ADVERTISEMENT

Jobs in Louisville

Sep 12, 2021
Navy vet here getting out of the service and moving to Louisville from South Carolina in January. Need a 30hr/wk job paying at least $18/hr starting out, to help pay for college. Don’t care what it is, just need a decent paying job.

What are some good places to check out?

Humana pays well with good benefits. I have a friend that works for Zenith Logistics. They run Kroger distribution centers. They are starting now at $21 an hour. My friend is a supervisor (and Navy vet) there.

Reactions: awf
Navy vet here getting out of the service and moving to Louisville from South Carolina in January. Need a 30hr/wk job paying at least $18/hr starting out, to help pay for college. Don’t care what it is, just need a decent paying job.

Do you have any tech/computer experience? Sounds like you're fairly young.. why not go down the path of IT? Entry level is Heldesk, and should pay $40k. But from there, it's not all that difficult to become a SysAdmin or SysEngineer making $70 to $120k.

I've interviewed and hired dozens of helpdesk positions. I never care how much you know about computers.. just that you're willing to learn and are good with the end-users. The right attitude usually wins out over some know-it-all kid.

You will have your pick. I saw a sign on the door at Von Maur they are paying $19 an hour.
Some of the UPS and Ford's are paying mid to high 20's an hour.

Humana also has a Humana Military division and they also emphasize hiring veterans.

and they really need people. They were begging us to transfer over there last month. They require a security clearance which the OP probably already has. Main reason I didn't switch is that I get the day after Thanksgiving off as a paid holiday and the miliary division does not. I like my long weekend of football, golf, and over eating.

Reactions: UKRob 73
There is a need for a "fixer" of potentially embarrassing problems. Experience with weapons would be an asset. Salary negotiable, but employer can (and has in the past) arrange for very attractive and discrete terms.

Send Application to:

University of Louisville Athletic Department
Athletic Dept., SAC Bldg
University of Louisville
2100 S. Floyd Street
Louisville, KY 40208
Attn: Vince@GoCards.com

A man willing to bend a few rules and that knows how to handle himself can always make money. Get the word out on the street that you're back in town then head on down to the local strip club and bust a few heads to get that bouncer position, then make a few moves, push a little product, then roll your dough into your own place. You pay the right people then down the line a beach house with the ex-stripper wife and a few grandkids maybe. You tried to get out, you wanted to go straight, but the street pulled you back in. That's the way I see it. Guys like us don't live happily ever after.

A man willing to bend a few rules and that knows how to handle himself can always make money. Get the word out on the street that you're back in town then head on down to the local strip club and bust a few heads to get that bouncer position, then make a few moves, push a little product, then roll your dough into your own place. You pay the right people then down the line a beach house with the ex-stripper wife and a few grandkids maybe. You tried to get out, you wanted to go straight, but the street pulled you back in. That's the way I see it. Guys like us don't live happily ever after.

UPS has an emphasis on hiring vets. P/T positions to start that will average close to 30 hr / week. Full benefits and $20/$21 an hour or so. Could probably start the day after applying.

And - thank you for your service.

I was going to suggest this. And they help with education expenses (maybe all of it) for college.

If you have any construction skills I have a buddy that has a small improvement company.......he is dying for some help.....he does tile work and renovations....never works weekends either..........my buddy is a good guy and he pays cash and covers the taxes......

Got a DUI after a prior alcohol related incident which is why I’m booted, so that’s gone unfortunately.
Leave the booze alone.......there are lots of jobs.......just drive around and look for the help wanted signs........they are everywhere..........should have joined the AF..........

Reactions: chroix
If you have any construction skills I have a buddy that has a small improvement company.......he is dying for some help.....he does tile work and renovations....never works weekends either..........my buddy is a good guy and he pays cash and covers the taxes......
Not sure how to PM, can you PM me his info?

Get on USAJobs and see if there are some options with the VA or some other federal agency. Being a Veteran, you would get a preference over some candidates.

Get a job with the Fed.

Once you're in, it'll be the easiest job you've ever worked.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT