ADVERTISEMENT

JULY LIVE PERIOD '22 6-10th and 20-24th

ralphdaltonfan

All-American
Apr 3, 2002
Tomorrow starts the first of the July Live Period sessions-only 2. Believe that Nike EYBL wraps up their regular season play from 7th-10th and with several players on Team USA 17U team in Spain there will be some missed games from guys this week/weekend. Cal and Coach O are over in Spain right now recruiting the 17U team prospects and I'm not sure if both/1 will stay over there this week/into weekend or not, but figure Chin Coleman and KT Turner will be on the road tomorrow-through the weekend to see other prospects. Wanted to put this up separate from the Team USA 17U Thread so fans can go right to a thread for info.

First day of Live Period--haven't had any word where UK staff is--we know Cal/Coach O were/are in Spain and EYBL starts tomorrow-weekend. Today was Adidas Play along with some other events, but no mention of KT Turner or Chin Coleman being anywhere (doesn't mean they aren't there) yet. Here's Indiana Elite with Travis Perry and Flory Bidunga.

First day of Live Period--haven't had any word where UK staff is--we know Cal/Coach O were/are in Spain and EYBL starts tomorrow-weekend. Today was Adidas Play along with some other events, but no mention of KT Turner or Chin Coleman being anywhere (doesn't mean they aren't there) yet. Here's Indiana Elite with Travis Perry and Flory Bidunga.

Perry plays on the adidas circuit doesn’t he?

Yes. So does Reed Sheppard. Perry is with Indiana Elite with top 5 big man Flory Bidunga and assumed he'd have someone there to watch him. The Nike EYBL is in Kansas City this week/weekend and Adidas 3SSB is in Rock Hill, SC, and UA event is Atlanta I believe. Izzo/Michigan State went 3 deep for Xavier Booker's team on the NY2LA Circuit and Booker didn't even suit up tonight.

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
See that Kylan Boswell reclassified and will be on Arizona's 2023 team instead of heading up their '23 class. Wonder if this impacts Mookie Cook at all with that being his teammate at Compass Prep?

See that Kylan Boswell reclassified and will be on Arizona's 2023 team instead of heading up their '23 class. Wonder if this impacts Mookie Cook at all with that being his teammate at Compass Prep?
Cook would be interesting to add to this years somebody that talented you can’t say no but g-league seems to be the thought for a lot of people and the Boswell kid it will be interesting to see how quickly he adapts he is really young

That's a big get for Arizona. They went from losing their three best players and not really adding anyone to getting a borderline 5-star and Courtney Ramey from Texas. They also got the transfer from Campbell. Kriisa, Ramey, and Boswell is a great 3-man backcourt.

Does Perry have any hops?

Hey Ralph any idea who Mookie will play with this weekend? His interview with Tipton made it sound like he’d play at the EYBL event this weekend but I could be mistaken.

That's a big get for Arizona. They went from losing their three best players and not really adding anyone to getting a borderline 5-star and Courtney Ramey from Texas. They also got the transfer from Campbell. Kriisa, Ramey, and Boswell is a great 3-man backcourt.
Somewhat a big get. I’d be excited but skeptical if I was an AZ fan. Guards tend to have a harder time reclassifying and I think he needed another HS year

Hey Ralph any idea who Mookie will play with this weekend? His interview with Tipton made it sound like he’d play at the EYBL event this weekend but I could be mistaken.
Not sure. It'll be interesting to see who he does play for. With so many guys switching teams (we'll see that when box scores/info comes out this weekend) and so many not in Kansas City due to being with Team USA, will be interesting to see where guys end up. Will JJ Taylor show up on a new team??

For anyone trying to track Ugonna Kingsley(good luck with that), I found he’s playing at the NBA Academy Games this weekend. I had no idea what that was but supposedly it’s an event for top prospects from outside the US taking place in Atlanta.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
For anyone trying to track Ugonna Kingsley(good luck with that), I found he’s playing at the NBA Academy Games this weekend. I had no idea what that was but supposedly it’s an event for top prospects from outside the US taking place in Atlanta.
Interesting. John Calipari is in Atlanta right now. Appreciate the info via John19 who shared that is where Cal is. Also believe Xavier Booker is playing there this week/weekend with NY2LA Circuit.

Reactions: FitchandMurray29
Man alive these kids have no life - just constant AAU games. It’s fine for the top 50 or whatever that might have a chance at the pros but can you imagine being one of the other 2,000 kids or whatever it is that have to constantly play in these? Good lord

Man alive these kids have no life - just constant AAU games. It’s fine for the top 50 or whatever that might have a chance at the pros but can you imagine being one of the other 2,000 kids or whatever it is that have to constantly play in these? Good lord
Nobody is forcing them to do this. For example, our program at school I coach has guys who want to be recruited/play beyond HS and they play on different AAU teams and go to events and far more aggressive. Then we have a 12 Tournament Schedule for kids who can pick how many of the 12 they'd like to play in that is all local and they can sleep in their own bed/not travel and whatever they want to play they can if they choose and it's paid for, so parents only have to pay for gas of driving locally and $5 at door. It's up to the families/kids to decide how they approach this.

We also advise our players never tryout for a team that will have a 10+ man roster. The format isn't going to get you enough playing time if they are rotating players in shifts. You only need 8 the most for AAU and to get most out of the experience.

And for most, this starts in grade school.

My wife laid down the law early on that my son wouldn’t be doing that in grade school. He isn’t going to college on a basketball scholarship anyway, so I think she is right on this one. Let the kids be kids in the summer. A one week local camp is about all we will do in the summer time at least until middle school (next year).

• Love
Reactions: Ron Mehico
EYBL kicks off today in Kansas City at 12:30 pm CST and Robert Dillingham and CP3 play Vegas Elite. (believe Cody Williams a 6'8 wing who plays some PG for them is on Vegas Elite and is also getting evaluated by UK) CP3 also has GG Jackson back so I'd not be surprised to see them have a big showing heading into Peach Jam which begins next weekend.

Tonight at 5pm CST---Aaron Bradshaw vs Justin Edwards. Won't be surprised to see Cal make his way to Kansas City for that one.

Reactions: Smashcat
EYBL kicks off today in Kansas City at 12:30 pm CST and Robert Dillingham and CP3 play Vegas Elite. (believe Cody Williams a 6'8 wing who plays some PG for them is on Vegas Elite and is also getting evaluated by UK) CP3 also has GG Jackson back so I'd not be surprised to see them have a big showing heading into Peach Jam which begins next weekend.

Tonight at 5pm CST---Aaron Bradshaw vs Justin Edwards. Won't be surprised to see Cal make his way to Kansas City for that one.
The games will be streamed free of charge.

I played basketball every chance I got at that age and loved it, but I know not everyone feels that way.

Cal and Chin both watching Ugonna seems noteworthy just like Slater sliding the /22 in the tweet when mentioning prior that he wasn’t reclassing(when everyone else was talking about it).

Cal and Chin both watching Ugonna seems noteworthy just like Slater sliding the /22 in the tweet when mentioning prior that he wasn’t reclassing(when everyone else was talking about it).
Slater is from NYC and he's friendly with a lot of people-which is why he gets great info. So sometimes he's not doing things to contradict what is reported as much as he's trying to help the player's camp for reasons that they want private. Hell Slater himself reported that Kansas was recruiting Kingsley in April as a '22 recruit. So he knows what's going on with him.

Reactions: RunninRichie
Not sure. It'll be interesting to see who he does play for. With so many guys switching teams (we'll see that when box scores/info comes out this weekend) and so many not in Kansas City due to being with Team USA, will be interesting to see where guys end up. Will JJ Taylor show up on a new team??
Think it’s going to be Oakland Soldiers for Mookie. Saw an IG story of his with guys from that team.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Redshirting and being old enough for next year’s NBA draft. I’m sure this fan base will deal with that well…
Yes, but big difference is he's got a lot to work on and isn't a Lottery Pick who was viewed as the best NBA Prospect in Peach Jam....that's the biggest thing. How many guys are capable of being Top 10 Picks who sit? This would be legit and it's more proactive in terms of protecting against Bradshaw using G-League as leverage too.

KT Turner is baseline and sitting near Sean May of UNC.

Robert Dillingham with 11 pts, 3 rebs, and 2 assists-they have him credited with 1 but saw him throw an alley oop for a dunk for 2nd Assist. Halftime up 8 on Vegas Elite who has a great looking shooter named Sterling Knox.

No Cody Williams for Vegas Elite so either he switched teams or he's on different Circuit this session.

Mookie Cook off to a strong start with Oakland Soldiers.

Cook had 7 pts on 3-4 shooting, 2 rebs, and 4 assists early as they were up big at Half.

Apparently none of the UK guys at the Xavier Booker game today at least.
Interesting. Maybe they've moved on? Don't want to say anything without knowing because Chin Coleman could easily get there if needed.

I'd assume they will make their way to EYBL though. Never know as Kingsley could be getting top priority today.

Also will say that so far it appears Antigua is staying in Spain so that tells you how valuable they think watching the 17U team is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT