ADVERTISEMENT

Johnell Davis twitter buzz

You know what else Houston can't offer? The amount of eyeballs/scouts/exposure that will be on the game vs Duke, and the game of the year when Cal comes to Lex.

Not to mention any other number of the absolute highest profile games.

Interesting. Everything I have read says UCONN and Duke are the top teams next year
I could of sworn I saw ESPN way to early had Houston there.

And ummmmm Duke has less players than we do lol. But I assume that was before the mass exodus for their ranking. But it's Duke so maybe not

This guy cares about Houston basketball. Their arena is now named after him.

Reactions: Fox2monk
That is the Case if if if the Nil is substantially better. But if it's close I think it does factor in.

If you're a vet transfer with 1 yesr left are you taking 500k Nil to play for a totally newly assembled team under a new coach or taking 400k to play for a top ranked team(not saying thats the numbers just a hypothetical), one of best thought of coaches, and a serious title shot. Not saying we won't get him but it will take a big money bag that dwarfs Houstons offer IMO..
I’m not sure championship potential is as important to most portal players as is $$ and NBA exposure

Reactions: jace2012
This. Most native houstonians are either UT or AM fans first and foremost. Houston also has a huge transplant population that doesn’t care about Texas college athletics
This is the truth. The University of Houston is a lot like University 6 in that it is predominantly a commuter school in an urban setting. Most of the Oil/Energy execs are aligned with A&M as College Station is only a little more than an hour away. Trust me, you don't want to be near UH at night.

Secondly, Houston is a pro town. Most people who live there forget that UH even exists. I lived there for 3 years and a phrase I never heard was "I went to the UH Game this weekend." Astros, Rockets, Texans, Aggies and Longhorns rule that City.

No way UH can outbid UK.

I don’t think there’s a better player in the portal to build around. Johnell Davis is a killer when he gets in that mode. Some nice bigs like Williams and Osobor, then 4 or 5 knockdown shooters who will give you high effort on defense to rotate in around that big 3 and it’s a top 10, if not Top 5 team.

Houston would just need one of its many multi-millionaire business owners to out spend UK. There is just far great NIL potential in a city/state like Houston, TX. Now, they still have to find it.. but I'm sure they could.

FedEx in Memphis basically just did this very thing.

Kentucky basketball will be just fine. No, I'm not worried about Houston now that we've got a relevant coach. Our NIL money will easily be top 1-2-3 every season moving forward, but by all means freak out if it makes you feel better.

So, you don't believe the reports that UK has the MOST NIL money in all of college basketball now????

The University of Houston is in NO WAY even close to what UK can offer. It will come down to what the kid believes is the best situation for him. If it's just money, UK will win.

Where was this said? And no I don't lol. Are we believing reports that Memphis/FedEx are offering 25mil? Are we even close to that amount? Are we even half?

There are just so many richer alumni bases and more lucrative cities and states, that if these schools WANTED to, they could put UK outside of the top25. And yes, Houston is one of them. With a snap of a finger any number of Houston based companies could outspend UK right now. If they wanted to.

Kentucky basketball will be just fine. No, I'm not worried about Houston now that we've got a relevant coach. Our NIL money will easily be top 1-2-3 every season moving forward, but by all means freak out if it makes you feel better.

What in my post was freaking out? I'm just informing you on basic financials. It's just silly to think that there aren't places out there that couldn't match UKs NIL if they wanted to.

Be glad that no one seems to care about their college basketball team the way we do.

Last edited:
Reactions: badukfan
Let him cook

Where was this said? And no I don't lol. Are we believing reports that Memphis/FedEx are offering 25mil? Are we even close to that amount? Are we even half?

There are just so many richer alumni bases and more lucrative cities and states, that if these schools WANTED to, they could put UK outside of the top25. And yes, Houston is one of them. With a snap of a finger any number of Houston based companies could outspend UK right now. If they wanted to.
Fedex Memphis deal is $25 million over 5 years to include football, mens and women’s basketball and other women’s sports.

What in my post was freaking out? I'm just informing you on basic financials. It's just silly to think that there aren't places out there that couldn't match UKs NIL if they wanted to.

Be glad that no one seems to care about their college basketball team the way we do.

No, I don't think Houston's college basketball team will be leading the country in NIL money.

Fedex Memphis deal is $25 million over 5 years to include football, mens and women’s basketball and other women’s sports.

And I bet most of it goes to the football team.

This. Most native houstonians are either UT or AM fans first and foremost. Houston also has a huge transplant population that doesn’t care about Texas college athletics
Not true for hoops. It is true that people are pretty fair weather, but the weather’s been pretty good for Coogs basketball last few years. That being said uzan from ou committed and they still haven’t found room on the roster. Sampson is not one to get in bidding wars, so UK shouldn’t worry too much about a bidding war. I would think if it’s truly down to UH v UK he would prob end up in lex.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT