ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff Sheppard's black and blue ankle in '98

A little off topic, but a memory nonetheless. Sometime during 98 season, WWF wrestling had a big event in Louisville on a weeknight, Freedom Hall I guess. I think it was Jeff, Padgett, and I think Cameron hung out a lot. They could only score two tickets to the WWF event, so only Scott and Cameron went. They got a brief view on TV and they had a home made sign that said "Hi Shep!" LOL. Anybody else remember that?

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
A little off topic, but a memory nonetheless. Sometime during 98 season, WWF wrestling had a big event in Louisville on a weeknight, Freedom Hall I guess. I think it was Jeff, Padgett, and I think Cameron hung out a lot. They could only score two tickets to the WWF event, so only Scott and Cameron went. They got a brief view on TV and they had a home made sign that said "Hi Shep!" LOL. Anybody else remember that?

@bigbluehomer

Last edited:
Different kind of guys playing 18-20 years ago! They are soft as Charmin now days!
Really? Because they leave to make money? That has nothing to do with toughness.
I guess Sam Bowie didn't need surgery huh?
All injuries aren't the same guy. You either need surgery or you don't

Reactions: Zissou87
I remember that it looked awful. Remember them talking about treatment basically 24 hours a day. Getting the blood flowing thru the ankle make it bruise up like it did. Also helped it heal quicker. I remember them talking about Fast Eddie messaging his ankle for hours trying to get the blood flowing and working the soreness out of his ankle. It was amazing he came back that quick and didn't seem to have any after effects of it. Shep played like a man possessed during that Championship run.
Players were tough back then. They are extremely soft now.

Reactions: fabcat
Played his ass off every game. And a really nice guy when I've met him.
He was super nice to me at a gas station I ran into him at. He had his son with him but he was super young. He was going to the lake I live on. He still had hair so I think it was 2006ish cause I'd just been rotated out of Iraq.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
It wasn't just what Shepp accomplished at Kentucky, it was about the manner in which he accomplished it. He was all hustle, heart, and selflessness. He was a throwback, in a dieing era, of guys playing for the name on the front. Simply put, Jeff Sheppard was a Kentucky Wildcat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT