ADVERTISEMENT

Change of scenery for Adou

Because it was Wagner who seemingly had an infinite leash, where as Adou was ridden maybe the hardest. To be honest if I was Wagner, I'd follow Cal everywhere for the preferential treatment he was given. But the rest of the guys, just not sure why you'd go with him.
especially guys like Big Z. he was misused and under played, while Wagner & Edwards played regardless of how they were performing.
really can't understand his decision to leave, when he could have had ample playing time and shots under Pope.

What makes you think you know more about how Cal treated him than he does? I think it's funny everyone acts like these guys are stupid for following Cal. You were present for zero practices, zero team meetings, zero conversations between Cal and Adou, and don't know the reasoning for Adou following Cal. You have zero actual idea what went on between the two of them, and yet you assume he's an idiot.
well something was going on between them when Adou was "injured" for those 5 or 6 games. didn't ccc openly question his "injury"?
so I don't think everything was all rosy between them or between ccc & Adou's dad.

Reactions: plumdog69
This. Same with Big Z. Cal totally wasted both players at UK and yet they have some sort of bizarre loyalty to him. Adou’s father had a weird, misplaced grudge with the fans even though we were the ones calling for his son to play more and play his natural position all along. The whole state of Kentucky saw what Adou was after the Kansas game. Bill Self saw it too… saw our whole team for who they were. The only one who didn’t see it was dumb shit Cal.
After the way the fans stood up for Big Z, it's a shame the way he bolted. I have ZERO regard for him at this point.

The unranked 3 star, Duquesne and Long Island recruit that's a 32% 3 point shooter? I can't believe he would follow the guy that values athleticism over everything and gave him a scholarship to Kentucky. It's a mystery.

It blows my mind that you have a coach who started looking at / talking to other jobs IN THE MIDDLE OF YOUR SEASON. Then had you completely unprepared and got himself and you embarrassed in the NCAA tournament. Like he basically quit on the whole team.

Yet all the players decided, "Yep, that's who I want to play for."

Only player I thought would really shine under Pope would have been Big Z. I was a fan of how hard Thiero played, but he wasn't a good enough shooter for Pope's offense. Good player who you take if he wanted to return, but not a real good fit in all honesty.

Cal is a ticket to the league in their eyes. Nothing more.

Last time I checked this was a KENTUCKY basketball forum.

Not some Arkansas Razorback Pig Piss Slop Hoggy Ball Sauce OshKosh B'Gosh Where IS that GD Bobby little forum for a bunch of mutants from south of my butthole called the state of North Hell, otherwise known, forever forgettably, as Arkansas.

Take this trash down to Fayetteville and maybe think about staying down there yourself to take in all the sights and smells.

Because it was Wagner who seemingly had an infinite leash, where as Adou was ridden maybe the hardest. To be honest if I was Wagner, I'd follow Cal everywhere for the preferential treatment he was given. But the rest of the guys, just not sure why you'd go with him.
I mean his backup played more than he did last year so I don't know about infinite leash, and the story did come out about Cal riding Adou the most so I can see where you're coming from. I know our defense sucked last year but I would've been fine just rolling the dice and seeing how far the 3 R's going free on offense could've gotten us. Would've at least been fun while it lasted.

Cal still has a rep for getting guys to the league, and many of them are making big bank. Sure, some guys don't make it. But the numbers don't lie. Your odds are better with Cal, then without.

Whether that continues at Ark. remains to be seen. Our three transfers just stuck with what they know ..... and are hoping a reset provides them good results. Adou in particular was not highly recruited. To be a guy with the skills he has now? Maybe he feels like Cal has brought him to the brink of the draft? We don't know.

Let's not let the bitter taste of the last few seasons cloud reality or linger. At least he saved us a truckload of money by leaving. New broom sweeps clean.

Last time I checked this was a KENTUCKY basketball forum.

Not some Arkansas Razorback Pig Piss Slop Hoggy Ball Sauce OshKosh B'Gosh Where IS that GD Bobby little forum for a bunch of mutants from south of my butthole called the state of North Hell, otherwise known, forever forgettably, as Arkansas.

Take this trash down to Fayetteville and maybe think about staying down there yourself to take in all the sights and smells.

This is Clark Griswold Christmas Vacation good

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
I’ve already forgotten whoever played on last years team. Especially anybody that went to Arkansas. I wish them no ill will note do I wish them success. Same with what’s his name, the coach. Goodbye.

Cal still has a rep for getting guys to the league, and many of them are making big bank. Sure, some guys don't make it. But the numbers don't lie. Your odds are better with Cal, then without.

Whether that continues at Ark. remains to be seen. Our three transfers just stuck with what they know ..... and are hoping a reset provides them good results. Adou in particular was not highly recruited. To be a guy with the skills he has now? Maybe he feels like Cal has brought him to the brink of the draft? We don't know.

Let's not let the bitter taste of the last few seasons cloud reality or linger. At least he saved us a truckload of money by leaving. New broom sweeps clean.
Most of us could not care less about him “getting guys to the league “ at the expense of what was best for the program. And he didn’t “save us a truckload of money “ . Mitch hit him with the breach of contract clause and he had no recourse.

Reactions: Pygmy Sasquatch
It makes absolutely no sense why Adou and Big Z would have followed Cal anywhere. Big Z was a perfect fit for Pope's offense. Unless someone (Cal ?) poisoned their minds about Kentucky or the fans.
There is one thing that makes sense. That they love cal.

Look, I wish nothing but the best for Adou and by best, I mean worst! I hope he wakes up tomorrow with pee stains on all of his undies! And all his new teammates at Arkansas call his Senor Pissy Britches and he cries himself to sleep every night!

At UK, he was a consummate pro except that one time where he shat himself on the team's bus on the way to Louisville. And for that he had the worst excuse ever: he denied pooping his pants and said that he'd been pranked -- that it was actually D.J. Wagner who took a dump in Adou's pants. He went on to bizarrely explain that the night before D.J. must have taken a dookie in Adou's pants, and then Adou put the pants on the next morning without realizing there was poo inside. But no one believed him because he didn't smell all morning or when they got on the bus, and then it came on like a wave. It almost got heated between Adou and D.J.

I'll remember his time here fondly that is, outside of all the times he pissed and pooped his britches.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT