ADVERTISEMENT

Joe Lunardi: Kentucky is "not in the same class" as Purdue or UCONN

Lunardi does this for clicks. I pay no mind to him. Kentucky has a whole season to earn a 1 seed and I think the following will get us there...

1. No stupid losses to Georgia, Vanderbilt and South Carolina.

2. Go unbeaten at Home for the rest of the season. (Including beating Gonzaga in RUPP)

3. At least split the season series with Tennessee and sweep Florida.

4. Get to the SEC Semi-finals and or Win the SEC Title.

5. Get some good road wins (@#25 Auburn, @Arkansas @Florida @#5 Tennessee)

Lunardi does this for clicks. I pay no mind to him. Kentucky has a whole season to earn a 1 seed and I think the following will get us there...

2. Go unbeaten at Home for the rest of the season. (Including beating Gonzaga in RUPP)

At South Carolina will be one of our toughest games.

I agree that we haven’t been top 2-3 so far, but “bubble of top 10” is absurd. We have clearly and easily been among the top 10.
Lunardi knows...he just wants the clicks and the UK fans uproar. Its only January...chill out. There's alot of Basketball to be played.

I agree that we haven’t been top 2-3 so far, but “bubble of top 10” is absurd. We have clearly and easily been among the top 10.
Cal's response to Lunardi:

john_calipari_belly_shot_lol.jpg

I haven't even read his exact quote or the context of it. If he's saying we are t in tier 1 based on our first 12 games, then I can agree with that. If he's talking about team talent, and potential, no.

Let's see how things look at the end of the year.

Perdue is a paper tiger that has the same problem they had last year, their guards. They got better, but they still aren't good enough to deal with guards that have both athleticism and skills.

Unfortunately UCONN is the real deal. As long as they have that gigantor in the middle they will be a tough win for anyone. He appears to be a bit injury prone, however.

He even brings up Uconn when they are healthy we literally just got 2 7footers back from injury they missed all of preseason practice. We also may get a 3rd 7ft in big Z. This is just another click bait post. He is trying to use our passion to get clicks

As of right now, it's hard to argue what he says. I think our ceiling his higher than either team. Now we just gotta keep improving. Gotta start playing better team defense and fix our rebounding issues.

I make it a point ( have for years, now) not to click on ESPN for anything.

With that as a preface, I'll assume he's talking about #1 seeds.

And I can go along with that. Provided your definition of a #2 seed as "not being in the same class" as a #1 seed. I don't really see THAT much of a difference. We will see by the end of the year if what he is saying RIGHT NOW means squat.

It usually doesn't, and is only done as click bait.

Hence, why I refuse to click on anything ESPN, and by Lunardi, for that matter.

Purdue = regular season paper tiger that plays a style from the 1980s with 1960s roster construction.

Reactions: Cats192
To be fair,

He's discussing #1 seeds. We're not a #1 seed right now. He's right. While the eye test tells us we're good, the resume tells the committee that we're a #1 seed. And as of January 5th, we aren't there. We can get there. But we've got some work to do.

I agree with this.

The uncw loss is gonna be tough to overcome for 1 seed consideration. We will have to win 15 or 16 sec regular season games to 100% get a 1 imo. 14 and 4 may or may not do it. That would be 6 losses pre sec tourney. Would depend on what other teams did in conference.

Reactions: Cats192
The fact that this troll calls himself a college basketball expert and is St Joes color commentator is hilarious! I guarantee the only ball he ever shot was pocket pool!

I agree with this.

The uncw loss is gonna be tough to overcome for 1 seed consideration. We will have to win 15 or 16 sec regular season games to 100% get a 1 imo. 14 and 4 may or may not do it. That would be 6 losses pre sec tourney. Would depend on what other teams did in conference.
It will depend on if they consider Wagoner didn't play Bradshaw hadn't practiced much and Onyenso was out as being part of the reason why

We have been on the rise lately not because we have beaten the teams ranked ahead of us, but because some of those teams ranked above us got upset.

We will have to prove him wrong. And that’s exactly what I would tell my tell my team if I were John Calipari and I would have that quote on the bulletin board with all the rest.
Seems every season we arrive at this point. We start trending upward and getting favorable attention. The next game would be the test that separates us from part of the pack. Then, when we play that game we collapse and must start back again. I think this next game will be the one which tells us a lot about this team. Is it for real or just another illusion?

The team we have right now is capable of beating the brakes off any team in college basketball when we are playing to our potential. Of course, if we aren't, we could lose to a lot of teams too. You could say that for any other team in the nation though.

Reactions: lsb34m3
If Kentucky and Purdue played today, our guards would run them to death. We would have issues with ZE, but I like our chances in that game.
Purdue would beat the brakes off usif we played today. Eddy would eat our post guys alive. Im hoping we improve over the next 2 months especially on defense. This UK team is very talented but there are several holes in our game that have to be fixed before we can beat the elite teams

Purdue would beat the brakes off usif we played today. Eddy would eat our post guys alive. Im hoping we improve over the next 2 months especially on defense. This UK team is very talented but there are several holes in our game that have to be fixed before we can beat the elite teams
What??

They may win but give me a break, we aren’t getting blown out. Hunter Dickenson dropped 20 and 20 on us without our 3 bigs and they squeaked out a win.

Purdue will choke again. Painter reminds me the most of Cal as far as game coaching. Neither are good at it. Dan Hurley and Bill Self can mop the floor with Cal.

I like this team and our players. Our weakest link is Cal unfortunately.

Reactions: TOMCATS1990

If we truly are a 1 seed, we'll earn it. If we aren't, then we won't.

CCC looks to have found the right formula of veterans that can contribute and freshman who are as advertised. The concern is the Coach as we’ve seen since 2010 tends to lose with the much more talented team especially in March. I know he had a hell of a run but only the one title and 2015 his last great squad was 8 seasons ago. Let’s wait and see how much better this team is come March but it’s fun to talk about for sure.

Reactions: RunninRichie
To be fair,

He's discussing #1 seeds. We're not a #1 seed right now. He's right. While the eye test tells us we're good, the resume tells the committee that we're a #1 seed. And as of January 5th, we aren't there. We can get there. But we've got some work to do.
Today ... I'm in no mood "to be fair". That said, I do see your point ... earned not given. I think we can get there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT