ADVERTISEMENT

Jeremy Roach returns to Duke

I don’t understand this comment. Schyer, all things considered, did a great job as a first year head coach. Managed a lot of injuries and kept the team together, playing their best ball late. They just ran into a bad matchup in UT and was missing a key piece in Mark.

All things show that Schyer will be a good solid coach. There hasn’t been a single thing to show differently. He recruits at a high level, won the ACC tournament in his first year and has proven to be willing to adjust both his roster and style as the year went on.

I'm just glad rat is gone because Sheyer didn't get anywhere close to the same whistle as K got. Was fun to watch dUKe be JAG in the eyes of the zebras.

I'm just glad rat is gone because Sheyer didn't get anywhere close to the same whistle as K got. Was fun to watch dUKe be JAG in the eyes of the zebras.
Right, they definitely did have a different whistle last year, even cost them a game at Virginia.

K may be gone, but I don’t see Duke falling off. ESPN and Nike still keep them in the spot light and keep them as a national brand.

Right, they definitely did have a different whistle last year, even cost them a game at Virginia.

K may be gone, but I don’t see Duke falling off. ESPN and Nike still keep them in the spot light and keep them as a national brand.

How long you been a Duke fan? [eyeroll]

How long you been a Duke fan? [eyeroll]
Changing the topic to my fandom because I agree and provide an example to your own statement?

I just enjoy college basketball, UK, Duke, KU it’s all good stuff to me. Mainly because I played, Duke is a national brand that’s grown bigger than just one coach. People hoping that they’ll suddenly disappear are simply lying to themselves. Coach Scheyer is the perfect new age coach to lead any team in this new era of NIL and he has done a great job so far. Time will tell if he continues his success.

The old guard is changing, college basketball today is unrecognizable compared to just eight years ago.

I don't have a particular grad-transfer C. Seems like every year there is a surprise one or two though.

But no, I disagree that we are screwed at the C spot (if no Oscar). I think Onyenso will be solid, say a top 20 C nationally. I don't think Onyenso "wasn't good enough" last year, I think Cal was loyal to Ware and he couldn't not play Oscar. Look at the pre-Oscar games in Nov, Onyenso was much better than Ware.
In NOV, Onyenso played 71min, with 28 pts, 28 reb, 13 blks.
In NOV, Ware played 88min, with 28 pts, 14 reb, 8 blks.
And there have been examples of guys, especially big guys taking a huge leap forward. The biggest was Will Purdue who barely played his 1st 2 years at Vandy before playing at an All-American level his JR & SR years.
Or more recently there was Richards who most considered a disappointment his first 2 years, but half way through his JR year we were discussing on here him be a candidate for SEC POY. Harrellson who couldn't find the floor for 2 years, playing well starting for a Final 4 team
Is a top 20 national center good enough for Cal to win with now? IMHO not even close.

That’s Louisville bad recruiting. Exactly what Payne ended up hoping for last year. Miranda.
And this is where the whole thing goes to crap.

Even Cal supporters readily admit that Cal needs elite talent to win. Little do they know, that’s not a compliment to Cal in the least, but it’s true.

So, we are going to end up with sub par talent at the center position and need I remind everyone, Cal's offense relies heavily on the center being an elite post player.

Aaaaand, on defense, Cal can't win without elite shot blocking. Is Ugo going to be good enough to defend without fouling? It didn’t look to me like he was ready for the bright lights the few times he did get to play.

Reactions: Fox2monk

Even Cal supporters readily admit that Cal needs elite talent to win. Little do they know, that’s not a compliment to Cal in the least, but it’s true.

So, we are going to end up with sub par talent at the center position and need I remind everyone, Cal's offense relies heavily on the center being an elite post player.

Aaaaand, on defense, Cal can't win without elite shot blocking. Is Ugo going to be good enough to defend without fouling? It didn’t look to me like he was ready for the bright lights the few times he did get to play.
100% spot on. I think we all know UGO could be really good but he would need a huge step to be the guy we need right now.

I have to hope that something will happen from a player withdrawing from the draft that may end up coming to Lexington that's not Oscar.I mean of course if Oscar wants to come back then fine but I'm not feeling him returning and if Onyenso is it at the 5,we are hurting.

Reactions: kyjeff1
I have to hope that something will happen from a player withdrawing from the draft that may end up coming to Lexington that's not Oscar.I mean of course if Oscar wants to come back then fine but I'm not feeling him returning and if Onyenso is it at the 5,we are hurting.
My thoughts exactly

Reactions: Catfan2226
Looks like it might be Ugo/Miranda sharing the 5.Both are both really freshmen with Ugo not playing much and Miranda going to NC state in the middle of the season and not playing.Maybe one of them will surprise us because I don't see many other options at all.

Looks like it might be Ugo/Miranda sharing the 5.Both are both really freshmen with Ugo not playing much and Miranda going to NC state in the middle of the season and not playing.Maybe one of them will surprise us because I don't see many other options at all.
If that's it,we will have to hope they have a hell of a surprise in store.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT