ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremy Roach returns to Duke

I have one account and one account only. I don’t spend my every waking hour on a message board fretting over decisions 18, 19 and 20 yr old kids make.
Put anybody that constantly accuses you of using multiple accounts on ignore if you aren’t doing so. I have been logged in on my phone and computer for months on a non-vpn IP without a single logout. I’m guessing mods can see when a person logs in or out. Anyway, anybody that thinks it’s all one person that doesn’t care for there posts is living in an arrogant dream world and the odds of THEM actually using multiple account is very high I would guess, lol. Use ignore. Great feature here.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Son_Of_Saul
He's definitely Rafters Kerry Rhodes... [roll]

giphy.gif
We need to start a group and call ourselves The Goonies. Calipari is that fat old lady who was the mom to the two criminals.

Finding One Eyes Willy's gold is the equivalent to getting a new coach. One Eyed Willy is essentially Adolph Rupp.

The Goonies roster:

@kywildcat41086
@Cowtown Cat
@RunninRichie
@STL_Cat
@Fox2monk
@the nail at the foul line
@JHannibalSmith
@MbergCat
@CatPhight
@kyjeff1

Who else wants in? Here's a shot of our crew looking for potential coaching replacements:

282b1401d35084fdf8edcde132ecd983.gif

Last edited:
We need to start a group and call ourselves The Goonies. Calipari is that fat old lady who was the mom to the two criminals.

Finding One Eyes Willy's gold is the equivalent to getting a new coach. One Eyed Willy is essentially Adolph Rupp.

The Goonies roster:

@kywildcat41086
@Cowtown Cat
@RunninRichie
@STL_Cat
@Fox2monk
@JHannibalSmith
@MbergCat
@CatPhight

Who else wants in? Here's a shot of our crew looking for potential coaching replacements:

no-no-cut-it-out.gif

The portal is closed except for grad transfers and if he wanted to go with Ugo why was he all over Hunter?
Right, so more players can enter the portal. Just because he wanted Hunter does NOT mean he also has to want Udeh, not even close to the same player.

Point being, just because someone is in the portal does NOT mean Cal/staff have to go after them. Posters on here act like Cal should be going after everyone, and everyone should be dying to come to UK to be the 11th player on the roster, backup to the backup.

Not enough minutes for all of the players they have IMO. Also they have to coach those players and ego's and with the staff's inexperience I am not all that concerned they can get the job done.

• Haha
Reactions: kyjeff1
Right, so more players can enter the portal. Just because he wanted Hunter does NOT mean he also has to want Udeh, not even close to the same player.

Point being, just because someone is in the portal does NOT mean Cal/staff have to go after them. Posters on here act like Cal should be going after everyone, and everyone should be dying to come to UK to be the 11th player on the roster, backup to the backup.

Exactly. Assuming Reeves and Tshiebwe come back, along with Keshad Johnson, we will have a 10 deep rotation so people are just quibbling over the Collins/Ware replacement. Would I like more depth? Of course, but it's not a huge failure to leave those spots open at this time. Give it a month. If Tshiebwe stays in the draft, then we should be looking at some other more impactful options. All these draft guys Nkamhoua, Nelson, and Brown are in the same boat as Tshiebwe.

Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Bradshaw
Tshiebwe

Dillingham
Sheppard
Thiero
Johnson
Onyenso

Exactly. Assuming Reeves and Tshiebwe come back, along with Keshad Johnson, we will have a 10 deep rotation so people are just quibbling over the Collins/Ware replacement. Would I like more depth? Of course, but it's not a huge failure to leave those spots open at this time. Give it a month. If Tshiebwe stays in the draft, then we should be looking at some other more impactful options. All these draft guys Nkamhoua, Nelson, and Brown are in the same boat as Tshiebwe.

Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Bradshaw
Tshiebwe

Dillingham
Sheppard
Thiero
Johnson
Onyenso
When you look at the most likely things that are going to happen, you will see that the concern is real:

Most likely to happen:
-Oscar stays in the draft
-Livingston stays in the draft
-Nelson stays in the draft
-Brown stays in the draft, or stays at Missouri
-Nkamhoua stays in the draft, or goes elsewhere. He's not a center anyway.
-Ugo is our only center
-Reeves comes back
-Miranda becomes a serious option, but he's a step down from Oscar
-at least 1 of our incoming freshmen will be a bust

Now, when you look at our options once all these things happen, you see just how screwed we are.

Reactions: bookerfan66

The Goonies roster:

@kywildcat41086
@Cowtown Cat
@RunninRichie
@STL_Cat
@Fox2monk
@JHannibalSmith
@MbergCat
@CatPhight

I like it! I’m sure @kyjeff1 @St.PatterSoN-54- @ManitouDan would be good members. @Dontworryboutit23 ? @Philstat ? @bigbluedon is definitely looking for a replacement. @BlueSince92 @chroix

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
Yeah BBN1, take jload's advice and when you do, just remember, he's on his 10th account for a reason.

And his name is freaking "JLoad". Sounds disgusting.
Notice how Baller claims he’s not using a VPN? Lol 😂 he’s forgot that on one of his many accounts on here, he bragged about using it to make another username when he got banned.

When you look at the most likely things that are going to happen, you will see that the concern is real:

Most likely to happen:
-Ugo is our only center
-Reeves comes back

Now, when you look at our options once all these things happen, you see just how screwed we are.
I’m hoping Oscar comes back but I am worried what will happen if he doesn’t.

Well maybe not the best starting 5 they’ve had. But from a depth standpoint, they go 10 deep with very high quality players and a good amount of experience.
Outside of Flipowski, I don't see a guy on their roster that will even be an All-ACC performer. Maybe 1 of them surprises and is like 3rd team All-ACC.
But yeah, their bench looks solid/good.

Most likely to happen:
-Ugo is our only center
-Reeves comes back

I both agree and disagree with much of this.

- I think Oscar stays in, but put it at 60/40. Honestly not sure Cal wants him back (right or wrong), and not because he's not good, but because Cal has seen how far he can go with that style and wants to get back to a more athletic shot blocking team.
- If Livingston stays in, he is dumb, but lots of kids have made the same dumb decision. So agree. But I think Cal knows what he will likely do, and has told Johnson that. And as soon as it is "official" then Johnson commits.
- Nelson was a pipe dream. Agree.
- Brown was another pipe dream. Agree.
- Nkamhoua, may stay in, but is probably more like a backup plan to Johnson
- Ugo is will be a solid center. Bradshaw can play there if needed, and yes I think he is too weak to be our C. But I think Onyenso will be good. Not good as Cal says. But I think he could be say 3rd-team all-SEC good with 8-10 pts and reb and 2-3 blk.
- Reeves, agree.
- Miranda, I guess could be him or some grad-transfer, but we do need a backup C stronger than Bradshaw
- I wouldn't say 1 of our FR will "bust", but I do agree & odds say 1 will be a disappointment (I think it will be Bradshaw). But I also think Edwards will be our best FR since Fox/Monk/Bam, or Murray. I think Wagner will be our best lead guard since Fox, or at least since SGA. I think he'll have similar #'s to Fox, and has that "dog" in him. Dillingham could be really good, or really disappointing, or anywhere in between. And Sheppard, sorry BBN, won't play a lot as a FR (but will as a Soph).
- And if we don't add someone like Johnson, I'm not sure Theiro couldn't be that type player for us.

So despite all the uncertainty of what our team will look like, I do like the pieces and potential. Admittedly, I'd like it more with a better coach.

Outside of Flipowski, I don't see a guy on their roster that will even be an All-ACC performer. Maybe 1 of them surprises and is like 3rd team All-ACC.
I believe Roach and Proctor will both play at a very high level, but of course we are all just guessing until we see how it plays out on the court.

I both agree and disagree with much of this.

- I think Oscar stays in, but put it at 60/40. Honestly not sure Cal wants him back (right or wrong), and not because he's not good, but because Cal has seen how far he can go with that style and wants to get back to a more athletic shot blocking team.
- If Livingston stays in, he is dumb, but lots of kids have made the same dumb decision. So agree. But I think Cal knows what he will likely do, and has told Johnson that. And as soon as it is "official" then Johnson commits.
- Nelson was a pipe dream. Agree.
- Brown was another pipe dream. Agree.
- Nkamhoua, may stay in, but is probably more like a backup plan to Johnson
- Ugo is will be a solid center. Bradshaw can play there if needed, and yes I think he is too weak to be our C. But I think Onyenso will be good. Not good as Cal says. But I think he could be say 3rd-team all-SEC good with 8-10 pts and reb and 2-3 blk.
- Reeves, agree.
- Miranda, I guess could be him or some grad-transfer, but we do need a backup C stronger than Bradshaw
- I wouldn't say 1 of our FR will "bust", but I do agree & odds say 1 will be a disappointment (I think it will be Bradshaw). But I also think Edwards will be our best FR since Fox/Monk/Bam, or Murray. I think Wagner will be our best lead guard since Fox, or at least since SGA. I think he'll have similar #'s to Fox, and has that "dog" in him. Dillingham could be really good, or really disappointing, or anywhere in between. And Sheppard, sorry BBN, won't play a lot as a FR (but will as a Soph).
- And if we don't add someone like Johnson, I'm not sure Theiro couldn't be that type player for us.

So despite all the uncertainty of what our team will look like, I do like the pieces and potential. Admittedly, I'd like it more with a better coach.
I don't see where you really disagreed with anything I said, I mean you adjusted a couple things, but we're saying, pretty much, the same things.

But, you did say something about a grad transfer center if Oscar leaves and Cal doesn't land Miranda. Who would that be? I don't see any viable grad trans options.

At this point, if Oscar doesn’t come back, I feel like we're screwed at the 5 spot. Miranda is probably closer to Sarr than KAT and Ugo wasn’t even good enough to see a second of court time in most games, there's no way he's all-the-sudden going to be good enough to play big minutes, at UK, at the 5 spot.

If Oscar doesn’t come back, Cal will have dropped the ball again.

They had better talent last year
I don't know if they did.They return the bulk of that talent and added to it.Obviously they will be a threat to win the title this coming season and anybody who knows basketball can see that.

Wagner
Reeves
Edwards
Bradshaw
Tshiebwe

Dillingham
Sheppard
Thiero
Johnson
Onyenso
I would assume Oscar stays in the draft, and Reeves returns. Then I would expect Keshad Johnson to commit

So that gives you Onyenso as the only true "center", but obviously Bradshaw can play there when needed. But with Onyenso, Bradshaw, Johnson, Edwards, Thiero - that's a lot of team length, even though. Let's not forget, Oscar was only 6'8 and played our 5, so it's not like having a 7'2 center is some kind of mandate.

Regardless, I'd still expect Cal to add another "big" from the portal.

I don't see where you really disagreed with anything I said, I mean you adjusted a couple things, but we're saying, pretty much, the same things.

But, you did say something about a grad transfer center if Oscar leaves and Cal doesn't land Miranda. Who would that be? I don't see any viable grad trans options.

At this point, if Oscar doesn’t come back, I feel like we're screwed at the 5 spot. Miranda is probably closer to Sarr than KAT and Ugo wasn’t even good enough to see a second of court time in most games, there's no way he's all-the-sudden going to be good enough to play big minutes, at UK, at the 5 spot.

If Oscar doesn’t come back, Cal will have dropped the ball again.
I don't have a particular grad-transfer C. Seems like every year there is a surprise one or two though.

But no, I disagree that we are screwed at the C spot (if no Oscar). I think Onyenso will be solid, say a top 20 C nationally. I don't think Onyenso "wasn't good enough" last year, I think Cal was loyal to Ware and he couldn't not play Oscar. Look at the pre-Oscar games in Nov, Onyenso was much better than Ware.
In NOV, Onyenso played 71min, with 28 pts, 28 reb, 13 blks.
In NOV, Ware played 88min, with 28 pts, 14 reb, 8 blks.
And there have been examples of guys, especially big guys taking a huge leap forward. The biggest was Will Purdue who barely played his 1st 2 years at Vandy before playing at an All-American level his JR & SR years.
Or more recently there was Richards who most considered a disappointment his first 2 years, but half way through his JR year we were discussing on here him be a candidate for SEC POY. Harrellson who couldn't find the floor for 2 years, playing well starting for a Final 4 team

I don't have a particular grad-transfer C. Seems like every year there is a surprise one or two though.

But no, I disagree that we are screwed at the C spot (if no Oscar). I think Onyenso will be solid, say a top 20 C nationally. I don't think Onyenso "wasn't good enough" last year, I think Cal was loyal to Ware and he couldn't not play Oscar. Look at the pre-Oscar games in Nov, Onyenso was much better than Ware.
In NOV, Onyenso played 71min, with 28 pts, 28 reb, 13 blks.
In NOV, Ware played 88min, with 28 pts, 14 reb, 8 blks.
And there have been examples of guys, especially big guys taking a huge leap forward. The biggest was Will Purdue who barely played his 1st 2 years at Vandy before playing at an All-American level his JR & SR years.
Or more recently there was Richards who most considered a disappointment his first 2 years, but half way through his JR year we were discussing on here him be a candidate for SEC POY. Harrellson who couldn't find the floor for 2 years, playing well starting for a Final 4 team
We'll have to agree to disagree. Against legit competition, Onyenso got taken to school. Drew Timme made him look very pedestrian.

Bradshaw made it clear he does not want to play the 5 and since he belongs to klutch, he won't play the 5. Heck, he thinks he's a 3.

Cal needs to get a legit 5 man, or play 2 power forwards and change how he wants to play (doubt that happens).

Proctor was a projected 1st round pick if he entered this year, if hes not at least an All conference guy, he would end up being a disappointment.

I don't know if they did.They return the bulk of that talent and added to it.Obviously they will be a threat to win the title this coming season and anybody who knows basketball can see that.
They still have the same coach.

I think what he is saying is that a grad transfer could still declare to transfer that isn't in it yet so who knows who that could be. I think the current grad transfer guys (like Jamarion Sharp) can also decommit just like a freshman could.

Within the current portal are a few bigs that could help platoon or backup Onyenso if need be ~ Aziz Bandaogo, Carte'Are Gordon, Alexis Yetna, or Malcolm Dandridge.

Ohhh the irony. There sure appears to be one guy posting round’ these parts with multiple accounts, and it ain't jload22 as this is my only one. He always outs himself because he makes up outrageous LIES to try and make those he hates look bad.

gromwoodysonofbbnwildcatkIttyPhigt and many, many more.

[roll]

Last edited:
We'll have to agree to disagree. Against legit competition, Onyenso got taken to school. Drew Timme made him look very pedestrian.

Bradshaw made it clear he does not want to play the 5 and since he belongs to klutch, he won't play the 5. Heck, he thinks he's a 3.

Cal needs to get a legit 5 man, or play 2 power forwards and change how he wants to play (doubt that happens).
I’m hoping to see a solid improvement with Onyenso. It’s obvious he’s worked really hard in the weight room in the pictures I’ve seen.

Ohhh the irony. There sure appears to be one guy posting in this thread with multiple accounts, and it ain't jload22 as this is my only one. He always outs himself because he makes up outrageous LIES to try and make those he hates look bad.

gromwoodysonofbbnwildcatkIttyPhigt and many, many more.

[roll]
We all know you’ve had many accounts on here. Grow up and act your age. You keep bragging about using ignore, when we all know you’re not. You’re to obsessed with this site, or you wouldn’t have came back after being banned idk how many times.

They still have the same coach.
I don’t understand this comment. Schyer, all things considered, did a great job as a first year head coach. Managed a lot of injuries and kept the team together, playing their best ball late. They just ran into a bad matchup in UT and was missing a key piece in Mark.

All things show that Schyer will be a good solid coach. There hasn’t been a single thing to show differently. He recruits at a high level, won the ACC tournament in his first year and has proven to be willing to adjust both his roster and style as the year went on.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don’t understand this comment. Schyer, all things considered, did a great job as a first year head coach. Managed a lot of injuries and kept the team together, playing their best ball late. They just ran into a bad matchup in UT and was missing a key piece in Mark.

All things show that Schyer will be a good solid coach. There hasn’t been a single thing to show differently. He recruits at a high level, won the ACC tournament in his first year and has proven to be willing to adjust both his roster in style as the year went on.
As I said they still have the same coach.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT