ADVERTISEMENT

Just Maybe Cal knows

Cal could possibly know who might be coming back and the NBA Combine ends today so there will be alot of decisions coming up next week after the Combine. I know that Oscar has a couple of NBA Team workouts but Cal has been getting back all of the feedback on Oscar and Reeves from the Combine. There will be more names that will pop up that decides to come back to college that is in the Portal or Graduate Transfers. If Oscar and Reeves returns then UK will be at 9 players. I would look for Cal to go to the Portal and try and get a Power Forward and another wing/shooter to get us at 11 players. If you go back over the years with Cal at UK he has started with 11 or 12 players each season.

That Oscar, Reeves and Livingston are coming back, don't be surprised, Im sure he has better knowledge of this than anyone else, and for the record I think he is a horrible in game coach, one of the worst to adjust to the game
Make A Plan Hope GIF by StickerGiant

Oscar and Livingston is gone I think maybe Reeves could come back seems we will not have a bench next season other teams have filled their rosters with good transfers and yet Cal does nothing.

This out of the blue super elite recruiting class is the only thing saving Cal right now.. If it doesn't work then it's over..
Recruiting class along with 4 solid upperclassmen would have been solid. Right now our current roster doesn’t have a solid upperclassman and at best we might end up with 2. I like Theiro and think he will progress fine but can hardly call him a solid upperclassman at this stage. Onyenso not even close. Oscar and reeves retuning gives us our best chance at a good team but even then a likely 10 loss team entering March as a 6 seed.

Reactions: DSGTCAT28
Recruiting class along with 4 solid upperclassmen would have been solid. Right now our current roster doesn’t have a solid upperclassman and at best we might end up with 2. I like Theiro and think he will progress fine but can hardly call him a solid upperclassman at this stage. Onyenso not even close. Oscar and reeves retuning gives us our best chance at a good team but even then a likely 10 loss team entering March as a 6 seed.
This I agree. I have little faith in freshman classes without strong, experienced men up front.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
That Oscar, Reeves and Livingston are coming back, don't be surprised, Im sure he has better knowledge of this than anyone else, and for the record I think he is a horrible in game coach, one of the worst to adjust to the game
The way Oscar has been playing in the tryouts i think some team may take a chance on him and draft him. Livingston is gone, if he does not get drafted i think he hits the portal. Reeves I can see coming back. This week is going to be very interesting to see what UK does.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
You
This out of the blue super elite recruiting class is the only thing saving Cal right now.. If it doesn't work then it's over..
If he knew that he would have gone after dicksinson like they did and he wouldn’t have flown out to LA to watch Livingston do a draft workout and talk to klutch. He grasping for air at this point
How in the hell do you know what that man is doing? There's plenty of time left to add the few players we need. The hate Cal cult is a trip.

The way Oscar has been playing in the tryouts i think some team may take a chance on him and draft him. Livingston is gone, if he does not get drafted i think he hits the portal. Reeves I can see coming back. This week is going to be very interesting to see what UK does.
The portal is closed. It’s either UK or stay in the draft.

Reactions: WildcatFan60
Can Livingston enter the portal? I thought the deadline passed already.

I’m not talking about guys from Kentucky. I mean if we have to pick up anyone from other schools who drop out of the draft
I agree. The guy you responded to, was responding to Western's comment about Livingston entering.

Oscar and Livingston are not coming back. They will get late 2nd rd. guarantees. Reeves is 50/50 but he’s a graduate I believe, so he can enter the portal, if he doesn’t want to sit behind the new bosses.

I said new bosses because it appears a couple of the incoming freshmen, particularly Bradshaw, are deciding who will and who won’t be on the team. Cal is a hostage once again! But at $8-9 large per yr., I have a suspicion that he doesn’t GAF😂

Reactions: UKNothinButNet
I believe Cal thinks Oscar and Reeves will be back. He hedged on Oscar by recruiting HD. I don't think he knows anything. Hell, I don't think the players themselves know.

If Nelson comes back, I would expect Calipari to be in on him. Other than that, there are no eye opening players in the portal. He can get bodies at any time.

Oscar and Livingston are not coming back. They will get late 2nd rd. guarantees. Reeves is 50/50 but he’s a graduate I believe, so he can enter the portal, if he doesn’t want to sit behind the new bosses.

I said new bosses because it appears a couple of the incoming freshmen, particularly Bradshaw, are deciding who will and who won’t be on the team. Cal is a hostage once again! But at $8-9 large per yr., I have a suspicion that he doesn’t GAF😂
Not

You
How in the hell do you know what that man is doing? There's plenty of time left to add the few players we need. The hate Cal cult is a trip.
Terry he’s seriously gone after two guys in the portal missed both, has had constant injury problems for numerous years and shooting problems and does nothing about it, but yet he fools people like you into giving him a pass and saying cal will figure out. He lost that privilege now, 7 scholarship players on a roster in damn near June is pathetic and is proof cal is washed. He watched as numerous good players entered the portal didn’t go after one of them and instead is letting freshman dictate his lineup before the damn season even starts when in reality only 2 of those freshman should be starting. Kentucky basketball is a circus and clownshow right now and our coach is the main reason why

People are going to vastly overate this second grad transfer wave, it will be like 2 maybe 3 players and we all know what will happen and why Kentucky won’t get them

Reactions: westerncat
Terry he’s seriously gone after two guys in the portal missed both, has had constant injury problems for numerous years and shooting problems and does nothing about it, but yet he fools people like you into giving him a pass and saying cal will figure out. He lost that privilege now, 7 scholarship players on a roster in damn near June is pathetic and is proof cal is washed. He watched as numerous good players entered the portal didn’t go after one of them and instead is letting freshman dictate his lineup before the damn season even starts when in reality only 2 of those freshman should be starting. Kentucky basketball is a circus and clownshow right now and our coach is the main reason why
Don't worry bout it. Cal has it covered.

Don't worry bout it. Cal has it covered.
3 weeks I would have agreed in that we are all overreacting and being funny, I no longer believe cal will fill out the roster or do what’s needs to be done. He will get reeevs back and maybe maybe one foward and that’s it

Reactions: westerncat
Typical exaggeration from a cal hater. We haven't even seen the freshmen play yet. How in the world do you know only 2 of them should be starting? There are reports indicating that UK has reached out to a number of players in the portal. The reason they haven't signed any , in my opinion, is not because the freshmen are dictating anything. The fact that Oscar and Livingston have not closed the door on returning has hurt efforts to sign transfer players. Despite all of this doom-and gloom nonsense, Cal will end up signing a few transfers. There is no reason to panic.

Reactions: kl40504
NIL at work. Did not worry guys. NIL is good for KY. No, really. I read it right here. Just pony up another half mill for Oscar. 1/4 mill each for Livingston and Reeves and we can git’er done.

Wait, y’all didn’t blow this money on new PlayStations right?

Recruiting and player decisions no longer work how they used to. This is semipro now. Live it. Forget Cal and recruiting. It’s about MONEY!!!

If he knew that he wouldn’t have gone after dicksinson like they did and he wouldn’t have flown out to LA to watch Livingston do a draft workout and talk to klutch. He grasping for air at this point
I agree, I think he knows we are in trouble if these guys don’t come back. But, I’m afraid Cal has burned some bridges with the players and he is feeling the heat.

Typical exaggeration from a cal hater. We haven't even seen the freshmen play yet. How in the world do you know only 2 of them should be starting? There are reports indicating that UK has reached out to a number of players in the portal. The reason they haven't signed any , in my opinion, is not because the freshmen are dictating anything. The fact that Oscar and Livingston have not closed the door on returning has hurt efforts to sign transfer players. Despite all of this doom-and gloom nonsense, Cal will end up signing a few transfers. There is no reason to panic.
Do you think Aaron bradshaw is good enough to where cal can recruit other positions in the front court because he promised bradshaw the 4 spot. The answer is no, bradshaw is not good enough for guarentees and in a ideal world cal could recruit more 4s and make bradshaw compete. Kentucky reaching is telling these guys hey we might have a opening but your gonna have to wait, some strategy there man. They have gone after two guys and gotten beat

Reactions: cornbreadnmilk
I don't think Oscar has even made up his mind yet.
Going purely off his interviews I think Oscar is 60/40 going pro. Honestly I don’t what more he can accomplish in college besides getting money, I want him back and Kentucky needs him back but I don’t blame him for leaving if he does. The problem is Livingston and reeves should have been back 3 weeks ago and they are carrying out this process

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT