ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Brown to Kentucky.....

Not falling for it. I think there is a contingent out there who would like to pump up the UK angle just to get a rise out of the fans and wallow in in our angst when Brown goes elsewhere.

Reactions: Brando Mac
Id%20hit%20it_zpsdyfghqxh.gif
Id%20hit%20it_zpsdyfghqxh.gif

Not falling for it. I think there is a contingent out there who would like to pump up the UK angle just to get a rise out of the fans and wallow in in our angst when Brown goes elsewhere.
That's what I'm thinking. I mean I'm sure we have a chance, but I'm not getting my hopes up until he's signed. Not after all the misses this class.

I will say, every other rumor that comes out right before the announcement lately (and has been against UK) has seemingly come true. Hopefully it continues...

Wasn't there a popular twitter account that used to make UK predictions in code?

TGIFOS

I have always felt the family angle to Michigan was overstated----I have no sources. So, his extended family may get to see him at mich, but his immediate family could see him at UK ? UK is half way between Michigan and Georgia! They both could see him if he came here! I really want Brown and I hope this is true!!!!! Plus one of our posters did state the gf angle going to ut. That can't hurt either

I have always felt the family angle to Michigan was overstated----I have no sources. So, his extended family may get to see him at mich, but his immediate family could see him at UK ? UK is half way between Michigan and Georgia! They both could see him if he came here! I really want Brown and I hope this is true!!!!! Plus one of our posters did state the gf angle going to ut. That can't hurt either

I mean, good lord, if playing in front of family is all that mattered like some say, he could go to Georgia, where his immediate family resides. At least they made the tournament last season.

If this is true then UK wins the title. He puts us over the top with skill and athleticism. Brown with Briscoe and Ulis will be as dynamic a backcourt and wing as UK has ever seen.

Probably. Most athletic forward combo in the nation to play alongside the presumptive #1 overall pick? Throw in two elite playmakers and away we gooooooooooo!

I mean, good lord, if playing in front of family is all that mattered like some say, he could go to Georgia, where his immediate family resides. At least they made the tournament last season.

Who is saying that's all that matters? It's a combination of family, Adidas, and Michigan being a decent program.

Because nobody else saw Ingram to Duke or Diallo to Kansas....

What was his call on Newman?

Few seen Diallo to Kansas. Fewer than you think at least. Ingram to Duke is an easy call, but the way he advertised that info is bold. He was still considering UNC, mind you.
Also, he didn't predict on Newman, I don't think. I'd have to go dig at it.

Scout analyst confirms that the rumors were false.

Which one? The only one I really pay attention to is Daniels. Frankly, the only person I look to confirm or deny rumors one way or another is the person that they're about.

I feel like I'm part of the majority here who haven't feel good about Brown coming here for a while. If this turns out to be true this would be a huge surprise from what a lot of us have been expecting - would be awesome to have him aboard.

Reactions: bigc45157
I don't know when or where Jaylen Brown will commit. I don't know if his shoe preference will influence his decision, and I don't know if his parents have anything against Kentucky. I don't know if straighthoops.com has any better idea about Brown than I do. But I do know 2 things for sure. Brown's game fits well in Calipari's system. And if Brown wants playing time, now is the best time in several years for a high school senior with his skills to commit to Kentucky. Calipari could use several more pieces for next year. In a perfect world, a couple more wings and another baseline player would be nice. But if I could pick just 1 of those, we need a dominant wing forward who can run and score. And Brown fits that description.

Reactions: UKEE
I don't know when or where Jaylen Brown will commit. I don't know if his shoe preference will influence his decision, and I don't know if his parents have anything against Kentucky. I don't know if straighthoops.com has any better idea about Brown than I do. But I do know 2 things for sure. Brown's game fits well in Calipari's system. And if Brown wants playing time, now is the best time in several years for a high school senior with his skills to commit to Kentucky. Calipari could use several more pieces for next year. In a perfect world, a couple more wings and another baseline player would be nice. But if I could pick just 1 of those, we need a dominant wing forward who can run and score. And Brown fits that description.

I can agree on this. After all this month has given us, I'm not going to get optimistic until some real smoke starts pouring out. Just hasn't been our month.

Haven't we learned from making these assumptions?

This and no more 40-0 bullcrap either.

Reactions: Abomb502Cat

Yep, as much as I want to get my hopes up I'm still expecting ADIDAS to screw us over for that elusive "transcendent wing" once again.

Reactions: wild mandu
I have to admit that I thought the timing of Kirk's signing with NCST when it was being reported he was finalizing his visit to UK this weekend. He was clearly wanting to come check things out. Then, abruptly, he signs with NCST all of a sudden. It's not impossible to think Cal got word that Brown was likely coming to UK and advised Kirk he wasn't going to be needed after all so the guy fell back on his previous option. No way I believe Kirk "just decided" to not visit and go ahead and sign with NCST.

Exactly Jason. I thought the same thing. Seemed strange to me.

Reactions: brianpoe
Uh, Loney didn't "confirm" anything, he just said "Scout does not have a commitment to report"

The rumor isn't that Brown committed, the rumor is that he will commit to Kentucky.

If we get Brown, we have a phenomenally long, athletic team. Ulis is small at the point but very quick, and every other position will have an insane athlete.

Reactions: ORCAT10
I have to admit that I thought the timing of Kirk's signing with NCST when it was being reported he was finalizing his visit to UK this weekend. He was clearly wanting to come check things out. Then, abruptly, he signs with NCST all of a sudden. It's not impossible to think Cal got word that Brown was likely coming to UK and advised Kirk he wasn't going to be needed after all so the guy fell back on his previous option. No way I believe Kirk "just decided" to not visit and go ahead and sign with NCST.

I thought the same thing but I also thought that Cal might have told Kirk that he doesn't go after committed people with offers after the fact and that he should honor his commitment.

Who knows in this crazy recruiting season....

I do admit that the sudden interest and offer in Kirk seemed to be the result that Diallo had committed elsewhere so the sudden shift again by Kirk 'could' indicate the same for a UK commitment with Brown. Again, all speculation and guessing on my part. Not getting high on this just yet....(but really want to! :D )

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT