ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Brown to Kentucky.....

The thought of the dunks Poy and JB would have at UK next year is very exciting to think about.

Will wait for more smoke (or something official). Crystal Ball unmoved at this point....

JAY-LEN-BROWN

JAY-LEN-BROWN

JAY-LEN-BROWN

rs_500x281-140808102730-cutest-cat-gifs-please.gif

I haven't watched a second of ESPN or listened to any sports radio since the Final Four loss. I think a Jaylen Brown commitment would finally get me out of this almost month long sports funk. Make it happen Cal!

For a program like Duke, yes, I would consider two losses in the first round of the NCAA tourney to 15 seeds and not making it past the Sweet 16 half the time pretty meh. Can you imagine how much we would of been trashed for those results? Let alone the one bad season we have had under Cal. Now obviously winning a title goes along way towards nullifying all of that, as you don't see anyone really bringing up that little tidbit anymore. But just a few months ago, when Duke had just been blown out two games in a row by ACC basement dwellers, I'm willing to wager that the majority of this board would of agreed that Coach K's tenure post-2010 had been pretty "meh" given the roster full of All American's Duke always has.

Wait a second, how can you include the 1st half of this past season but not include the rest of the year? That's just absurd if you ask me and is not any kind of legitimate argument. You can't just count what you want to make your argument sound legit but leave out the rest of the facts. Sure, Duke may have had a couple bad losses but I don't think you would call their season meh by any means just because of that.

To me, the most important things is championships. Yes, Final Fours are nice and I'll take them but it starts and ends with the championship. It trumps everything! It sure as hell trumps a couple bad losses in the tournament. I'm sorry but championships just mean everything to me and trump everything. We hang banners here.

I would trade 4 Final Fours and a title for 2 titles and a couple of first round losses. It's all about the championships. Nobody remembers or cares about the runner-up.

But that doesn't mean what we've accomplished isn't extraordinary.

Exactly!!!! Couldn't say it better myself. Well said!

I tried to give you guys a heads up that none of the top recruits left were coming. I already moved on 2 weeks ago.

Reactions: Da_Bull
Exactly!!!! Couldn't say it better myself. Well said!
Maybe its time for some coaching intstead of players first? I know this will piss everybody off but think about it. We should be and anytime in the past 50 years would probably be very excited about the class and returns we have. So why is the sky falling?SPOILED!!!!!!!

We are spoiled. We still have more all-Americans on our team than almost every team in college basketball.

Cal likes to play 6-7 players. Last year was an exception. We can't expect to carry 9-10 all-Americans every year. lol

UNC fans had no problem with one year "mercenaries" whenever it was Marvin Williams and Brandan Wright. They were one of the forefathers of "mercenary ball"

Good point about Wright. Everyone knew he was one and done when he was a high school junior, and that includes UNC fans.

However Marvin doesn't fit the description. He was not projected as a one and done until UNC won the title, which boosted his draft stock. Then he was faced with the decision to come out and make money to support his single mother, or stay in school like he wanted. He cried when he told his coach he was leaving. He then spent every summer after that on campus at UNC working towards his degree, a fact that got him teased by his NBA teammates routinely. He graduated from college this past season, making him the first ever one and done to earn a degree while playing in the NBA. It took him 10 years to do it. 10 summers of walking to and from classes toting a book bag, while his NBA teammates were vacationing in the tropics.

If you really wanted to talk about the forefather of mercenary bball, you wouldn't even mention Marvin. You would talk about Bob McAdoo. Remember him?

What is funny about Jaylen Brown is nobody on here or any Fans or experts that has been following Brown's recruitment thought Kentucky had a chance landing him. This has been the biggest joke and I was one that wasn't a big fan after watching him throught the ALL-Star games and wasn't that impressed with Brown. So, now in the 2 or 3 weeks he has taken UCLA off his list, Kansas off his list, everyone thought Michigan was leading and then after the Shaun Kirk talking with Coach Cal on Monday Night everyone thought he was visiting this weekend and had a offer until Tuesday morning and then some reason he commits to NCState and then alot of fans & experts thought maybe Brown was coming to UK with all that happened in 24 hrs. with Kirk! Then after all this he turns down UK and Michigan and heads off to California. I just believe once again we have these youngsters loving to play up their announcements and narrowing down 3 or 4 top schools and then ending up at California. It has been quite interesting this spring to see Newman go to Miss. State, Brown to Cal, Zimmerman to UNLV, Diallo to Kansas. We probably lost two because of coaching changes with Howlland arriving in Miss. State and then we lost "Slice" Rohrssen to St. Johns. Those 2 changes hurt us in the Newman and DIallo selections.

Maybe its time for some coaching intstead of players first? I know this will piss everybody off but think about it. We should be and anytime in the past 50 years would probably be very excited about the class and returns we have. So why is the sky falling?SPOILED!!!!!!!

What in the Sam hell are you talking about? Why did you quote my post, which had positively, undeniably, undoubtedly, unequivocally, unmistakably, emphatically, and absolutely nothing to do with anything you said in your post. Nothing! Not even a smidgen of similar topics. We weren't discussing the players or next years class at all nor was anybody in our conversation complaining about this next class and saying the sky is falling. Unless you quoted my post by accident, which is possible with the new layout, your post was completely, utterly, undoubtedly, unequivocally, emphatically, and absolutely off base and without merit. I found your post quite confusing but I'm glad I had a thesaurus beside me to help get my point across. Lol.

Maybe its time for some coaching intstead of players first?!
If you don't think Cal coaches and he just "rolls the balls out" then you're an idiot and you're a prime example of how absolutely ridiculously stupid a large portion of our Internet fan base is.

ADVERTISEMENT