ADVERTISEMENT

Jaylen Brown to Kentucky.....

I must have missed something. What rumor are you referring to?
I believe the rumor was something along the lines of during the McDonald's All American practices Brown shouted that Newman wasn't a point guard (I'm assuming he was ball hogging / jacking up a bunch of shots) and that they didn't get along. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Reactions: RedRiverSaga
I believe the rumor was something along the lines of during the McDonald's All American practices Brown shouted that Newman wasn't a point guard (I'm assuming he was ball hogging / jacking up a bunch of shots) and that they didn't get along. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

It goes back to last summer so way before McD's game but that coulda happened as well...

Reactions: bigc45157
I can definitely see the jaylen brown not wanting to play with newman thing. I can't remember where I saw it but it seemed to have legs. Also true with andrew wiggins and the twins.

I guess that supports the really long wait for Brown then. Maybe waiting for Newman to decide? I really hope he comes to Kentucky.

Brown looks like he plays with some dog in him. Everything that Wiggins was missing. Brown would eat Wiggins's face.

He really wants to develop his game and Beilein is the best in the business at that....Calipari is a fine coach and obviously the best recruiter of all time but Beilein gets his hands on this kid and next year could be really special. .....You all owe us one for Booker anyways....Do you have to get all the ballers I'm mean come on

He really wants to develop his game and Beilein is the best in the business at that....Calipari is a fine coach and obviously the best recruiter of all time but Beilein gets his hands on this kid and next year could be really special. .....You all owe us one for Booker anyways....Do you have to get all the ballers I'm mean come on
hahaha, he's a good coach no doubt, but let's not get crazy.

Reactions: KyCats31

No we don't.. And yes we do.. :)

Michigan is a football school, Kentucky is the greatest tradition in college basketballl history.

The kid isn't going to a school to be developed. He's going to be showcased and drafted after one year. Can he do that at Michigan? Yes, but he will have to play out of position at the 4 a lot with a coach who doesn't have much experience with elite Freshman. At UK he will have sole possession of the 3 spot and play for a coach who works with elite Freshman every year. Common sense says it's UK, but common sense flies past these kids' heads a lot of the time so we'll see what happens.

Reactions: brianpoe
We get Brown, and our odds to win the title dramatically increase. He is the missing piece to next year's team.

@tigergage
As was just said. Good coach, but that takes it way over the top. Not to mention, you already have a wing, and a d*mn good one at that. He comes here, he gets a hall of fame coach who produces numerous NBA players, the best basketball facilities in the country, tons of national exposure, starting off with a ridiculously large fan following that will carry over, and the chance to play in front of rabid fans all the time.

Was it Beilein or Crean you were talking about. Get your stories straight...

Reactions: Brando Mac
Harrisons 3 couple years ago in the elite 8....Recruit Booker for an hour and land him Michigan recruited him for years...I'm telling you 3rd times a charm it's gotta be

Great point about Mudiay. Had totally forgotten about him. So missing on Newman could be the 2nd best miss ever.

Newest Jaylen Brown mixtape available. Easily my favorite one as well.

Harrisons 3 couple years ago in the elite 8....Recruit Booker for an hour and land him Michigan recruited him for years...I'm telling you 3rd times a charm it's gotta be

Hey, why don't you all help us out and try to get some of these Top 10 guys that Duke and Kansas are getting instead of the guys we're in strong with, okay?

Reactions: brianpoe
No I'm good just thinking about how good of a team Michigan is going to have w Brown in the line up.......Houston bound would be my guess probably see UK back as well.....It'd be a hell of a game

You all had a chance to win whenever Stauskas shot it from half court. Thing had at least a 50% chance of going in.

Reactions: Brando Mac
Well, Cal did say "One, maybe two more and we'll be fine". UK's starting 5 of Ulis, Briscoe, Brown, Poy, and Skal would hard to beat anywhere in the country IMO. Lee, Matthews, Hawkins, Mulder, and Willis off the bench. Looks like a legit contender to me.

Since all of your 5 star recruits have shot up the board, and everything.

Beilein is one of the most overrated coaches in the country.

I soooooooo want Brown here at UK.The 3 spot is his.He will not regret making the choice to play college basketball at Kentucky.Everything he wants is right here.C'mon Mr.Brown.......BBN wants you!

With Kirk signing with NC st it starting to look positive since most thought Kirk was ours. Could been told Brown was going to commit or Cal could have used Kirk as leverage to get Brown off the fence

The "owing" goes both ways. Michigan owes us a lifetime of recruits and wins for losing to the Dirt Birds in the national title game and for Timeout Webber gifting Saint Dean a title.

There may not be any better news for him and us. If we would have picked up Diallo, it's very possible we would have moved Poythress to the 3. If we would have picked up Newman, we definitely would have put him at the 3. Obviously Ingram is going to Duke, they have a wing in Ingram. North Carolina has a wing in Jackson, Michigan has one in Levert, and with the 2 PF additions at Kansas, Perry Ellis will very likely play the 3, if they don't play Svi there already. It's a giant f***ing golden throne with Brown's name on it.

Reactions: ORCAT10
KentuckySportsReport ‏@MyKSR1 21m21 minutes ago
KentuckySportsReport retweeted Bill Roland

Well, that would be the positive spin on it. Not unreasonable, but don't have any solid info on it.

KentuckySportsReport added,

Bill Roland @univky1
.@MyKSR1 So Kirk was on his way to UK this weekend and all of the sudden signs with NCSU. Does make one wonder if Cal got word from someone

Well, that would be the positive spin on it. Not unreasonable, but don't have any solid info on it.

Bill Roland @univky1
.@MyKSR1 So Kirk was on his way to UK this weekend and all of the sudden signs with NCSU. Does make one wonder if Cal got word from someone
I don't believe that it would have mattered. I thought about it. But Kirk prolly wasn't gonna start at the 3 anyway. Cal would have taken Kirk and Brown. Knowing Kirk wasn't a OAD. I may be wrong.

Reminds me, what Brown needs is to learn some excellent, lockdown defense with that athleticism, and that is certainly not a department that Belein is very good in. Actually, he's terrible at teaching players how to defend.

Reactions: Willy4UK
#donedeal;)
tumblr_mto1lq2AA21qmk3pno1_500.gif

Hey bud, care to change the gd title?

He did put a lot of question marks, fwiw.

Bill Roland @univky1

That actually does sound like an odd coincidence though.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT