ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Meyer Tweets on McDaniels

I’m confused, I thought someone said his handler tweeted out something to the effect of losing Jaden if he went to UK? I don’t believe Jaden or his family is taking money but I thought the handler is the one that steers the kid to the school in hopes of getting some money somewhere down the line.

Hes been the trainer leaking recruiting info from the jump. He's just BS'n on twitter recently hoping to get attention.

Hes been the trainer leaking recruiting info from the jump. He's just BS'n on twitter recently hoping to get attention.

Wow. That’s a good find. I really hope this douche doesn’t convince Mcdaniels where to go to college. He’ll get crushed on social media.

Update: sorry if this has already been posted, but apparently jaden mcdaniels posted himself in a nirvana shirt and Washington fans are trying to tie the two together. (Nirvana is from Seattle)

Last edited:
Wow. That’s a good find. I really hope this douche doesn’t convince Mcdaniels where to go to college. He’ll get crushed on social media.

Update: sorry if this has already been posted, but apparently jaden mcdaniels posted himself in a nirvana shirt and Washington fans are trying to tie the two together. (Nirvana is from Seattle)
Happens to be a number 2 open too!

Reactions: kl40504

Ackshuwally.... Nirvana is predominantly from Aberdeen, WA (Kurt and Krist). Dave was from Virginia.

Even if we miss on McDaniels and Blackshear I wouldn't be surprised to see Ca get a big man reclass like Maker or Dante. We are gonna need more than Nick and EJ and who knows what they are even doing. Would love to see Dante reclass and come because he is getting heat from other schools for 2020.

If that kid goes to Washington it will be a PRIME example of UK is NOT for everyone.

It’s sounding more and more like he’s afraid of the attention and the lights. If that’s truly the case? Good luck kid.

If it’s his parents and handlers? He needs to put his foot down a little and tell them it’s HIS life and while I love you I need to make my own choice.

This always seems to happen to us. People run to K and Roy and Self and whoever else with open arms shouting hosannas to their king! And Cal gets flipped off even though his results and pro guys speak for themselves. Guess it’s true. Some kids/parents don’t want the work to get the money.

I still hope he cometh. But if he goeth? Best of luck out West. He will have to be a beast like Zion or Davis to get attention out there. Really think the kid will hurt his pro chances by going to Washington.

If the kid needs a "handler" he is not for UK. That simple... Cal saves these kids and some are too stupid to realize it. Get the damned hooks out of these kids and go make your own way in the world. Nah, then you'd have to be something...
These guys are nothing but leeches........

Reactions: BBUK
Since everyone is wildly speculating, couldn't it be possible that Frenchie needs to appear to be pushing him to stay local so that he doesn't ruin his local connections. "Hey man, I tried. I was very public but the pull to go to Kentucky was just too strong I guess. So let's start talking about [insert newest big recruit in Washington]"

Frenchy will land a cushy $100K job as Washington's assistant to the assistant regional basketball administrative recycling director where he will "work" for a year before taking his leeching, I mean "talents" to the NBA with Jaden.

It could be that he is high on UK, but that word of that created pressure and he wants people to know it was a close call. Either way UK will be fine. My fear for JM is much the same as EJ. They are skilled players who should one day play in the League, but their games and bodies are not yet ready. Even so, they are tempted to take a guarantee and lose a ton of money by going OAD. EJ has potential to make more of a jump than PJ did this year. I wonder if he views himself as a Wenyen-type player and just assumes he should jump now or is afraid Blackshear comes and sits him on the bench. Either way, it’s throwing money away. If he is confident he can make it in the NBA, he should come back and make himself a first round pick. JM looks like he may need 2 years, as well.

Man I haven’t seen a commitment this vintage 2013 in a while.

Good job parents, you’ve got the whole fan base believing Washington just in time. [laughing]

Does anyone know when he’s actually announcing that he’s coming to Kentucky ? I’m getting real tired of this meltdown crap every time someone tweets what he had for lunch
I thought you knew all of that information??? You've been telling us for weeks that you knew JM was coming to UK and Blackshear is not. You've stated those two things as fact. So obviously you are the one that knows.

Just as I thought, you don't know squat.

