ADVERTISEMENT

Hurley wife wanting to stay in NorthEast

JonathanW

All-American
Jan 3, 2003
Hopefully Mitch has pointed out the following:
- Storrs to West Orange NJ is a 3hr drive, so I doubt they are making that drive often, when it's probably just a 45-60 min flight to Newark.
- Lexington to Newark is only 2 hours, so just an hour (1 hr) longer flight. And they would have the money she could do that every week if she wanted and not even feel it (in wallet). So essentially it would be easier to spend MORE time in NJ if accept the UK job
- There is a reason why the NorthEast is moving to the mid-South (KY, VA, NC, TN) in droves, quality of life is great, weather is much better, and cost of living is much less.

- Storrs to West Orange NJ is a 3hr drive, so I doubt they are making that drive often, when it's probably just a 45-60 min flight to Newark.
- Lexington to Newark is only 2 hours, so just an hour (1 hr) longer flight. And they would have the money she could do that every week if she wanted and not even feel it (in wallet). So essentially it would be easier to spend MORE time in NJ if accept the UK job
- There is a reason why the NorthEast is moving to the mid-South (KY, VA, NC, TN) in droves, quality of life is great, weather is much better, and cost of living is much less.
Meh, people that make millions aren't concerned as much with weather, cost of living etc. They all have winter homes elsewhere in warmer climates, and they probaly fly private. It's probably a comibination of family, friends, schools and of course, people that aren't familiar with Kentucky think it's all full of racist rednecks with teeth missing.

When you're married to a high profile coach.. it's really not a big deal to move an hour flight away from your home. It's not like Hurley is taking a job in Thailand, or even the Westcoast. It's the eastern "midwest", if you will.

And the money that Hurley and his wife has, will go a heck of a lot further in KY than it will in NJ/NY/CT.

I wish so too. It should’ve been Hurley or Donovan’s wife on those planes yesterday. How dare Mitch do something good for this university. Unfortunately I’m confident our coach will be named today.

Meh, people that make millions aren't concerned as much with weather, cost of living etc. They all have winter homes elsewhere in warmer climates, and they probaly fly private. It's probably a comibination of family, friends, schools and of course, people that aren't familiar with Kentucky think it's all full of racist rednecks with teeth missing.
"racist rednecks with teeth missing" ... nawh, that would be Arkansas

Last edited:
Not when you have school aged kids, and his "winter job" will keep him where ever that school is.

You are right though about the ignorant stereotype that many from the NE have about KY (& similar states)

Mitch to Danny: "We will give you $100K for you and your wife to fly to Lexington, spend the day, and fly you back."

Pssst

Let me tell you a little secret

Wives of coaches, football and basketball, really don't make the job calls. The alpha males they married and who provide them lavish lifestyles decide the best moves for their personal careers. All the talk everywhere with every coach about making wives & kids happy is bullspit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT