ADVERTISEMENT

Jimmy Butler

I didnt read any of this SHIT , but three pages of Jimmy Butler on s UK hoops board ? Insane .. FWIW my opinion he is over rated as hell. Trade him to worst bottom feeder you can find that offer draft picks for this turd . He just aint that good.

He's comparing these guys to a whining malcontent you said you would take all day every day over them. That hardest working man in basketball has played over 70 games in a season twice in 7 years. Towns has played 82 games each year he's been in the league. Jimmy Butler is a very good player. He's also crying his way out of a second city. You're choosing this douche over a 22 year old stud who has averaged 22 and 12 in his 3 yr career while being a positive force in every community he's ever been a part of. You'd make one helluva gm.

I will always choose the guys that only want to win...period. Jimmy has over achieved his entire time in the NBA. The same cannot be said about KAT.

Yes, KAT has great numbers, but he gives up just as many points as he scores.

And if you have to bolster your argument with KAT's community service, well, not sure what else I can tell ya.

I will always choose the guys that only want to win...period. Jimmy has over achieved his entire time in the NBA. The same cannot be said about KAT.

Yes, KAT has great numbers, but he gives up just as many points as he scores.

And if you have to bolster your argument with KAT's community service, well, not sure what else I can tell ya.

What exactly has Butler won? Besides that Olympic gold medal you touted where he played with a bunch of dudes better than him? If you'd choose Butler over Towns, then anything you did tell me would be disregarded immediately. But thanks for the offer.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
1.) Karl Towns is 22 years old. Jimmy Butler was a rookie when he was 22 who averaged 2 points per game. Jimmy Butler is now 29, and should be in the prime of his career. Instead, he's alienated himself from his entire organization.

2.) "Soft" Karl Town has not missed a single game in his 3 year career. "Mr. Tough" Jimmy Butler has played 82 games once in his career and missed at least 15 games in all but one other season. He's missed 44 games (more than half a season) in the last 3 years alone.

So, who's a mature leader? Who cares about winning? Who's tough?

Karl Towns has some areas he can work on, but Jimmy Butler needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Butler is in the prime of his career...he is one of the best two way players in the NBA. An all-star and always on the NBA defensive team.

KAT does not scare a single team with his defense. Zero intimidation...SOFT.

Who's the mature leader on the Wolves - No One and that is a major problem with KAT.
Who cares more about winning - Clearly Butler
Who's tougher - Clearly Butler

KAT is the highest paid player on his team and is allowing a "cancer" to completely punk him. Step Up Man!

He's such a cancer that our own Pat Riley is doing what he can to trade for him. Something tells me he knows what he is doing.

What exactly has Butler won? Besides that Olympic gold medal you touted where he played with a bunch of dudes better than him? If you'd choose Butler over Towns, then anything you did tell me would be disregarded immediately. But thanks for the offer.

What has KAT won? I mean, he was on the under-achieving team that went 38-1.

Yea I'll stick with Towns. You hang in there with ole hardworking ( played over 70 games twice in 7 years), super winner ( 2-5 in playoff series) Jimmy.

Hey man...we played the who has won game and you blinked. Yeah, Butler was invited to participate on the Olympic team and won. They tend to only invite the best players on that team you know...

It's sad that KAT is being punked by a nobody...SOFT

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
Minnesota sucks
Traded love for now a max contract disaster in wiggins

Kat has no issues cause any team would take his contract in a second

Butler they can’t trade cause they won’t get anything for.

From a team of promise they are stuck in mediocre land for a while

Hey man...we played the who has won game and you blinked. Yeah, Butler was invited to participate on the Olympic team and won. They tend to only invite the best players on that team you know...

It's sad that KAT is being punked by a nobody...SOFT

[roll]
Keep touting that superhuman 5.6 pt/ 2.5 reb Olympic effort by the hardest working man in basketball.

KAT has to learn to be mean. He has a reputation of not playing defense; he has to change this perception. I don’t agree with Jimmys tactics; he just wants traded, but KAT should have went right at him

Or maybe KAT does not respect Jimmy enough to care?

Jimmy also wouldn't win without Wiggins and Towns. I don't really understand his outburst. I actually like him, but this is weird. He has frustration with no playoff success and I get it, but his outburst seems off-base, and is not reflective of leadership. He has also listed the Heat as a destination via trade. Really? So you have this outburst, and want to go to a team that would be worse, or at best, the same?

Butler is in the prime of his career...he is one of the best two way players in the NBA. An all-star and always on the NBA defensive team.

KAT does not scare a single team with his defense. Zero intimidation...SOFT.

Who's the mature leader on the Wolves - No One and that is a major problem with KAT.
Who cares more about winning - Clearly Butler
Who's tougher - Clearly Butler

KAT is the highest paid player on his team and is allowing a "cancer" to completely punk him. Step Up Man!

He's such a cancer that our own Pat Riley is doing what he can to trade for him. Something tells me he knows what he is doing.
How many people does Steph Curry scare with his defense?

Please trade KAT to the Pelicans for 2 chickens, a goat, and a block of cheese.

I think we were one Chris Paul injury away from it being a major issue...

OK, I think we are done with this thread...you win. Let's stop. Happy Friday.
Yeah, it was almost an issue for the 2 time MVP 3 time champion. If only he could be more like Jimmy Butler who hasnt been past the 2nd round and has a 15-25 playoff record.

Hard to keep up with who is saying what, but this much is known: If you think player x is better than player y because of team playoff wins, then you're really out of touch.

One of the dumbest arguments I've found in all of sports is attaching team success to specific individuals. I'm not sure who is better Butler or Steph.. but it's certainly not decided by playoff wins when Steph has twice the talent around him as Butler..

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat
What I don’t understand in all this Jimmy Butler vs. KAT sniping is how does Andrew Wiggins continue to get a free pass? Wasn’t he supposed to be the next great wing player in the NBA?

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat
What I don’t understand in all this Jimmy Butler vs. KAT sniping is how does Andrew Wiggins continue to get a free pass? Wasn’t he supposed to be the next great wing player in the NBA?

I don’t think wiggins has gotten a free pass. I think people have already accepted that he’s not as good as we thought he was going to be and adjusted expectations accordingly. All except the Timberwolves front office that gave him a max contract of course.

Towns quickly usurped him as the face of the franchise though.

Hard to keep up with who is saying what, but this much is known: If you think player x is better than player y because of team playoff wins, then you're really out of touch.

One of the dumbest arguments I've found in all of sports is attaching team success to specific individuals. I'm not sure who is better Butler or Steph.. but it's certainly not decided by playoff wins when Steph has twice the talent around him as Butler..
Did you really type this?

You're not sure who is better?

The Warriors were winning 67 and 73 games before Durant arrived, and the best player on those teams was Steph Curry. The trajectory of the Warriors from Curry's 3rd year until now is up until you hit a ceiling where there is no more possible up. And all of those teams were built AROUND Steph Curry. Yes, he has great teammates, but Golden State has been able to build like it has BECAUSE they have Steph Curry.

Did you really type this?

You're not sure who is better?

The Warriors were winning 67 and 73 games before Durant arrived, and the best player on those teams was Steph Curry. The trajectory of the Warriors from Curry's 3rd year until now is up until you hit a ceiling where there is no more possible up. And all of those teams were built AROUND Steph Curry. Yes, he has great teammates, but Golden State has been able to build like it has BECAUSE they have Steph Curry.

How was Curry before Klay and Dray?

No, they've been able to build that way because of Steph Curry failed to meet expectations his first 3-4 years, so he got a paltry $10m/year contract, giving GSW the ability to sign on a great bench, continue to suck, and therefore use draft picks wisely. Those draft picks also didn't command high salaries after their rookie deals.. then on top of it all, they added Durant for 75c on the dollar.

Curry should be sending part of his pay to Klay for commanding the defense so Curry could just be a revolving door most of the time. They won games because defending back courts couldn't contain BOTH of them, and then on defense they had to deal with a all-star caliber defender in Klay. Not to mention Green.

Last edited:
So many PGs could slide into GSW with Klay, Dray, Iggy, and one of the best benches in a decade.

Brady and Steph.. two of the most overvalued players in sports.

How was Curry before Klay and Dray?

No, they've been able to build that way because of Steph Curry failed to meet expectations his first 3-4 years, so he got a paltry $10m/year contract, giving GSW the ability to sign on a great bench, continue to suck, and therefore use draft picks wisely. Those draft picks also didn't command high salaries after their rookie deals.. then on top of it all, they added Durant for 75c on the dollar.

Curry should be sending part of his pay to Klay for commanding the defense so Curry could just be a revolving door most of the time. They won games because defending back courts couldn't contain BOTH of them, and then on defense they had to deal with a all-star caliber defender in Klay. Not to mention Green.
The only part of that looney rant that's even remotely close to true is that Golden State got a discount on Curry's first extension, and used that money very wisely. That had waaaaay more to do with fear of Curry's ankles (he missed 40 games his 3rd year) than performance.

Other than that, you must be the most insane Steph Curry hater on the planet. Curry is the greatest shooter in the history of the sport. He was a great shooter from the moment he came in the league, and he just got better and better before peaking in his 7th year. He's been top 10 at PG in PER every year except his rookie season, and rated 1 or 2 in three of the last 4 years. His lowest real plus-minus the last 5 years, among all players, is 6.

It's deranged to think that "so many PG's" could slide into GS and they wouldn't lose effectiveness. Hell, just this past season, they went 17-14 without him in the regular season, 41-10 with him.

The only part of that looney rant that's even remotely close to true is that Golden State got a discount on Curry's first extension, and used that money very wisely. That had waaaaay more to do with fear of Curry's ankles (he missed 40 games his 3rd year) than performance.

Other than that, you must be the most insane Steph Curry hater on the planet. Curry is the greatest shooter in the history of the sport. He was a great shooter from the moment he came in the league, and he just got better and better before peaking in his 7th year. He's been top 10 at PG in PER every year except his rookie season, and rated 1 or 2 in three of the last 4 years. His lowest real plus-minus the last 5 years, among all players, is 6.

It's deranged to think that "so many PG's" could slide into GS and they wouldn't lose effectiveness. Hell, just this past season, they went 17-14 without him in the regular season, 41-10 with him.

Not denying hit shooting greatness, and of course he adds to the team and makes other people's jobs easier. He (and Klay) stretch the defense allowing Green to operate in 1on1 scenarios.

Their record without him still had a backup in there, as the team struggled to adjust. That happens with almost any player for the few months while they are out. Highly doubt Golden State misses a beat if any of the following could suit up: Harden, Paul, Rondo, Bledsoe, Wall, Holiday, Irving, Damien and probably a few others. Regardless.. a 500+ wpc is pretty damn good when the floor general is out.

How would curry's ankles be if he had Hardens roll on the rockets before CP3 came in? That's what I'm getting at. Golden State made such great moves (and lucked out with some salary timings) that they made Steph's job a cakewalk.

On any other team, certainly one that's toiling in the bottom10, he'd be putting up decent percentages while getting double-teamed (something teams can't do much of currently) getting battered on defense, losing games, and probably a heck of a lot more injuries.

I think we were one Chris Paul injury away from it being a major issue...

OK, I think we are done with this thread...you win. Let's stop. Happy Friday.

You need to stop because what you've said is false. You might be the only man alive with that opinion.

Also, just to clarify, it appears you might not have included Curry's time missed in the playoffs (could be wrong). They went 5-1 without him.

Curry is a great player. He's just not the world beater some think he is. He's not the best PG in the league.

I don’t think wiggins has gotten a free pass. I think people have already accepted that he’s not as good as we thought he was going to be and adjusted expectations accordingly. All except the Timberwolves front office that gave him a max contract of course.

Towns quickly usurped him as the face of the franchise though.

Wiggins is not getting a free pass but the attention is being placed on KAT and JB. This is KAT's team regardless of who has a max contract (dumbest thing I read on here.) All JB is trying to do is motivate KAT to be the player he can be so the team can reach their goal. They will not accomplish ish until KAT turns on that other switch.

You need to stop because what you've said is false. You might be the only man alive with that opinion.

Almost any NBA writer thinks this... Now losing Iggy hurt GSW as well. Hard to quantify. But Houston was up 3-2 with a home game left. I imagine they win one of the last two. Two of Houston's loses in that series we're complete head-scratchers.

You remember game 1? Where Harden completely forgot he actually had talent around him and tried to beat GSW by himself? It was probably an avoidable loss. When Houston settled down, they had GSW's number. All year.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Almost any NBA writer thinks this... Now losing Iggy hurt GSW as well. Hard to quantify. But Houston was up 3-2 with a home game left. I imagine they win one of the last two. Two of Houston's loses in that series we're complete head-scratchers.

You remember game 1? Where Harden completely forgot he actually had talent around him and tried to beat GSW by himself? It was probably an avoidable loss. When Houston settled down, they had GSW's number. All year.

I wasn't talking about that.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
Got it. Again, I jumped into this late.

And while I may agree with Albany in part, just know that I do not share his political views. I want to make that extremely clear lolol.

Wiggins is not getting a free pass but the attention is being placed on KAT and JB. This is KAT's team regardless of who has a max contract (dumbest thing I read on here.) All JB is trying to do is motivate KAT to be the player he can be so the team can reach their goal. They will not accomplish ish until KAT turns on that other switch.
If he hasnt turned on that "switch" by 22, when will he? I mean at 22 Jimmy hard work was a finished product riding the pine for the Bulls and KAT should be too. Jimmy Butler was asked to carry an entire franchise at 22 and you didnt see him fold like KAT with 21 points, 12 rebounds while shooting 54% from the field, 43% from 3 and 85% from the line while being 2nd in win shares, top 10 in PER, and 6th in VORP. Nope, Jimmy Hard work was putting up 2.6 points and 1.3 rebounds.

Reactions: KY_Kid
Also, just to clarify, it appears you might not have included Curry's time missed in the playoffs (could be wrong). They went 5-1 without him.

Curry is a great player. He's just not the world beater some think he is. He's not the best PG in the league.

I guess you are smarter than NBA GM's? This is the survey just released.

If you were starting a franchise today and could sign any player in the NBA, who would it be?

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee – 30%

2. Anthony Davis, New Orleans – 23%

3. Kevin Durant, Golden State – 20%

4. LeBron James, L.A. Lakers – 17%

5. Stephen Curry, Golden State – 7%

Which player forces opposing coaches to make the most adjustments?

1. LeBron James, L.A. Lakers – 60%

2. James Harden, Houston – 20%

3. Stephen Curry, Golden State – 10%

4. Kevin Durant, Golden State – 7%

Who is the best point guard in the NBA?

1. Stephen Curry, Golden State – 57%

2. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City – 17%

3. Kyrie Irving, Boston – 10%

Who is the best shooting guard in the NBA?

1. James Harden, Houston – 73%

2. Klay Thompson, Golden State – 10%

3. Stephen Curry, Golden State – 7%

If he hasnt turned on that "switch" by 22, when will he? I mean at 22 Jimmy hard work was a finished product riding the pine for the Bulls and KAT should be too. Jimmy Butler was asked to carry an entire franchise at 22 and you didnt see him fold like KAT with 21 points, 12 rebounds while shooting 54% from the field, 43% from 3 and 85% from the line while being 2nd in win shares, top 10 in PER, and 6th in VORP. Nope, Jimmy Hard work was putting up 2.6 points and 1.3 rebounds.

Sigh...Butler was drafter by a franchise that I think finished first in their division the year before. Hence the bench role for a guy that was drafted last in the first round. Butler was not asked to be a leader when he was drafted as Rose was the leader of the Bulls. Once things started to fall apart for the Bulls did Butler get his chance. Since then, he has been one of the best two-way players in the NBA.

I guess you are smarter than NBA GM's? This is the survey just released.

If you were starting a franchise today and could sign any player in the NBA, who would it be?

1. Giannis Antetokounmpo, Milwaukee – 30%

2. Anthony Davis, New Orleans – 23%

3. Kevin Durant, Golden State – 20%

4. LeBron James, L.A. Lakers – 17%

5. Stephen Curry, Golden State – 7%

Which player forces opposing coaches to make the most adjustments?

1. LeBron James, L.A. Lakers – 60%

2. James Harden, Houston – 20%

3. Stephen Curry, Golden State – 10%

4. Kevin Durant, Golden State – 7%

Who is the best point guard in the NBA?

1. Stephen Curry, Golden State – 57%

2. Russell Westbrook, Oklahoma City – 17%

3. Kyrie Irving, Boston – 10%

Who is the best shooting guard in the NBA?

1. James Harden, Houston – 73%

2. Klay Thompson, Golden State – 10%

3. Stephen Curry, Golden State – 7%

Check out all that talent around him. Either way, it's a "what have you done for me lately" league. I'm not sure Steph would have survived if he was stuck on The Knicks. And he was never a top PG until Klay (and Dray) were around him a few years later.

ADVERTISEMENT