ADVERTISEMENT

Justified

But is saying it's a 30 minute driver from Lexington to Harlan what makes it a good story?
How does it hurt it? Done so the character could make it there easily, plus using names of towns people might recognize.

Do you check geography for every fictional show? Some of those drives they make in New York City on Law and Order aren't makable either!

You need to start watching more documentaries, I guess! ;)

just started rewatching fm season 1 last week -

aside from none of it actually being filmed in KY (except intro cuts showing Harlan briefly) —- it’s probably the best portrayal of eastern/central KY that i’ve seen

not everyone is a stereotype on there - and several ppl were believable enough that they reminded me of someone i knew ——

what was the weed growing/apple pie drinking lady?

was her name Mags?? She reminded me of an entire cadre of tough old women i’ve known around Bell Co

just started rewatching fm season 1 last week -

aside from none of it actually being filmed in KY (except intro cuts showing Harlan briefly) —- it’s probably the best portrayal of eastern/central KY that i’ve seen

not everyone is a stereotype on there - and several ppl were believable enough that they reminded me of someone i knew ——

what was the weed growing/apple pie drinking lady?

was her name Mags?? She reminded me of an entire cadre of tough old women i’ve known around Bell Co

Mags Bennett. Based off the famous bootlegger Mag Bailey in Harlan.

Yeah, I laugh at that as well as the Jamaican church in the pilot. The actors were pretty great though. I think anything with Dewey Crowe was as good as it gets to represent an Eastern Kentucky criminal. 😆
I liked the Dickie Bennett character. Jeremy Davies is a very good supporting actor. He and Olyphant had great chemistry I thought.

So you're on season 1?
If so, you won't be disappointed. Each season is really good.
Season 1 is the worst, and it’s still very good. Second worst is what we season the villains were led by the stupid Florida gator farmer. But it is fantastic and the final scene is one of the best ever.

Last edited:
Reactions: kywildcat41086
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT