ADVERTISEMENT

JQ update

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Per Pilgrim

Sources tell KSR that 5-star signee Jayden Quaintance would like to STAY at Kentucky and is not currently planning to follow John Calipari to Arkansas.

Quaintance and his family would like to speak with Mitch Barnhart regarding his vision for the coaching search and the incoming freshman's path under the new administration. The first priority is Kentucky before worrying about other potential.

Do not currently envision the top-five prospect to end up in Fayetteville.

Please baby Jebus make this happen.

tenor.gif

Kentucky is bigger than Calipari and people will see that if they didn’t know it already. The following is too big, Arkansas is too small for some of these guys.

Calipari did this because he was going to be fired next season. He swindled Arkansas and will get another 30 million out of it before retirement. Somehow the guy is able to con people even when they know they’re being taken. I honestly think Arkansas had no choice they had to get recruits in there. Their brass knows he’s not going to win more than likely, but f it, is the mindset. Give him 5 and at least we’ll get some recruits.

But a lot of these players are not going to want to play for Arkansas when they were headed to the biggest stage. Everyone that dismisses a programs importance will get a new reality. coaches AND PROGRAMS matter. It takes both.

If Perry and JQ stay at UK, combined with Drew/Oats 3rd/4th ranked recruiting classes and transfers they’d bring, that would have to be a huge blow to Cal, he would lose his swaggy Cal aura before he even moves into his office in Fayetteville.

If Reed came back to UK combined with the above scenario we’d be national title favorites day one.

I seen it as a good sign when Boogie said UK fans had the right to be pissed after the Oakland loss.
The smart move would be to come to UK and stay away from playing with DJ.
Fland will be the player schools will try to flip the hardest.
I'd say Cal will have his work cut out to land him in Fayetteville.
Knox I'd say would be a toss up.
He has already stated he has to know what the roster is going to look like.
Bottom line Cal is not keeping this class and Arkansas' good players( Battle,Marks, Davis, Brazille all together.

Wasn’t that part of the deal to go to Arkansas that he could take his recruiting class with him? If that’s true looks like that’s starting to crumble a little
I read that the same way as you yesterday, but I think it was Calipari that wanted assurances Arkansas would let him bring all of his freshmen based of what I've read today.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Anybody know what other schools were on JQ's final list? Curious if any of the potential Cal replacements might already have a relationship with him.

JQ, Fland and Perry staying and Big Z and Shep back would be great. Maybe Theiro comes back now. Also like Richmond. McNeely for good measure.

You have to know that every Kentucky game being on TV has always been part of the recruiting pull.

Did anyone catch Sean Farnham on sports center last night? He said every coach in America would at least listen if they got the call from UK. Said Kentucky is the biggest brand in the sport.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT