ADVERTISEMENT

JULY LIVE PERIOD '22 6-10th and 20-24th

Cal, Chin, KT Turner, and a man who looked the size of Orlando Antigua are/were posted up in the corner near baseline facing camera on Livestream of Team Final's game right now for Justin Edwards.

Not sure if Antigua is back from Spain or not?

Had to step away for a bit, here's the latest I've got from EYBL:

Justin Edwards had 20 pts 7 rebs, 2 assists in a blowout win against Meanstreets. 5-8 FG, 1-1 3pt 9-11 FT

Ahmad Nowell who is getting evaluated by Kentucky and is '24 guard on Team Final had 19 pts 2 rebs 1 assist on 6-11 1-1 3pt and 6-8 FT.

Kentucky was there with Cal/Chin/KT Turner

Cal and KT Turner then went to watch Tre Johnson take on Mookie Cook and Tre Johnson's team won by 2 pts.

Tre had 17 pts 2 rebs 1 assist on 7-18 FG, 2-7 3pt and 1-2 FT. They are without David Castillo who is on 17U team in Spain.

Mookie Cook had 5 pts, 7 rebs 1 assist 1 block on 2-11 FG, 0-1 3pt 1-2 FT.

Had to step away for a bit, here's the latest I've got from EYBL:

Justin Edwards had 20 pts 7 rebs, 2 assists in a blowout win against Meanstreets. 5-8 FG, 1-1 3pt 9-11 FT

Ahmad Nowell who is getting evaluated by Kentucky and is '24 guard on Team Final had 19 pts 2 rebs 1 assist on 6-11 1-1 3pt and 6-8 FT.

Kentucky was there with Cal/Chin/KT Turner
Nowell goes to Holland's high school.

LOL---"Cloudy". In other words it's going as we've been saying all along--there's a lot of back and forth and let the talking subside, see where things line up. The talking is coming from one camp too.

Say this as a big fan of Travis Branham as well and realize he's got to sell subscriptions so I get it, but it's going as it was going to once KP got the job. Kentucky isn't going to throw in the towel and is working hard as hell.

LOL---"Cloudy". In other words it's going as we've been saying all along--there's a lot of back and forth and let the talking subside, see where things line up. The talking is coming from one camp too.

Say this as a big fan of Travis Branham as well and realize he's got to sell subscriptions so I get it, but it's going as it was going to once KP got the job. Kentucky isn't going to throw in the towel and is working hard as hell.
DJ is a MUST get for the Louisville fans to buy in to KP. He’s done nothing of real note in recruiting(the Oak Hill kid should be decent) and the portal. Nothing really setting up yet publicly with any highly rated 23 guys and possible sanctions still. He has to get DJ for the credibility nationally they expect.

Would also be huge for the morale of this fan base to win this battle and get a top 5 player and by far the biggest name in the 23 class.

Think Branham made a mistake going all in on Wagner to Louisville once grandpa was hired. It's a bold move to completely switch from all UK to all UofL as if Cal was just going to let KP have this win.

One thing these guys forget sometimes is that if they are by far the best player on their team they will be mostly doubleteamed and trapped into giving up the ball. With the talent we have coming in it should be a lot more painful for our opponents to try this. At UL even grandpa can't take away the sting of losing and being singled out by the defense every trip down the court.

Robert Dillingham had 17, 4, and 4 in a loss to Team Griffin who not only was missing David Castillo but Tre Johnson was awful from field. Tough Loss for CP3 and bad one if we're being honest. I think sometimes the team ignores Dillingham when they need to let him run things, but just my take.

Dillingham had 6-16 FG, 1-5 3pt (his 3's which have been great all EYBL are off but misses aren't bad, some rim outs), 4-5 FT.

In the win Tre Johnson had 7 pts, 4 rebs and 2 assists on 3-20 FG, 0-7 3pt, 1-1 FT

Kentucky was watching.

MoKan beat NJ Scholars with Kentucky watching in a competitive game but without DJ Wagner Scholars aren't the same team obviously.

Aaron Bradshaw had 12 pts and 10 rebs and Mgbako had a tough shooting game after a good one earlier today.

Kentucky watched these players tonight that I can confirm outside of the guys we know they watched reported already above:

Isaiah Elohim
Jemari Phillips
Dylan Harper
Jason Asemota
Yves Missi
Darryn Peterson
Jalen Shelley
Klairus Amir
Tahaad Pettiford
Alier Maluk

Yves Missi of PSA Cardinals had 3 wins and these stats so far for the tournament:

13 pts 12 rebs 2 blocks and 1 assist 5-7 FG 3-6 FT

15 pts 6 rebs, 2 assists 4 blocks

18 pts 6 Rebs, 1 assist and 2 blocks--6-6 FG 6-11 FT

He's a 6'10 big man who plays HS ball in MD but is with PSA Cardinals

Isaiah Elohim had 21 pts, 5 Reb, 3 assists on 6-12 FG, 1-2 3pt, 8-8 FT

Jamari Jiggy Philliips had 31 pts 2 rebs and 3 assists on 8-21 FG, 5-11 3pt, 10-13 FT

They lost to Strive For Greatness 16U team and debut for Bryce James-who had 8 pts and 2-3 from 3pt line (Lebron's younger son)

It didn't take long into the NBA Academy Games for Thierry Darlan to break out as a clear-cut high major prospect. He's a 6-foot-6 shooting guard out of NBA Academy Africa with great size and absurd length for the position.

He's a plus athlete who can dribble, pass and shoot with feel for the game and has immense upside on the defensive end of the floor.

He's been the hottest prospect in Atlanta this weekend and while only Santa Clara was recruiting him entering the weekend, he's become a hot name amongst the high major coaches around the country.

So far, he is arguably the top prospect I have seen in two days in Atlanta.
- Travis Branham

I live near the area and this kid has potential to be an absolute MONSTER. Like Kyle said, UK has definitely been interested. Hasn't played a national schedule, obviously, considering the team he played for his Freshman year. But he carried that team all year. Would like to see him ascend and control the game more at a tougher, higher level of competition...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT