ADVERTISEMENT

Jerry Meyer Tweets on McDaniels

Read in your best Bill Walton voice:

Jaden McDaniels reminds me of a tall Red Oak that I once grew mushrooms behind after a long bike trek from Pauley Pavilion to Redwood National Forest with Coach Wooden in the off season of 1972.

Perfect, except you failed to mention the Grateful Dead. Other than that, spot on!

Why does a top 10 kid need a handler?

Is it the gas lighting in the kid's earlier progression?

Sounds like some form of child abuse if that's the case
To handle their money and that is the sad part. It’s really like another form of pimping.

Reactions: TFCats11
He gone!

McDaniels commits to Washington

Rupp rafters has a complete meltdown

:)
giphy.gif

He gone!

McDaniels commits to Washington

Rupp rafters has a complete meltdown

:)

I once toured the coast of California, from Los Olivos to Sonora with both Frank Underwood and Kevin Spacey while sipping Mimosas and listening to Grateful Dead's "American Beauty" cover to cover. Kevin Spacey reminded me of my dear teammate Swen Nater and Frank Underwood reminded me of my dear friend Kevin Spacey. - Signed Bill Walton.

FWIW- exchanged some Q&A around JM.

He said he doesn't like changing pick to foggy but isn't confident on JM to UK.

Interesting tweet 6 or 7 down regarding "handlers"

This was from this afternoon...

God I freaking hate those selfish bastard “handlers.” Pushing a kid to make a decision that’s detrimental to him because they want to control him. I hope every one of em spills pollen on their nuts and wanders into a bee colony.

Handlers, the downfall of many who would be better off with family and the player himself making decisions. He doesn't need handlers picking a college, they need to wait and get his money when he turns pro.

I don't buy the handler angle.

It's totally unsubstantiated, but alas, some of you will make it the unrelenting deflective talking point if he picks Washington.

I agree, it certainly is nothing against the player. I wasn't trying to insinuate that with my post. I think if he doesn't come to UK it is because he was pressured to stay home or felt obligated to do so, not because people had their hand out...JMHO.

To handle their money and that is the sad part. It’s really like another form of pimping.

So handlers generate their money and then control their money? Why would a top 10 recruit need them to generate money for them? Seems crazy. But hell, what do I know

Reactions: UKGrad93
Does anyone know when he’s actually announcing that he’s coming to Kentucky ? I’m getting real tired of this meltdown crap every time someone tweets what he had for lunch

It's totally unsubstantiated, but alas, some of you will make it the unrelenting deflective talking point if he picks Washington.
Don’t get me wrong, I have no idea if that’s what’s actually going on. It may or may not make a difference in this case. But it does happen. We’ve seen so many shady things keep top recruits away for the last few years. It just gets tiring.

Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
Don’t get me wrong, I have no idea if that’s what’s actually going on. It may or may not make a difference in this case. But it does happen. We’ve seen so many shady things keep top recruits away for the last few years. It just gets tiring.

So Kentucky’s as clean as the wind driven snow but everyone else is cheating and that’s why we’re at a disadvantage ? What are you crazy lmao

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
He gone. So is Blackshear. So much optimism for nothing.

This is called being spoiled. Literally. Have you checked on our recruiting class ranking, like, TODAY?!?! Without any of these other guys?!?! Get back to me when you do.

It’s very rarely only one handler.

The more hands in the cookie jar the harder it’s going to be for UK.

This is called being spoiled. Literally. Have you checked on our recruiting class ranking, like, TODAY?!?! Without any of these other guys?!?! Get back to me when you do.

McDaniels is more important and a better pro prospect than anyone else we’ve got. I’d trade him for anyone else coming in easily

Reactions: kywildcat41086
So handlers generate their money and then control their money? Why would a top 10 recruit need them to generate money for them? Seems crazy. But hell, what do I know
I think it’s mostly because 18y/os are dumb as f***. And gullible.

Some families want what is best for their kids. Some just want to stuff their own pockets without delay.

Even without handlers, his family would be like the big man on campus if he stays home. All the locals would be like, “hey, aren’t you Jaden’s dad(mom, uncle, whatever).”. Probably get a few discounts and shit around town. Not so much if he goes to UK.

Going to UK means waiting a year for the money (NBA draft). A lot of people aren’t good with delayed gratification.

I was just talking to my buddy out in Seattle he knows jadens father loosely but he’s friends with the coach at federal way. Says he’s almost sure it’s Kentucky barring some last second change of heart to appease the home school, which is unlikely because UW basketball is basically irrelevant

Reactions: kywildcat41086
So Kentucky’s as clean as the wind driven snow but everyone else is cheating and that’s why we’re at a disadvantage ? What are you crazy lmao

For me, I tend to believe it's more like obeying the speed limit. There are some people who do it, but most will go maybe 60 in a 55 zone. Still illegal, but very few will ever get pulled for that. Some will go 65 in the same 55 zone, and honestly most wont even get pulled for that. However, there are some that will run 70+, and not get pulled for a while, but eventually they will get caught. The guy going 70+ makes his destination faster than the guy going 65 and the other guy going 60. The question is how much are you willing to push the limit to reach your destination first?? And that likely depends on what you drive. Take that however you would like, but a blacked out Ford Explorer that looks a bit like an unmarked police car probably gets more leeway than a McClaren. Even though the McClaren has the resources to go much faster, it's much more susceptible to being pulled.

No, not really everyone? Quit trying to over dramatize to make it look ridiculous. Nobody said EVERYONE else is cheating. Some schools absolutely, 100% are including UNC( duh) Duke, KU, LSU, Auburn? Miami , Arizona...

I was just talking to my buddy out in Seattle he knows jadens father loosely but he’s friends with the coach at federal way. Says he’s almost sure it’s Kentucky barring some last second change of heart to appease the home school, which is unlikely because UW basketball is basically irrelevant

Well, that would be great news

Reactions: 21crobe0
No have you? Wasn’t Knox mentioned in one of the reports
Knox was mentioned as possibly having his dinner paid for. That’s a far cry from someone’s family being moved into a million dollar home. Cal has avoided too many dirty players to have been blatantly cheating.
Now THIS I can get behind.

No, not really everyone? Quit trying to over dramatize to make it look ridiculous. Nobody said EVERYONE else is cheating. Some schools absolutely, 100% are including UNC( duh) Duke, KU, LSU, Auburn? Miami , Arizona...

So every big name school except Kentucky and Michigan St basically

No have you? Wasn’t Knox mentioned in one of the reports
Just outed himself as a troll posing as a UK fan. I knew it all along. He's trolling everyone by saying "Mcdaniels is Cat" over and over again. He's trying to get everyone's hopes up. I sniffed him out right away.

Reactions: jace2012
While it would be uncomfortable for awhile, I'd love to see him pull a Terrance Jones - announce for Washington then renege and sign with Kentucky. How hilarious would that be?

This is my most desired outcome. Nobody would care save one dude I know, but it sure would put a smile on my face.

Just outed himself as a troll posing as a UK fan. I knew it all along. He's trolling everyone by saying "Mcdaniels is Cat" over and over again. He's trying to get everyone's hopes up. I sniffed him out right away.

Was Knox not mentioned? yes he was how is that trolling you can look it up for yourself.

Don't take the trolls bait. He knows nothing. Just a rival troll trying to get everyone's hopes up.

Listen schmuck I already know McDaniels is coming I don’t need to hope because I’ve known it since February. You can say I’m trolling all you want you’ll see tomorrow I was right. Or later today actually

So one mere twitter post means the McDaniels is taking money from a Washington handler?
I’m confused, I thought someone said his handler tweeted out something to the effect of losing Jaden if he went to UK? I don’t believe Jaden or his family is taking money but I thought the handler is the one that steers the kid to the school in hopes of getting some money somewhere down the line.

Reactions: jrpross
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT