ADVERTISEMENT

John Calipari workout regimen (smile)

9.gif

Working out us easy . Dieting is the bitch.
I used to run four mikes a day and feel so good about myself I would come in and have a milkshake .
Those days are over . Losing weight is not so hard . Keeping it off really really takes discipline .
Only way I know to do it is weigh every morning and either diet or not depending upon the scales .

Working out us easy . Dieting is the bitch.
I used to run four mikes a day and feel so good about myself I would come in and have a milkshake .
Those days are over . Losing weight is not so hard . Keeping it off really really takes discipline .
Only way I know to do it is weigh every morning and either diet or not depending upon the scales .
2 years ago, I dropped to 190 with a rigorous diet but as time went, I got more and more lenient before I was just back to pizza and sugar. Gotta get back to that tho. I’m 6’5 so 190-210 is where I want/need to be. Carrying an extra 40 lbs is rough.

i was benching this morning and felt my left shoulder start to hurt and shut it down. Feels fine now, didn’t want to push it

2 years ago, I dropped to 190 with a rigorous diet but as time went, I got more and more lenient before I was just back to pizza and sugar. Gotta get back to that tho. I’m 6’5 so 190-210 is where I want/need to be. Carrying an extra 40 lbs is rough.

i was benching this morning and felt my left shoulder start to hurt and shut it down. Feels fine now, didn’t want to push it

That's pretty good, being 6-5 and still being in the 190 and 200 range.. I wouldn't fret too much about it, at least not from a health concern.

100% this.
When I work out, I naturally watch what I eat, drink more water, throw salmon on the smoker...one week off and I'm back to meatloaf and mashed potatoes at 9PM after 4 beers...

I am 5'10 and carry 190. It is your body frame. If I were 6'5 I could do 240

That's pretty good, being 6-5 and still being in the 190 and 200 range.. I wouldn't fret too much about it, at least not from a health concern.

I’m currently 248, I’ve gained a lot the last 2 years lol. I was working a night shift job and it screwed me all up. Trying to get back to 190-200 lol

but im currently making sloppy joes

I wonder if he knew ppl on this message board were making fun of his weight.

It does get tougher the older we get. Was 150 when I was teaching. Took time off for 18 months to drive for UPS, and dropped down to 130, 5 pounds less than I weighed in high school simply due to the physical activity of work. I ate as much as I wanted as well. Started back to teaching 6 months ago and now still eating like a horse, but up to 165. My wife is waiting for me to turn it on and lose the weight, but I don't know if I have it in me anymore. I see Cal's belly and I totally understand.

Reactions: Zissou87
I’m currently 248, I’ve gained a lot the last 2 years lol. I was working a night shift job and it screwed me all up. Trying to get back to 190-200 lol

but im currently making sloppy joes

Well, that number is a little higher. It sucks, just that small 50cal/day difference in metabolism slow down adds up.

Reactions: drew_ukfan
I did a Juice cleanse/refresh last week. 3 days and you only take in like 800 calories each day and about 600 of those are literally just from shakes. But it's a quick way to drop like 5 to 10lbs. Reduces bloat, cleans out your system.
Actually did a 3 day fast last month begrudingly at the challenge of some buddies who do it occasionally. And for someone who is addicted to carbs, especially sweets, it wasnt as bas as I though it would be till the last day. Actuall slept better too.

Noticed that as long as I didnt didnt think about eating I really didnt get that hungry. Showed that most of the bad eating is not for hunger, its out of boredom and habit. The second I sit down in front of the TV I'm like a crack addict needing something to eat so I do it solid from about 9PM till I fall asleep\ most nights.

Brother I am 5'11" (The Army never would give me 6'.) and had stayed between 205 and 210 for a bunch of years (Ye ole frame was fine. ;)), then this past Christmas season, darn this past Christmas season, I went back on the pie, cake, and desert regimen. (I "ate'em" ALL!) I mean I couldn't let them go to waste. There was so much and it was so good.

I am still suffering to the tune of hovering at 225. Geez I thought I had it licked. I wanted to get to 199 one time and then I'd be back happy at around 205. AND my darned FITBIT was recalled. (I used it to count calories and what I ate when I got down to 205. I was about to go back on that and the recall. They are supposed to be refunding my dough and I am going to buy another one but the time in between... sigh.... Go Cats!

Actually did a 3 day fast last month begrudingly at the challenge of some buddies who do it occasionally. And for someone who is addicted to carbs, especially sweets, it wasnt as bas as I though it would be till the last day. Actuall slept better too.

Noticed that as long as I didnt didnt think about eating I really didnt get that hungry. Showed that most of the bad eating is not for hunger, its out of boredom and habit. The second I sit down in front of the TV I'm like a crack addict needing something to eat so I do it solid from about 9PM till I fall asleep\ most nights.
Yeah it's really not all that bad. I've done a few different kinds. And these companies do a good job of making the products in a way that satiates you. A few times all I wanted was real food (the only real food I had was half an apple a day, and then just a cup or two of raw vegetables), and if you don't hydrate, you can come a little worn down.

I definitely found that being AT work helped with the cleanse, instead of being home with all the foods that I like. But then you're going to the bathroom a lot, so it's good to be home for that.

A three day fast will also improve your immune system. It is a good thing to do. I have done three to five day fasts (Except for water during the three day fasts and light black coffee on the five day fasts.) I did the five days a couple times just to see if I could do it. I can control what I eat but I find I will not waste food. My upbringing will not allow me to waste food, if it is there.

You can do it man. Start small and work your way up. Form new habits every week
Have already been working on it. Changing my diet. Drinking mostly water. My issue is bad knees. Can't do much walking. Used to lift and exercise a lot. The knees started becoming a problem .

Appreciate the support bud.

Reactions: BBUK and drew_ukfan
Have already been working on it. Changing my diet. Drinking mostly water. My issue is bad knees. Can't do much walking. Used to lift and exercise a lot. The knees started becoming a problem .

I obviously don’t know your issue but look up kneesovertoes guy on YouTube. Younger guy but had knee issues, teaches you how to rebuild them.

Yeah I have leg issues myself. (Surgery four times on my left knee but not replaced.) I feel you for sure. really just have to count calories and get the blood boiling somehow, at least pumping.

I obviously don’t know your issue but look up kneesovertoes guy on YouTube. Younger guy but had knee issues, teaches you how to rebuild them.
Thanks. Mine are arthritic. Will check it out. Sports in younger days, and pounding them on concrete in factories for 30 years.

I'm 6'5 and 225lb and would like to hold it there since I've been as high as 270 in the past. I work out lightly every day. No more than 30 minutes, abs, pecs, stretches, 1/2 mile treadmill.
I had a shoulder flare-up about a month ago to the point I could not raise my arm. I was thinking, I've got a torn rotator here, and all I've done was some pulldown exercises that might cause it.
I went to a sports medicine guy from Danville after waiting for a month to get in. By then it had gradually gotten better to the point it's just noticeable when I raise my arm over my head. He said, after X-rays, I had a very slight tear, that the muscles around the area had strengthened, hence the relief that I felt. No, surgery is required.
I'm just old, late 60s is my takeaway from this, and what seems like a major injury is just a function of antiquity...

A three day fast will also improve your immune system. It is a good thing to do. I have done three to five day fasts (Except for water during the three day fasts and light black coffee on the five day fasts.) I did the five days a couple times just to see if I could do it. I can control what I eat but I find I will not waste food. My upbringing will not allow me to waste food, if it is there.
I did drink coffee so probably cheated anyway

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT