ADVERTISEMENT

Jeff,looks like you need some ayahuasca buddy

I've said this in another couple threads over the past week.

What I love most about Reed is that he always has a "been-there-done-that" demeanor. Never up or down with him. Never flaps his jersey, trash talks, jumps up and down or hangs his head. Just goes about his business.

I dig that.

I think it is a different type of emotion.

Stacy is fired up. Jeff looks like he is so proud he is about to shed a tear.

I cannot imagine the level of pride they have and especially from Jeff's perspective. He won two titles here and now his boy is trying to do the same. If he does it propels the Sheppard family into first family status at UK.

What I love most about Reed is that he always has a "been-there-done-that" demeanor. Never up or down with him. Never flaps his jersey, trash talks, jumps up and down or hangs his head. Just goes about his business.

I dig that.

He also seems to step up when the lights are brightest. I remember he played Dilly last summer in a game and absolutely shredded him. His best games have been when lights are brightest here too.

Semper, you misunderstand my point. Many on this site think unless you stand and scream the entire game that you are a bad fan. My point is that some of us are wound so tightly that other than the periodic cheer for a great play we can’t celebrate by the type of cheering until victory is assured.

Which is exactly how Reed is.

After watching North Laurel play over the past 5 years, prior to Reed coming to UK, Jeff always looked nervous for his kid. That’s understandable and he just lets Stacey do all the rowdy stuff.😁😁😁
When my son pitched in college I agonized over every pitch. But I will say when he struck out somebody or got out of a tough jam I would show some emotion.

Semper, you misunderstand my point. Many on this site think unless you stand and scream the entire game that you are a bad fan. My point is that some of us are wound so tightly that other than the periodic cheer for a great play we can’t celebrate by the type of cheering until victory is assured.
Roger that.

He looks to me like he has his game face on and is pretty oblivious to all that's happening around him. I'm sure he's reliving his days through Reeds eyes and laser focused on the game. Just my opinion.

Like the folks in church that think they're worshipping better because they're waving their hands vs the old lady sitting in silent reverence. To each their own and all good by me.

I knew tha

I dig that.
I knew that you would

I cannot imagine the level of pride they have and especially from Jeff's perspective. He won two titles here and now his boy is trying to do the same. If he does it propels the Sheppard family into first family status at UK.
Think it is harder watching Reed than it was playing.
He has done a good job teaching Reed how to play the game the right way

I dig that.
I remember sometime during the game maybe it was Wooga Poplar he scored on Reed and kinda trash talked Reed. He just turned, ran past him, and went back to playing offense. Never even looked at the guy.

If that happens their family would have a hand in 33% of our titles.

Yeah man. In 2012 the title game I literally bit off all my fingernails.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT