ADVERTISEMENT

Johnell Davis twitter buzz

Our offense was pretty damn modern last year.

Don’t like going against Cal on this one

And the guy who was responsible for that isn’t on cals staff anymore
And chose to go to FREAKIN Fresno St!!!!! Cal is HARD to work for if you have ANY actual knowledge of the game!! He only wants YES MEN as his assistants.

I know there is already a thread on him but thought I’d post this here.

Per Trilly

“So the Johnell Davis interest is real. Was told Houston is not involved, just getting used to drive up price.”

Also said it’s down to UK and Arkansas for him

Pope should dig deep into the pockets for him.
You’re making the moderators work extra with all the threads you start. Seems inconsiderate to me but who knows.

I’m sure he can continue the same offense.

Just feel Cal has something up his sleeve with how little roster movement they’ve had. This has Cal moving in silence written all over it. Hopefully not
Cal ain’t gonna run a offense like that, he is to stubborn to change completely

Reactions: catben

Just feel Cal has something up his sleeve with how little roster movement they’ve had. This has Cal moving in silence written all over it. Hopefully not

Ya, he was posting up Tre Mitchell in our tournament game while starting Edwards and DJ as we lost to Oakland. I’m sure he’ll keep up his modern coaching in Arkansas 🙄

So we can’t possibly get him since Jones guaranteed double what we offer.
Thought Cal would play all freshmen again. Guess not. Dirty dog.
Doesn't matter if it's money he wants and that's it go to Hogtown. The coach there isn't gonna take him anywhere.

There's no way Davis goes there is Wagner and Fland follow Cal to piggy land.
The wording of DJ announcing he was transferring makes me think he’s not a lock to go to Arkansas .

He said his options are completely open which was a strange way of wording it if he was a lock to follow Cal .

Most recruits you would think would want to see what it is like playing at a place like Kentucky with the best fans. Why in the world would a guy like this, with only one year left, not want to experience what it is like playing here?

Reactions: TM2013
Ya, he was posting up Tre Mitchell in our tournament game while starting Edwards and DJ as we lost to Oakland. I’m sure he’ll keep up his modern coaching in Arkansas 🙄
I guess we will see. Just would rather not go head to head against him here.

Got news for you man, these guys are all mercenaries and playing for the money.
No choice but to go that route this year and I’m sure Mark knows it
He’s got to field a team now
After he has a roster for this year he can start working on and building future teams
This year though..gotta do what we gotta do

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
I live in Houston we have suburbs bigger than lexington and louisville. that said no one actually goes to or follows UH sports. but everyone says they support it. so its possible they could get any NIL money they would need.
Houston itself is one extremely large suburb. But yes, it sprawls a way larger geographical area than Lexington or Louisville and has many more people. It’s probably the least appealing city in the country to me but I’m glad you enjoy it.

Reactions: THE_HOOK
I would throw money Davis’s way but would not break the bank. Still need 6-8 more and theirs plenty of players in and going to enter the portal.

The same Cal who moved in silence for Cade Cunningham, Jalen Green, Paolo Banchero and a bunch of other guys he whiffed on?

His coaches are abandoning him. Welch left for a crappier position because he doesn't want to be around Cal anymore. Antigua rejected following Cal to Arkansas. Jai Lucas obviously already abandoned him a few seasons ago.

And no, Cal won't be able to implement that offense without Sheppard, Dillingham, and Reeves. He'll go back to downhill driving lane basketball.

You're giving Cal way too much credit here.

Last edited:
Majority of which doesn’t care about University of Houston basketball.
I have a friend who works in Houston. She says a big percentage of people are transplants for jobs. And it's true the majority of those don't care about collwge basketball.

Also FWIW that 13 year old FAU insider, Trilly actually vouched for him in the discord. This kid has media passes and everything to the games. Looks like he was right
He is credentialed, and goes to a lot of the press conferences. I don’t think he has any inside information. He was way behind those who knew when and where Dusty was headed.

Michigan wouldn’t admit him academically.
Yeah, but what Reddit is saying is that UM is apparently unreasonably picky about courses transferring. They probably didn’t accept a good chunk of his previous school, which sucks for the kid.

Apparently, UVA is the same way.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT