ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper Johnson

Honest question, when was the last time a basketball recruit with strong athletic ties spurned UK for an out-of-state non-traditional power? If he goes to UNC, I get it. But Alabama beating out UK here would be the equivalent of Stoops beating out DeBoer for Robert Horry Jr., 5-star dual threat quarterback who grew up in Tuscaloosa.

Not sure, but Alabama making the final-4 is the equivalent of them making the football playoffs. Us winning zero post-season games is the equivalent of making the toilet bowl, and losing. Definitely didn't help.

Let's be honest, our fan base would go nuts if we landed Johnson. Pope needs this.

There's tons of emotional parachutes being made right now if Johnson pulls the Alabama or UNC hat.

If Pope lands this kid, it shows he can hang with the big boys. It's not a "must-get", but it's damn close in terms of showing that Pope has arrived as a recruiter.

Going out and beating Oats, Calipari, and Davis for a kid would be a huge deal.

It might help the perception of Pope to people who want one and dones.
I hope we never get another one, unless it's a total surprise.
JJ appears to be a high volume shooter, but not a high percentage maker.

It might help the perception of Pope to people who want one and dones.
I hope we never get another one, unless it's a total surprise.
JJ appears to be a high volume shooter, but not a high percentage maker.
One and dones aren't bad. Solely depending on them is bad.

Surround Johnson with legitimate veteran players and he'll be fine.

Not sure, but Alabama making the final-4 is the equivalent of them making the football playoffs. Us winning zero post-season games is the equivalent of making the toilet bowl, and losing. Definitely didn't help.
I have been following UK since Cotton Nash. I think the answer would be this would be the first.

Reactions: Mike-D
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT