ADVERTISEMENT

Just remember Mitch kept Joker and Elzy another year too

seccats04

All-American
Dec 6, 2004
When it was obvious to everyone but him, that they were not gonna work out. Just because he supposedly has confidence that Cal can fix this (which he would've fixed three years ago if he could've fixed it) there's a couple of high profile examples that this won't work. He held on to Mingione a year longer than I would have and that looks to have been a good decision but Cal has just been so off the last several years that I'm just not confident it will work. Really hope I'm wrong.

Regardless, it’s obvious Mitch is well past the point in his life ( I don’t believe he ever had it) to handle the job of athletics director for a major SEC sports program. He’s be better suited in a smaller role, like a small private school or something like Eastern. This is not the kind of job for a guy like him with modern revenues, massive contracts, and fierce competition rivaling professional sports. It’s more than obvious from his decision making that he doesn’t have the ability to survey the landscape in an organization like this.

It’s time for Barnhart to step aside and retire or go to a smaller institution where winning at the highest level is not something they’re concerned about.

At some point in everyone’s life you have to know when to quit. Otherwise you damage your life’s work.

Barnhart certainly putting his neck on the chopping block if this season and post season is anything like we’ve seen the past few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT