ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Rose reaction to Jay Williams saying Lebron would dominate MJ 1-on-1

Call me when LBJ plays a Finals game with the FLU, dehydrated, weak and STILL puts up 38 points to turn the tide of a series.

LBJ is an amazing basketball player, but has nowhere near the competitive steak Jordan had.

6 rings. 6 MVPs.

LBJ is a unanimous HOF 1st ballot pick. But MJ is and will probably always be the GOAT.

Reactions: StevieJFTW07
Call me when LBJ plays a Finals game with the FLU, dehydrated, weak and STILL puts up 38 points to turn the tide of a series.

LBJ is an amazing basketball player, but has nowhere near the competitive steak Jordan had.

6 rings. 6 MVPs.

LBJ is a unanimous HOF 1st ballot pick. But MJ is and will probably always be the GOAT.

THIS !! EVERY BIT OF THIS. It's as simple as that. ^^^^^^ Well said, my man. Also, call ME when Lebron plays, in his career as a whole, against even half the talent Jordan faced throughout his career. Also, call ME when Lebron plays and THRIVES in the rough and tough and as physical as it gets NBA that Jordan played in..instead of this pussy ass NBA of the present.

Not really. Those rules were changed because Jordan couldn't handle that. That's what the pistons did to him and he could not beat them. Jordan got every call later on. You weren't allowed to guard him.

But Jordan did absolutely embarrass that same Bad Boys Pistons team 4-0 in the 1991 Eastern Conference Finals..and Jordan and the Bulls probably would have beat those same Pistons in 7 games the year before in the 1990 Eastern Conference Finals if not for Pippen getting a "migraine" for and playing like shit in Game 7 vs. the Pistons. Jordan probably has 7 rings if not for Pippen and his infamous migraine and playing like dog crap that game. This is especially for the guys that claim Jordan was nothing without Pippen..hell, Pippen cost Jordan another ring more than likely..in one way or another.

THIS !! EVERY BIT OF THIS. It's as simple as that. ^^^^^^ Well said, my man. Also, call ME when Lebron plays, in his career as a whole, against even half the talent Jordan faced throughout his career. Also, call ME when Lebron plays and THRIVES in the rough and tough and as physical as it gets NBA that Jordan played in..instead of this pussy ass NBA of the present.
Lol. Your hatred towards LeBron is clear.

tenor.gif

Reactions: michaeluk26

6 rings. 6 MVPs.

Ditto.

Similar to MJ fans... or fans of any extremely popular person for that matter.

True but to encounter most Jordan fans, you have to go to old games/videos of Jordan on YouTube or an occasional Instagram or Facebook post. LeBron fans are everywhere..rampid..all over social media all the time..of course because it's his time now but it doesn't change the fact that it's very annoying and obnoxious seeing his following with their little goat emojis, "G.O.A.T." comments and such. He's not the G.O.A.T...at least in my honest opinion. Is he the most talented athlete ever ? Possibly..though Bo Jackson or Barry Sanders or Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps or Roger Federer along with at least a few others probably disagree.

True but to encounter most Jordan fans, you have to go to old games/videos of Jordan on YouTube or an occasional Instagram or Facebook post. LeBron fans are everywhere..rampid..all over social media all the time..of course because it's his time now but it doesn't change the fact that it's very annoying and obnoxious seeing his following with their little goat emojis, "G.O.A.T." comments and such. He's not the G.O.A.T...at least in my honest opinion. Is he the most talented athlete ever ? Possibly..though Bo Jackson or Barry Sanders or Usain Bolt or Michael Phelps or Roger Federer along with at least a few others probably disagree.
"how could a guy who's actively playing right now and been the best basketball player on the planet for 15 years have a more vocal contingency than a player who's been retired for that same period of time?"

I believe that Mavs series was 4-2.

Dirk, Kidd, Marion, Butler, Terry, Chandler, Odom, Peja, isn't supremely overmatched. The Heat had LeBron, Wade and Bosh, but the rest of the roster was Haslem, Chalmers, and guys who were completely finished. It was also their first season together.

That same Mavs team swept the Lakers and beat the Durant/Westbrook/Harden/Green/Ibaka Thunder in 5 games.
Miami lost to the Spurs 4-1 (including losing the last 3 games by 17+ points each) and Cleveland lost to the Warriors 4-1 last year. As for Dallas, when you have, arguably the 3 best players in the conference, you shouldn't need much.

Like you said it’s because it’s his time. Imagine Jordan winning six championships now. The slurping would not stop and UNC fans would be insufferable.

"how could a guy who's actively playing right now and been the best basketball player on the planet for 15 years have a more vocal contingency than a player who's been retired for that same period of time?"

I said.."of course because it's his time now"..maybe you missed that part. It's still very annoying and obnoxious seeing it all of the time..and almost everywhere on social media..especially for a guy that carries on with his flops and flailing around and whining to the refs almost every game. That's a part of Lebron James's game that I do absolutely hate.

Anybody who thinks Lebron would win was born after 90. The game is all about offense and entertainment now. The Detriot Pistons didn't have "The Jordan Rules" for nothing. James is a transcendent player but he doesn't have MJ's killer instinct.
You make a great point for LeBron. The “Jordan Rules” was an effective defense in stopping MJ. This did not work later because MJ became the most untouchable player in the NBA. There has yet to be a team or coach to draw up a defense to stop LBJ. If you double-team him, he’ll have 20 assists.
Michael Jordan could never do that.

I believe that Jordan’s history of poor sportsmanship and team play keeps him well below James in the greatest player ranking.

That show sucks...also, Jay is correct. LeBron would kill MJ one on one.

LBJ has passed MJ as the GOAT. People still hanging onto MJ need to accept it. And, this is coming from a HUGE MJ fan.
Uhhh Kobe use to beat LBJ and Kobe is a poor man's MJ. All the moves and drive but lacked the touch.

Who’s the GOAT? It’s a pointless debate.
I have never understood the disdain for LeBron James. He’s whiny? His team lost in the finals? The plain truth is that James came in to the league as a teenager and as hyped as any player ever. He has been controversy-free for 15 seasons and has been a model of sportsmanship as the face of the NBA. He is as a complete team-first player as we’ve ever seen in professional sport.

Why is Jordan still so revered? 20+ years ago, the league did all it could to protect it’s greatest asset, Jordan and the Bulls. It was not as well known that MJ was a me-first player that would try and embarrass his own teammates. I believe that the NBA did more to “accommodate” Michael Jordan than any player in history.

We tend to glorify the past and this may make Jordan seem larger than he was. Fact is, he doesn’t compare favorably to James, on or off the court.

Kobe would beat them both don't @ me.

I will say this..I do think Kobe Bryant is the closest thing we've gotten to Michael Jordan since Michael Jordan..not Leflop. Both Jordan and Kobe were very similar. Kobe modeled his entire game after Michael Jordan. Both had the same exact fade away jumpers, both were extremely competitive, both were similar in terms of athleticism, etc...Jordan was just a little better at most things..making Jordan thoroughly better overall.

I will say this..I do think Kobe Bryant is the closest thing we've gotten to Michael Jordan..not Leflop. Both Jordan and Kobe were very similar. Kobe modeled his whole game after Michael Jordan. Both had the same exact fade away jumpers, both were extremely competitive, etc.. Jordan was just a little better at most things..making Jordan thoroughly better overall.

My argument is this... I think if Kobe gave a damn about efficiency or stats he would of came super close to Jordan. Kobe was a gunner and didn't apologize for his actions I respect that.

Jordan > Lebron and in his prime Jordan beats in his prime Lebron with a legit ref..it also depends on how the ref calls it. I mean, if Leflop shows up and starts flopping and flailing around with his horse shit antics/acting and the ref is babying him (like so many do), then nobody is beating Lebron..if it's straight up and called legit, Jordan wins to 1, 3, 5, 7, 11, 15, 21, 30, 50, 100, etc....give me Jordan all day. The dude would find a way to win..no matter what. Like he ALWAYS did when the rubber met the road.

Except those 9 times that he didn't win the championship.

Compared to Leflop..just 9 times is amazing.

You said Jordan rose up to the occasion every time the rubber met the road, and when I gave you 9 examples that proved what you said was factually incorrect, you respond by saying "But....but....compared to Leflop he's amazing" LOL typical

When LeBron's father is murdered at the height of his fame like MJ's was, we can discuss the merit of whether LBJ would be excoriated for stepping away from the game. Likewise, it further speaks to Jordan's greatness that he could step away for 2 seasons, train for a totally different sport, return to the NBA 2 years older, and resume his dominance in 3 more Finals.

6 Championship and 6 Finals MVP's will be hard to ever top, IMO.

Jordan didn't leave because of his father's death sir.

You said Jordan rose up to the occasion every time the rubber met the road, and when I gave you 9 examples that proved what you said was factually incorrect, you respond by saying "But....but....compared to Leflop he's amazing" LOL typical

Maybe you don't understand..FINALS > Conference Finals > Conference Semifinals > 1st Round..so..on the biggest stage in the sport and against the best from the Western Conference in the Finals..Jordan and the Bulls were 6/6 with Jordan snatching SIX Finals MVPs. Enough said.

I can pretty much guarantee you MJ wouldn't have gotten his ass run by a 35 year old Jason Terry, that much I can guarantee. Also if Lebron was playing in the West he wouldn't even make it to the finals most years. It doesn't mean he's not great, which he certainly is, but the only time it's fair to even attempt to compare was when Lebron was in Miami with a stacked team and he didn't do what a greatest of all time type player would do. Ray Allen gave him one of the championships.

Maybe you don't understand..FINALS > Conference Finals > Conference Semifinals > 1st Round..so..on the biggest stage in the sport and against the best from the Western Conference in the Finals..Jordan and the Bulls were 6/6 with Jordan snatching SIX Finals MVPs. Enough said.

Okay, what about the times that he went up against the best that the Eastern Conference had to offer? He lost more times than he won. You're penalizing a guy who made it further than the other guy, it's a ridiculous argument to make.

I can pretty much guarantee you MJ wouldn't have gotten his ass run by a 35 year old Jason Terry, that much I can guarantee. Also if Lebron was playing in the West he wouldn't even make it to the finals most years. It doesn't mean he's not great, which he certainly is, but the only time it's fair to even attempt to compare was when Lebron was in Miami with a stacked team and he didn't do what a greatest of all time type player would do. Ray Allen gave him one of the championships.

And that's the point, if LeBron had only made it to the Finals those 3 years that he won and was 3 for 3 with no losses, would that be better than 3-5? And Ray Allen gave him that title? Seriously? This is what Skip Bayless has done to people, unbelievable.

Damn Bron should have just got swept early on like MJ so he could have had a better legacy

Okay, what about the times that he went up against the best that the Eastern Conference had to offer? He lost more times than he won. You're penalizing a guy who made it further than the other guy, it's a ridiculous argument to make.

I'm just saying..rubber meets the road applies to the Finals more than it does anything else, in my mind. And blame Scottie Pippen and his lame "migraine" and Pippen's playing like crap for Jordan not getting by the Bad Boys Pistons in the 1990 Eastern Conference Finals in Game 7.

I'm just saying..rubber meets the road applies to the Finals more than it does anything else, in my mind. And blame Scottie Pippen and his lame "migraine" and Pippen's playing like crap for Jordan not getting by the Bad Boys Pistons in the 1990 Eastern Conference Finals in Game 7.

No it doesn't, that's what you want it to mean, if you don't win the title you lost. MJ had the luxury of playing in the Eastern conference when he couldn't win and it didn't tarnish his "finals record"

No it doesn't, that's what you want it to mean, if you don't win the title you lost. MJ had the luxury of playing in the Eastern conference when he couldn't win and it didn't tarnish his "finals record"

That's what it means in my mind..so, sorry. And so ? Leflop has had the luxury of playing in the weakest Eastern Conference in quite possibly ever..and he's had the luxury of playing in one hell of a watered down NBA.

Bron got swept in the Finals at 22 years old and you guys hold it against him, MJ gets swept in the 1st round and you guys say, but he scored 60 points. You can't win with Jordan worshippers.

But he did score 60 points..I mean, It's not really up for debate..I mean. [smoke]

That's what it means in my mind..so, sorry. And so ? Leflop has had the luxury of playing in the weakest Eastern Conference in quite possibly ever..and he's had the luxury of playing in one hell of a watered down NBA.

It's not a luxury to play in the East because if he gets to the Finals and loses to a superior team, bozos like you will say MJ never lost in the Finals. It would've been better for LeBron to play in the West so he could have a perfect Finals record. That's the kind of logic people like you are using.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT