ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremy Roach returns to Duke

Don’t try to reason with these chicken littles. They don’t have anything to do with their mundane lives but hit the refresh button waiting on any nuggett related to UK basketball. When they don’t hear what they want to hear, they bitch and complain about Cal. They’re a miserable lot.
Yet, here you are, hitting the refresh button, to complain about what other UK fans are saying that you don't agree with.
Some of you guys lack the ability to understand that not everyone shares the same opinions. Once you realize that, your time on here will be more enjoyable.

Don’t try to reason with these chicken littles. They don’t have anything to do with their mundane lives but hit the refresh button waiting on any nuggett related to UK basketball. When they don’t hear what they want to hear, they bitch and complain about Cal. They’re a miserable lot.
what kind of clown are you to pass judgement on any one! just because you love the idiot of a coach that has led UK to the bottom and become a laughing stock, don't say anything about those of us that seek higher ground. People like you that just sit on their hands and say everything is great is what is wrong with this country. Let those of us that work keep on supporting those that don't or won't.

Bro we just went 9-16, followed that up by getting smoked by a 15 seed in the first round and finally redeemed ourselves by... (*drumroll please*)

going out with a whimper in the majestic second round against a college basketball superpower also known as Kansas State?

Meanwhile, our rivals are going to Final Fours and racking up 1 seeds (something UK hasn't done in almost a decade) & our coach is overpaid, washed-up and lazy and is more concerned with the Draft Green Room than winning another title.

So please, enlighten me, what the heck should we look forward to with this guy running the program?!

Shouldn't really matter- if he wants to stay, he won't play, so either way it won't really impact Duke's season.
You might be right on that. I haven't tried to forecast who plays how much at Duke. But the aggravating part for me is that Duke will likely benefit much more by Foster playing a backup role - both this upcoming season and the next. He's a very good high school shooter now, and will help Duke quite a bit off the bench in my opinion. But he could really be tough as a sophomore - and if he isn't starting I would assume there's a good chance he's back for a sophomore year.

Gotta think Foster and another big will decommit with Roach returning and if another big man transfer comes in.

With the portal window passing, only freshmen and graduate seniors can leave now without sitting a year out. So that leaves Ryan Young, Stewart or Power as the only bigs able to leave.

Time for Cal to throw the bank at Oscar to return.

That would make us solidly 10 deep (assuming Johnson commits which we all expect).
Time for him to stop playing coy and just be going for blood.
Don’t try to reason with these chicken littles. They don’t have anything to do with their mundane lives but hit the refresh button waiting on any "nuggett" related to UK basketball. When they don’t hear what they want to hear, they bitch and complain about Cal. They’re a miserable lot.
There's lots to "bitch and complain" about Cal at the moment. I always hope for the best, but his track record lately is not great.

Sheyer is close to assembling the best team at Duke in quite a while and via the old fashioned way of bringing back highly rated, established, proven talent

Reactions: RunninRichie
Yet, here you are, hitting the refresh button, to complain about what other UK fans are saying that you don't agree with.
Some of you guys lack the ability to understand that not everyone shares the same opinions. Once you realize that, your time on here will be more enjoyable.
Throw a rock into a crowd and the first dog it hits yelps. The biggest dog is yelping.

Sheyer is close to assembling the best team at Duke in quite a while and via the old fashioned way of bringing back highly rated, established, proven talent
Best since the Zion team at least, you know the one K led to an easy championshi...oh wait

Best since the Zion team at least, you know the one K led to an easy championshi...oh wait
Freshmen my good man. Freshmen. The key word in my statement is “via the old fashioned way.”

Duke will most likely NOT start a freshman this year, in spite of bringing in some highly recruited talent.

Does that mean a championship? Of course not. But this is as close as a sure thing in terms of a very good team as it gets in my humble opinion,

Reactions: Jacket4 and dl51344
Throw a rock into a crowd and the first dog it hits yelps. The biggest dog is yelping.

No offense but that's the dumbest saying, ever. Completely idiotic. But since Cal said it you guys constantly reuse it. It's right up there with "faaaar ____"
Some of these guys not only drink up every little word their hero says with a spoon, but they actually start repeating his goofy phrases back to us. Pretty good sign we know where a guy stands when he actually starts repeating Cal's useless played out phrases back to you.

😂😂😂, man, you love you some John Calipari.

You’re so obsessed with him that you will even come on here and use his bullshit lines, knowing we all know where it came from. You're a Cal fanboy and nothing more.
🤣I've been watching and following UK basketball long enough to remember Coach Rupp, Joe B, Eddie, Rick, Billy G and Cal so I have no allegiance to any particular coach. You're just a little whiny ass. Cry more little girl.

🤣I've been watching and following UK basketball long enough to remember Coach Rupp, Joe B, Eddie, Rick, Billy G and Cal so I have no allegiance to any particular coach. You're just a little whiny ass. Cry more little girl.
It truly is hard to believe that someone who has been around as long as you have been (allegedly) would actually start repeating Cal-isms back to the rest of us. You have a long history with this program and the best you can do is the dog in a crowd line?

I've been following UK basketball since1968 when Issel played. I've seen the great times, I've seen the bad times. The ebbs and flows. Some of our fanbase, you included, live in an alternate reality. I've got news for you, whining and bitchng EVERY SINGLE POST isn't going to magically make this team better, one post I can understand, But posters like you and @kyjeff1 @Son_Of_Saul among others are way over the top with your whining and bitching. People get sick and tired of seeing you clowns (none of you have ever coached a D1 basketball game in your life) spouting your bullshit on everything from recruiting to coaching, It's rather comical. It's no small wonder the entire college world makes fun of Rupp Rafters. i would be embarrassed but I know you rubes are a bunch of losers with no lives other than Kentucky Basketball so I kind of feel sorry for you. Go outside, get some sunshine and when you come back inside, get some p****y. it will make you feel better. Kentucky Basketball isn't going anywhere. Cal will have a roster put together soon enough.
If you have been a UK basketball fan for as long as you claim, there is no way you are anything but disappointed in what Cal has done to this program.

He turned it into an NBA farm system and runs it so that the program takes a back seat to individual players that don't give a rip about UK basketball.

What the hell are we supposed to be positive about? Let me guess, another recruiting class banner? Yeah, whatever.

I'm waiting on you to tell me you can't hide me here, or you don't want to take my heart.

Last edited:
Some of these guys not only drink up every little word their hero says with a spoon, but they actually start repeating his goofy phrases back to us. Pretty good sign we know where a guy stands when he actually starts repeating Cal's useless played out phrases back to you.
And another butthurt dog hit. You LODs are simple and easy.

And another butthurt dog hit. You LODs are simple and easy.
I'm actually fine. Really a reasonable easy guy to have a conversation with. Definitely not a LOD, but thanks. The dog in a crowd line is a dead giveaway of what you actually are, I'm just trying to give you a heads up on it. Be better to not use that one from now on if you want to try to keep up the facade IMO.

Cal deserves every bitch and complain he gets!! As he says... earned not given!!!

If you have been a UK basketball fan for as long as you claim, there is no way you are anything but disappointed in what Cal has done to this program.

He turned it into an NBA farm system and runs it so that the program takes a back seat to individual players that don't give a rip about UK basketball.

What the hell are we supposed to be positive about? Let me guess, another recruiting class banner? Yeah, whatever.
That's just IT. None of us are happy with the recent results. But GD man, EVERY freakin post you make is a whiny ass bitchfest, How many times to you have to tell us? We get it dude.

Hey @BBN1 , let me ask you this:
What if Cal steers this 23/24 team to a 20-12 record, 1 and done in the SECT and loses before the sweet 16? What will your take be?

What if he goes to the NBA draft green room and after the draft, tells everyone that the '24 NBA draft was the greatest night in UK history? How would you feel?

You mean to tell me the 2010 draft was greater than the '96 title? The '78 title? ANY UK title?

Reactions: kywildcat41086
I'm actually fine. Really a reasonable easy guy to have a conversation with. Definitely not a LOD, but thanks. The dog in a crowd line is a dead giveaway of what you actually are, I'm just trying to give you a heads up on it. Be better to not use that one from now on if you want to try to keep up the facade IMO.
Damn that must of left a bruise, You're yelping hard. Rub some dirt on it, It'll eventually go away.

That's just IT. None of us are happy with the recent results. But GD man, EVERY freakin post you make is a whiny ass bitchfest, How many times to you have to tell us? We get it dude.
Every post huh? So, after the UT and Arkansas road games, my threads praising Cal for the job he did to win those games, was "a whiny ass bitchfest"??? Tell me, how so?

Reactions: kywildcat41086
The Duke hype is getting over the top….(1) they saved their season after really struggling in the non-conference by beating up on a very very weak ACC. (2) The entire key to that run was Lively and his defensive excellence which caused the team defense to rapidly improve. Duke has some nice pieces and above average talent and I’d expect them to be a Top 15 team. But the team defense is going to be an issue. And it’s still a major question who is going to play Center? So no they aren’t a top 5 team right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT