ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy Butler

Butler is a douche

And he is probably way more respected by fellow players than both Towns and Wiggins combined.

Butler was a relative nobody when he entered the NBA and has prospered at the highest levels and is well know for being one fo the hardest working two-way players in the NBA.

It's early in Town's career, but when he had his chance to shine on his own last year when Butler went down, the T-Wolves crumbled. Last year showed how soft Towns can be. Both AD and Towns always claim they are the best NBA player. Only AD proves it every single game with his offense and defense. I mean, at this moment, Town's defense is a shade above Kanter's in the post.

And don't get me started on how terrible of an investment Wiggins has been for the T-Wolves. He's softer than soft.

Butler took third stringers and beat both Wiggins and Towns in practice yesterday to prove his point. Give me the a-hole dog on my team all day and twice on Sunday.

Minnesota has a trade in place with Miami and nixed it. Minnesota does not want to trade Butler.

Living in burbs of the Twin Cities,I get to listen to this on all sides national and local.... Butler is upset mainly (from what I understand) that the franchise thought more of signing KAT to the max than working with him (Butler) during the offseason on his issues. He wants a max contract and to be "the guy" for an organization dictating who he wants and when he wants it. Personally, I like the attitude on the court but from what I understand he takes it off the court as well and has been known to be a homewrecker kinda guy...….. not someone to build a franchise around and smile for the kids/money men, etc.

And he is probably way more respected by fellow players than both Towns and Wiggins combined.

Butler was a relative nobody when he entered the NBA and has prospered at the highest levels and is well know for being one fo the hardest working two-way players in the NBA.

It's early in Town's career, but when he had his chance to shine on his own last year when Butler went down, the T-Wolves crumbled. Last year showed how soft Towns can be. Both AD and Towns always claim they are the best NBA player. Only AD proves it every single game with his offense and defense. I mean, at this moment, Town's defense is a shade above Kanter's in the post.

And don't get me started on how terrible of an investment Wiggins has been for the T-Wolves. He's softer than soft.

Butler took third stringers and beat both Wiggins and Towns in practice yesterday to prove his point. Give me the a-hole dog on my team all day and twice on Sunday.

Minnesota has a trade in place with Miami and nixed it. Minnesota does not want to trade Butler.
Still a douche

Reactions: Deli owl
Yeah and Terrell Owens and Chad Ochocinco were great "competitors." Butler hasnt won anything, his ego/attitude blew up the Bulls franchise and now he's trying to do the same to the Wolves. No one is offering much trade wise bc he's a headcase and a bad locker room guy.

Reactions: Nubb16
How they'd deal with a team cancer who has nothing to lose when you have everything to lose? Neither played for an organization so bad that they would put them in that situation.

The Knicks with Patrick Ewing the first few years were pretty damn bad. Growing up and watching the NBA during that period is a 180 to how the game is played now and players act. If this is truly KAT's team, he needs to show it, with a team cancer or not.

Sorry to say this about your hero, but Jimmy Butler is a piece of trash, hes a team cancer, and a phony. The A hole dog couldn't even get his Bulls out of the first round when Rondo had them up 2-0 before getting hurt.

Thibs doesn't want to trade Butler, everyone concerned with the well being of the franchise wants that piece of trash gone just like the Bulls wanted that piece of trash gone.

Reactions: Deli owl and TM2013
Can yall imagine the media outrage if Boogie did 1/10th of the things Butler did? Crazy part is the media is making him out to besome hero and dumb people are buying it.

Reactions: TM2013
The Knicks with Patrick Ewing the first few years were pretty damn bad. Growing up and watching the NBA during that period is a 180 to how the game is played now and players act. If this is truly KAT's team, he needs to show it, with a team cancer or not.
Oh it is his team, that's why they gave him a max deal and Jimmy Butler is crying on TV about wanting to be wanted.

Reactions: TM2013
Butler even said Towns was the best player, and Wiggins was the most God gifted. That is why he is so pissed off. He wants their heart to match their talent. Jimmy Butler may not be the most talented guy, but he beats your ass with heart and determination. I know another guy who does the same thing, his name is Benny Snell. Give me the Butler's and Snell's of the world and you can have the talented, soft stars.
Just because KAT played for UK, does not mean i have to side with him. His defense is one of the worst for his position. last time i checked, the court has two sides. Offense and defense. KAT is great on one end, horrible on the other. Butler is lock down good on one end, very good on the other.

Reactions: UK-chulo
Oh it is his team, that's why they gave him a max deal and Jimmy Butler is crying on TV about wanting to be wanted.

It’s Towns’ tram for sure but that team without Butler will be horrendous on defense. Your’e paying Wiggins and Towns over $300 million and neither plays hardly any D. I don’t think Butler is too concerned about the money, it’s more that the Wolves gave all their money to players who don’t put the effort forward on both ends of the court. Players who don’t want to win as bad as Butler does.

I don’t think Butler’s opinion is wrong, and on the court the alpha dog mentality works.

But when you’re a professional anything you should act professionally behind the scenes. Luckily most of our jobs aren’t broadcast to millions of people but the point remains that Butler, great player or not, should handle this situation better.

Saying this, no one outside of the team knows exactly what’s going on in the locker room so it’s somewhat speculation.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Just a FYI for the simple folks, if someone tells you how religious they are or how hard they work, take it with a grain of salt.

How can a UK fan who saw KAT develop from a skinny 16 year old kid on the Dominican team buy they BS narrative that he doesn't work hard? You've seen his development, know where he came from, but don't have the good sense to disregard that nonsense.

It’s Towns’ tram for sure but that team without Butler will be horrendous on defense. Your’e paying Wiggins and Towns over $300 million and neither plays hardly any D. I don’t think Butler is too concerned about the money, it’s more that the Wolves gave all their money to players who don’t put the effort forward on both ends of the court. Players who don’t want to win as bad as Butler does.
You've seen with your eyes KAT hardly playing any D or is that something you heard and adopted as your own opinion?

Reactions: Deli owl
Can yall imagine the media outrage if Boogie did 1/10th of the things Butler did? Crazy part is the media is making him out to besome hero and dumb people are buying it.

I see you have seen the commentary today...everyone and I mean everyone is on Team Butler at the moment.

Commentary today is essentially...

Wiggins - super soft, doesn't care, didn't deserve the max and will never be a great player. A max guy with zero all star appearances.

Towns - great player, franchise player, max player, plays zero defense and not as soft as Wiggins.

You've seen with your eyes KAT hardly playing any D or is that something you heard and adopted as your own opinion?

He is known by every GM / scout in the NBA as one of the worst defensive players. He gets abused. Love KAT, and he is a great talent, but defense has a lot to be desired. I guess you think he and Booker are a 1-2 punch that can shut down any combo in the league because they played for UK.

919SHARES
TWEET
EMAIL

By: Bryan Kalbrosky | October 26, 2017

The Minnesota Timberwolves currently have a bottom five defensein the NBA. Karl-Anthony Towns has been one of the biggest problems.

Dane Moore@DaneMooreNBA

https://twitter.com/DaneMooreNBA/status/922259772966965248

It's really a bummer that this is how Karl-Anthony Towns defends.

7:33 PM - Oct 22, 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Even though he is a generational talent on offense, the same cannot be said on the other side of the ball. According to NBA Math’s Total Points Added, Towns has -8.27 points saved on defense through five games. The only big men in the NBA with worse ratings so far are Kristaps Porzingis and Paul Millsap.

Opponents have scored 119.5 points per 100 possessions while Towns is on the floor. Among all starting centers in the league, the only player with a worse defensive rating is Kelly Olynyk.

This was a problem last season as well, as Towns ranked last among centers in ESPN’s Real Plus-Minus. Beat writer Brian Sampson looked at some of the numbers (via Dunking With Wolves):

“The Timberwolves struggled defensively with Towns on the court, posting a 110.8 defensive rating. That would’ve been good for last in the league if applied throughout the whole year. When he was sitting on the bench, however, their rating improved exponentially to 103.6 which would’ve been fifth-best in the NBA.”

This season, he has allowed 44.0 points per game in the paint, the second-highest among all starting centers. The 13.8 points per game he has allowed via fastbreak is also the second-most from any starting center.

The third-year center has already had legitimately embarrassing moments on the defensive end of the court, like when Utah’s Rodney Hood dribbled a ball through his legs.

AQ@Abdiqalis

· Oct 26, 2017

Replying to @Abdiqalis
bruh I'm sick. All Towns does is twirl around on the court pic.twitter.com/u9a8naIuPR

AQ@Abdiqalis

did this man really put his hands away to not block pg?? Halp pic.twitter.com/J0a5h7gdjK

11:19 AM - Oct 26, 2017
Twitter Ads info and privacy

Towns blocked 4.3 percent of two-point field goals attempted by his opponents when he was a rookie. Now in his third season, this ratehas dropped to 3.2 percent. Watch him fail to even attempt a block above, keeping his hands down and lacking basic basketball fundamentals.

Email
Like this article?
Sign up for the HoopsHype email newsletter to get our top stories in your inbox every morning

Cleaning The Glass notes that Towns is committing fouls more often this season than 90 percent of big men. This means that when he is trying to defend, he is making mistakes and allowing the opposition to the free throw line.

The slow start to the season is a multidimensional issue for Minnesota. But until Towns is able to improve his instincts and effort, it’ll be hard for them to take the jump to a next-tier team in the NBA.

Minnesota Timberwolves, Denver Nuggets have most improved title odds
DunkWire, Top, Karl-Anthony Towns, Minnesota Timberwolves

919SHARES

I think its good to do what Jimmy did.

It might help KAT grow more. And wiggins always comes off lazy...

I never thought of that with KAT as he seemed to have grown in all aspect of his game, but he definitely needs to improve defensively.

I think its good to do what Jimmy did.

It might help KAT grow more. And wiggins always comes off lazy...

I never thought of that with KAT as he seemed to have grown in all aspect of his game, but he definitely needs to improve defensively.

I am sure JB has his reasons for this and one is to get KAT to become a monster in all aspects of the game. Since this is KAT's team (I didn't realize a paycheck makes this the case) Minnesota will not get to the next level without elevated play from him.

I see you have seen the commentary today...everyone and I mean everyone is on Team Butler at the moment.

Commentary today is essentially...

Wiggins - super soft, doesn't care, didn't deserve the max and will never be a great player. A max guy with zero all star appearances.

Towns - great player, franchise player, max player, plays zero defense and not as soft as Wiggins.
I actually watch games, I learn facts, I never lazily adopt anyone else's opinion. KAT play zero defense, nonsense that you lazily adopted. KAT has a long way to go as most 22 year old centers who were big scorers their entire life but he by no means plays zero defense or doesnt gove effort.

What has Butler ever done in the league?

Why does he act like he deserves all the praise?

He is known by every GM / scout in the NBA as one of the worst defensive players. He gets abused. Love KAT, and he is a great talent, but defense has a lot to be desired. I guess you think he and Booker are a 1-2 punch that can shut down any combo in the league because they played for UK.
I didnt say he could shut anyone down, I didn't even say he was a good defender, he's not, but he's 22 years old and can grow into a solid defender. The point is Jimmy Butler is 100% wrong here, a team cancer, and ignorant people are buying what he's selling. What kind of fan celebrates a veteran tearing down the younger players and acting like it's some kind of noble gesture?

What has Butler ever done in the league?

Why does he act like he deserves all the praise?
Jimmy Butler is the hardest working player that has ever lived, if you dont believe me, listen to him tell it.

While KAT got killed for his playoffs performance Jimmy Butler put up similar numbers and got a pass because the sheep buy what they're being sold.

Jimmy Butler: 15.8ppg, 6.0rpg, 4.0apg, .444FG%
Andrew Wiggins: 15.8ppg, 5.2rpg, 2.0apg, .441FG%
Karl-Anthony Towns: 15.4ppg, 13.2rpg, 2.2apg .467FG%

Hard working Jimmy Butler stunk it up too, He did hold James Harden to 29 points and 7.4 assists. If only KAT could step up to that level.

Jimmy Butler is the hardest working player that has ever lived, if you dont believe me, listen to him tell it.

While KAT got killed for his playoffs performance Jimmy Butler put up similar numbers and got a pass because the sheep buy what they're being sold.

Jimmy Butler: 15.8ppg, 6.0rpg, 4.0apg, .444FG%
Andrew Wiggins: 15.8ppg, 5.2rpg, 2.0apg, .441FG%
Karl-Anthony Towns: 15.4ppg, 13.2rpg, 2.2apg .467FG%

Hard working Jimmy Butler stunk it up too, He did hold James Harden to 29 points and 7.4 assists. If only KAT could step up to that level.

I find you comparing two overall #1 picks to someone you consider a nobody entertaining to say the least.

The issue being overlooked is what a horrific fit Tom Thibodeau was/is for type of team the Wolves were. That fit was awful. Young players were most talented on team, and they were coming along in a style of play that fit them, and needed a coach who fit their personalities and knew how to acquire talent to compliment them. Every player has weaknesses and in KAT's case it's defense--so you need to go acquire a frontline defender and let KAT focus on rebounding because defensively he's not elite-ala Kevin Love who they used to have.

Issue is Thibodeau hates fast paced basketball, is literally a jackass when it comes to his behavior as a Head Coach on the sidelines and everyone in the Twin Cities hates him in part due to that. He blew up the young core, got nothing out of a trade for Butler--the kid from Creighton has broken each foot, and he gave away Lavine and Dunn--and I'd argue he should've never drafted Dunn in the first place, but went with a crappy Vet guard (Teague) and has made them older, slower, less entertaining. The game of the elite teams is fast paced and offensively driven. You aren't going to "defend" your way to the championship in Basketball. It's the only sport where great offense not only beats great defense but becomes part of your defense by having teams try and match you.

It's why the shift to how teams try to play like Golden State is stupid. They built their team for that style of play and will do it better then anyone. You need to figure out what your roster can do and build to it. Bringing in Taj Gibson, Butler, Teague, etc....and then in Thibs fashion NEVER playing a bench, how do you expect to contend. If you know Towns is a poor defender, why is near league leader in minutes?? A tired player isn't going to improve defensively.

Thibodeau was/is the problem and needs to go. He's a fine assistant coach and a horrible head coach who is pumped up by his buddies who served well as an Assistant.

Reactions: ~Keyser Soze~
I find you comparing two overall #1 picks to someone you consider a nobody entertaining to say the least.

He's comparing these guys to a whining malcontent you said you would take all day every day over them. That hardest working man in basketball has played over 70 games in a season twice in 7 years. Towns has played 82 games each year he's been in the league. Jimmy Butler is a very good player. He's also crying his way out of a second city. You're choosing this douche over a 22 year old stud who has averaged 22 and 12 in his 3 yr career while being a positive force in every community he's ever been a part of. You'd make one helluva gm.

I guess I'm not up on how things are done on team sports nowadays. If, I was the coach I would have kicked him out of practice and told the owner, if he's allowed back, then I'm out.
I would not let any player hold my team hostage. Period.

1.) Karl Towns is 22 years old. Jimmy Butler was a rookie when he was 22 who averaged 2 points per game. Jimmy Butler is now 29, and should be in the prime of his career. Instead, he's alienated himself from his entire organization.

2.) "Soft" Karl Town has not missed a single game in his 3 year career. "Mr. Tough" Jimmy Butler has played 82 games once in his career and missed at least 15 games in all but one other season. He's missed 44 games (more than half a season) in the last 3 years alone.

So, who's a mature leader? Who cares about winning? Who's tough?

Karl Towns has some areas he can work on, but Jimmy Butler needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

I didnt say he could shut anyone down, I didn't even say he was a good defender, he's not, but he's 22 years old and can grow into a solid defender. The point is Jimmy Butler is 100% wrong here, a team cancer, and ignorant people are buying what he's selling. What kind of fan celebrates a veteran tearing down the younger players and acting like it's some kind of noble gesture?

I agree 100% he is a cancer, i would not have him on my team. I would have his heart and determination though. He is bad for the locker room for sure.

Reactions: ~Keyser Soze~
Butler did have a "Players Only" meeting after the tirade so there is that. Maybe he was trying to get the young guys to give it their all, wrong way of doing it, but maybe that is why ??? No matter the reason, he shouldn't have done it. But he is right. They do not always give max effort which is frustrating to see from such a enormous talent.

He sees their talent and thinks "these guys have a lot more talent then i do, if they would only apply their self 100." I think that was his message.

Butler did have a "Players Only" meeting after the tirade so there is that. Maybe he was trying to get the young guys to give it their all, wrong way of doing it, but maybe that is why ??? No matter the reason, he shouldn't have done it. But he is right. They do not always give max effort which is frustrating to see from such a enormous talent.

He sees their talent and thinks "these guys have a lot more talent then i do, if they would only apply their self 100." I think that was his message.

Or, he doesn't care one bit about these other guys and knows things like this keep his name in the news.

Jimmy Butler is leaking to the media what he wants reported. Jeff Teague denied a players only meeting happened.

Towns should hammer that big headed over hyped punk IMO. If I was Towns or in his shoes a a 7 foot beast team mate or not in practice he would be crying for his mommy and Alpha pressence would be established!

ADVERTISEMENT