He also went thru one of his latest posts & deleted the Washington comments but left all the Uk ones. A lot of husky fans on Twitter were saying last night he’s coming here

Why does a top 10 kid need a handler?

They don't, but apparently they have a hard time realizing that.

As an aside - I wonder if freeing kids from these handlers is one reason the players and families love Cal so much even years after they're gone. Can't imagine how freeing it must be to not suffer that sort of oppression any longer

If that kid goes to Washington it will be a PRIME example of UK is NOT for everyone.

It’s sounding more and more like he’s afraid of the attention and the lights. If that’s truly the case? Good luck kid.

If it’s his parents and handlers? He needs to put his foot down a little and tell them it’s HIS life and while I love you I need to make my own choice.

This always seems to happen to us. People run to K and Roy and Self and whoever else with open arms shouting hosannas to their king! And Cal gets flipped off even though his results and pro guys speak for themselves. Guess it’s true. Some kids/parents don’t want the work to get the money.

I still hope he cometh. But if he goeth? Best of luck out West. He will have to be a beast like Zion or Davis to get attention out there. Really think the kid will hurt his pro chances by going to Washington.
He will get to play plenty of zone defense like they do at Syracuse.

He also went thru one of his latest posts & deleted the Washington comments but left all the Uk ones. A lot of husky fans on Twitter were saying last night he’s coming here

I noticed that too. There were easily hundreds of Kentucky comments and very very few Washington comments.

You can believe what you want but I wouldn’t pay to post on a message board of a team I didn’t care about. I don’t have that kind of time or disposable money
You don’t have to pay to be here. I don't pay a damn cent.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue wood
I guess I have a more charitable view of parents and the handlers thing. For a parent, having a kid with this kind of talent is literally like holding a winning lottery ticket. You don't want to lose it before you can claim the winnings. So every decision probably seems like life or death. Factor in the socio-economic and educational context which is the typical case, and I'm sure it's overwhelming. So you have a group of men you have known for some time. Some are AAU coaches maybe that have been around for 6 or 7 years, others are more opportunistic and didn't enter the picture until it became clear just how talented your kid is, but either way, they have been around, been voices you have listened to for some time regarding your kid.

In all of that stew, it's easy for me to see how confusing the whole thing is, how you're not sure who to listen to, and get paralyzed by the whole thing.

That's at least one version of it. It's not necessarily as cynical as a parent being told by a leech where to send his kid in exchange for money.....

I guess I have a more charitable view of parents and the handlers thing. For a parent, having a kid with this kind of talent is literally like holding a winning lottery ticket. You don't want to lose it before you can claim the winnings. So every decision probably seems like life or death. Factor in the socio-economic and educational context which is the typical case, and I'm sure it's overwhelming. So you have a group of men you have known for some time. Some are AAU coaches maybe that have been around for 6 or 7 years, others are more opportunistic and didn't enter the picture until it became clear just how talented your kid is, but either way, they have been around, been voices you have listened to for some time regarding your kid.

In all of that stew, it's easy for me to see how confusing the whole thing is, how you're not sure who to listen to, and get paralyzed by the whole thing.

That's at least one version of it. It's not necessarily as cynical as a parent being told by a leech where to send his kid in exchange for money.....

Then layer in the environment in which this is all taking place. You've spent 3-4 years traveling the country to all of these events, seeing/hearing that kids are getting money from shoe companies, agents, colleges, etc.

A guy your kid has dominated every time they matched up is getting $10k or whatever from this person. Are you going to pass up that money? When it's happening all over and no one is getting in any trouble for it?

McDaniels is a little different, because his family has been through this with his brother, and they're likely about to make millions when he gets drafted in June, but these coaches and trainers and handlers probably worked with his brother too and have been in the family for years now. You're likely to listen to their advice or trust people they put you in contact with.

Reactions: Mojocat
He gone. So is Blackshear. So much optimism for nothing.
Blackshear was never here. Blackshear left Virginia Tech to enter the NBA draft. The rest was just unfounded speculation. He has never leaned toward UK.

Nobody knows what McDaniels will do. Meyer and Daniels admit they don’t know. Coach Calipari has beaten Washington for good players before, and he can do it again. Let’s just wait and see what the player decides.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT