ADVERTISEMENT

John Calipari workout regimen (smile)

2 years ago, I dropped to 190 with a rigorous diet but as time went, I got more and more lenient before I was just back to pizza and sugar. Gotta get back to that tho. I’m 6’5 so 190-210 is where I want/need to be. Carrying an extra 40 lbs is rough.

i was benching this morning and felt my left shoulder start to hurt and shut it down. Feels fine now, didn’t want to push it

The front of the shoulder?

For me diet is the only way to really lose weight and get leaner. When I work out, which I do semi-regularly, I tend to gain weight as I put on muscle. So I try to keep away from carbs but I don't get too strict with it. My wife does the low carb thing most of the time and only loses a little here and there but I usually drop 10 -15 lbs pretty quickly when I do. It pisses her off. I'm 6' 3", 235 lbs and 60 years old. I have a very large frame so at 235 I'm only 10-15 lbs over my ideal weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: drew_ukfan
For me diet is the only way to really lose weight and get leaner. When I work out, which I do semi-regularly, I tend to gain weight as I put on muscle. So I try to keep away from carbs but I don't get too strict with it. My wife does the low carb thing most of the time and only looses a little here and there but I usually drop 10 -15 lbs pretty quickly when I do. It pisses her off. I'm 6' 3", 235 lbs and 60 years old. I have a very large frame so at 235 I'm only 10-15 lbs over my ideal weight.
Same way here. 6’5, 245 right now but I’m not like many tall people and are gangly. I’m naturally barrel chested.

decided to start today, limit carbs. Meat/veggies mostly. I can lose fat pretty quickly when motivated

Reactions: Ky_Bred_Cat
I think the best thing would be if you just try to look more carefully at all the information you can get on the Internet. But if it's important for you to know everything in as much detail as possible, then it's better to find a trainer.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I totally feel you on the snacking and it can be tough to stick to a workout routine and eat healthy when there are so many temptations around us. I wanted to chime in and mention that I recently got my Fitness Instructor Diploma and have been learning a lot about how to create effective workout plans and nutrition strategies.

I've found for me intermittent fasting (so nothing but water for 16 hours, leaving only an 8 hour window each day I can eat), and keeping my calories under 1500 with some mild exercise has worked and is sustainable at my age (50's).

I'm 5'9 180 and my weight has fluctuated only 10 lbs or so in either direction for the last 30 years. I eat whatever I want, but not too much of it. Portion control is key. Train your stomach and you won't miss the extra calories.

probably my biggest peeve in life is when someone bags on another persons physical appearance. It makes my hair stand up. How small of a person do you have to be to do that? We have so many douche bag posters that do it on this board and I would be willing to bet they are in crap physical condition themselves. If you need to come on a message board and hide behind a screen name to make fun of Cal for being fat, Coach K for being whatever, and Bill self for having fake hair then you are a Piece of shit. you're not cute or funny, your soul is just dog shit.

Being in shape is a lifestyle. IMO diets don't work as they are mostly temporary. Dieting is essential in getting weight down but once you get a healthy weight you must be willing to live a new life, a different life. You have to find a way to get from "I'm on a diet" to "this is who I am now". It's hard man. If it wasn't then we would all look like a million bucks.

Once you get to the point where exercise is the anchor to your day then you've got that part licked. It has to be non-negotiable. You do not miss your workout for the same reason that you would not skip brushing your teeth. That's the mindset.

I respect gym culture and anyone who is working to prolong their life. I respect the grind. Hats off to anyone who makes the effort

• Love
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I did a Juice cleanse/refresh last week. 3 days and you only take in like 800 calories each day and about 600 of those are literally just from shakes. But it's a quick way to drop like 5 to 10lbs. Reduces bloat, cleans out your system.
I’ve been interested in trying this. Any website you used as a guide?

I’ve been interested in trying this. Any website you used as a guide?

I really like BeachBody 3-day refresh and Juice from the Raw makes one that's pre-made bottles (you can find it on Groupon).

Both had me drop a minimum of 3 pounds, but all the way to 8lbs.

Now, a lot of that weight is literally just waste coming out, because at any given time you have several pounds of food in your system from the last few days. But still, that's 3 days where you're only consuming like 800 to 1000 calories a day, so you're definitely going to lose pounds simply for the calorie deficit.

2 years ago, I dropped to 190 with a rigorous diet but as time went, I got more and more lenient before I was just back to pizza and sugar. Gotta get back to that tho. I’m 6’5 so 190-210 is where I want/need to be. Carrying an extra 40 lbs is rough.

i was benching this morning and felt my left shoulder start to hurt and shut it down. Feels fine now, didn’t want to push it
Cut the sugar....you will lose weight and feel much better.

I did a Juice cleanse/refresh last week. 3 days and you only take in like 800 calories each day and about 600 of those are literally just from shakes. But it's a quick way to drop like 5 to 10lbs. Reduces bloat, cleans out your system.
What product did you use and is that all your intake was for those 3 days?

Edit: I just noticed this thread is a year old.

Last edited:
What product did you use and is that all your intake was for those 3 days?

Edit: I just noticed this thread is a year old.

Yep, thats about it. It's like 4 different powders every day, and then you eat a very small amount of vegetables 2-3 times a day. We're talking like 2-300 calories worth of vegetables, probably just for the nutrients and fiber.

The weight will eventually creep back if you go back to eating what you were before, but even then, it takes a month or two. But it's really meant to jump start into a diet/regimen. Definitely cuts out the bloat. You'll see a difference from day1 to the start of day4.

facepalm.gif

Treadmill-Cow.gif

Yep, thats about it. It's like 4 different powders every day, and then you eat a very small amount of vegetables 2-3 times a day. We're talking like 2-300 calories worth of vegetables, probably just for the nutrients and fiber.

The weight will eventually creep back if you go back to eating what you were before, but even then, it takes a month or two. But it's really meant to jump start into a diet/regimen. Definitely cuts out the bloat. You'll see a difference from day1 to the start of day4.
Yeah, your body adapts and stores food if you starve it, but I like the cleanse method.

If you are over 40 I would suggest everyone get labs done and get your testosterone checked. you can do it at walgreens even. If it's low then run, don't walk to a urologist or endocrinologist and start TRT. It's the fountain of youth or at least the closest thing we have to it. You will have more energy, require less sleep, have a higher libido, be able to build muscle, lose fat, sleep better, and pretty much everything else cool you can think of. The only thing that separates men from their younger selves is their testosterone. so go get some.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT