ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy Butler

Those tweets confuse me. On one hand he's flipping on teammates being combative, the next it's "Jimmy's Back"? Those two don't really go together.

Either way, I really hope Houston doesn't give up Gordon and Tucker for him.

Jimmy is confident. Jimmy is brash. Jimmy didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.

19a115eac35602743347284c9e2492be--seinfeld-jimmy-jimmy.jpg

Those tweets confuse me. On one hand he's flipping on teammates being combative, the next it's "Jimmy's Back"? Those two don't really go together.

Either way, I really hope Houston doesn't give up Gordon and Tucker for him.
That would be completely insane for Houston. In a bad way.

Carmelo is a gamble, but I get it- they got him on the cheap, and he has enough respect for Harden and Paul that he should fall in line. He's also old enough where he knows this is his biggest chance to be on a winner.

Butler would be a different story. He's the same age as Harden, his offensive skills don't fit what the Rockets do, and he's obviously not short of ego. Can't see how it would possibly work.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
That would be completely insane for Houston. In a bad way.

Carmelo is a gamble, but I get it- they got him on the cheap, and he has enough respect for Harden and Paul that he should fall in line. He's also old enough where he knows this is his biggest chance to be on a winner.

Butler would be a different story. He's the same age as Harden, his offensive skills don't fit what the Rockets do, and he's obviously not short of ego. Can't see how it would possibly work.

It would certainly be too many cooks in the kitchen. Butler is turning out to be a head case and you just can;t give up quality bench players for him.. especially when he really doesn't fit the D'Antoni system. I'd like the Rockets to stay as is.

Last edited:
KAT has to learn to be mean. He has a reputation of not playing defense; he has to change this perception. I don’t agree with Jimmys tactics; he just wants traded, but KAT should have went right at him
KAT needs to keep doing what he's doing. Jimmy Butler is trash and a team cancer. KAT is a 22 year All Star with a $190 million contract. He's gonna do great things in the league and is like 5 years away from entering his prime.

Can somebody point out to me what exactly Jimmy Butler has won at any level to earn all this respect he demands? T-Wolves should have traded him immediately after this all started. They would be much better off with Bam and Josh Richardson long haul. KAT is a young guy, but undoubtedly he will be remembered as a far better player than Butler when all is said and done. Some of these NBA drama queens are getting as bad as NFL receivers.

You may not like how he’s going about his business, but a guy averaging 22, 5 and 5 on efficient shooting while playing lockdown defense is not overrated. Far from it. But he is better off as a #2 than a #1.

Being honest, I am sure he would.

I wonder how Shaq, Barkley or Patrick Ewing would deal with what JB did today in practice? This is Town's team...he needs to step up and show it. I hope he does if he did not today behind closed doors.
How they'd deal with a team cancer who has nothing to lose when you have everything to lose? Neither played for an organization so bad that they would put them in that situation.

Can somebody point out to me what exactly Jimmy Butler has won at any level to earn all this respect he demands? T-Wolves should have traded him immediately after this all started. They would be much better off with Bam and Josh Richardson long haul. KAT is a young guy, but undoubtedly he will be remembered as a far better player than Butler when all is said and done. Some of these NBA drama queens are getting as bad as NFL receivers.

He won a gold with the 2016 US Team so that handles your first point. Outside of that, he went to Marquette and last time I checked, they aren't world beaters. Was one of the last players selected in the first round and has grown into arguably one of the the best two way players in the NBA.

With that said, he is a four-time NBA All-Star, a four-time NBA All-Defensive Team honoree, and a two-time All-NBA Team honoree.

You choose not to respect how good of a player he is...that's on you. There are numerous teams that will gladly give him the max, but he wants to be traded now so he can get a larger max deal.

How they'd deal with a team cancer who has nothing to lose when you have everything to lose? Neither played for an organization so bad that they would put them in that situation.

If he is such a team cancer, why are numerous teams trying to trade for him?

If he is such a team cancer, why are numerous teams trying to trade for him?

He won a gold with the 2016 US Team so that handles your first point. Outside of that, he went to Marquette and last time I checked, they aren't world beaters. Was one of the last players selected in the first round and has grown into arguably one of the the best two way players in the NBA.

With that said, he is a four-time NBA All-Star, a four-time NBA All-Defensive Team honoree, and a two-time All-NBA Team honoree.

You choose not to respect how good of a player he is...that's on you. There are numerous teams that will gladly give him the max, but he wants to be traded now so he can get a larger max deal.

He's bitched his way out of two cities now. We give Rondo hell about it so I can certainly do it to Jimmy Butler. At least Rondo won a championship. Butler is a very good player who thinks he's a superstar. He isn't. He never will be. Butler is such a hardworking badass yet he's only played more than 70 games twice in his career. I don't think Towns has missed a game in his 3 yrs. T-Wolves need to ship him asap to avoid further pissing off the real future of the franchise. Towns.

Last edited:
Jimmy is cut from a different cloth than KAT and Wiggins... thats the problem. Theres a reason last year before the season the GMs voted KAT as the player they wanted to start their team around to this year him not getting a single vote. Dude is soft, and it showed last year in the playoffs.

As a couple of people have already stated Jimmy isnt a #1 but one of the best #2 guys in the league, the problem for Minn. is he is the #1 on that team because KAT doesnt have that dog in him to be the #1 guy.

And i dont see Thibs trading Jimmy until mid-season (unless someone throws a ridiculous offer now) because he needs to win now.

What was once a promising situation with Twolves....they were sitting as a 3/4 seed deep into last year and then Butler gets hurt and they barely hold on to #8 seed. Now I'd argue they may not even make the playoffs with the deep West and dysfunction.

I am still lost on why Butler is mad and at whom....but he is certainly burning down that team. Whether it be Bulter or Tibs as the coach, maybe both should be gone. But Towns for some of his faults....he's still a 20/10 guy and is extremely efficient in doing so. There are not many guys in the wold that put up those kind of stats.

KATs not soft he’s just above picking on the developmentally challenged. Butlers areally good player but he’s not very bright.

Reactions: TM2013
Butler is a very good player but KAT is the man on that team. In no way should butler get a max contract. He is a ball hog who don’t shoot that well and he’s getting “old” for angry guard. I wouldn’t pay him. I Would do best to trade him

What was once a promising situation with Twolves....they were sitting as a 3/4 seed deep into last year and then Butler gets hurt and they barely hold on to #8 seed. Now I'd argue they may not even make the playoffs with the deep West and dysfunction.

I am still lost on why Butler is mad and at whom....but he is certainly burning down that team. Whether it be Bulter or Tibs as the coach, maybe both should be gone. But Towns for some of his faults....he's still a 20/10 guy and is extremely efficient in doing so. There are not many guys in the wold that put up those kind of stats.
Why do people make that argument when there was a 2 game difference between the 3 seed and the 8 seed?

Because Wiggins was soft Being a nice guy has nothing to do with it. You bring it or you don’t or can’t. They all are paid a lot of money to do a job. I’d personally rather work with the nice guy who brings it like KAT than a asshole like butler. Butler is a awesome player but he is not a max contract guy.

Last edited:
Butler is a nice support player but he isn’t near good enough to be acting the way he has lately. I see them getting rid of him if they can get anything in return.

Kat kept his mouth shut because he knows it is about to get better. Thibs needs Butler because without him, he won't be coaching there after this season. Next year, Thibs and Butler will not be there, thus creating a better atmossphere. Kat is just riding it out...

ADVERTISEMENT