I'm fine with that, too. This may be his best shot to get a team to a Final Four since Fox, Monk, and Bam. If he can't do it with this group, he may need to hang it up. I want Kentucky to win every game and make every Final Four and win every championship. If that comes with Calipari, good. If it comes with someone else as the head coach, good.

Reactions: KYFOSSIL
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT