ADVERTISEMENT

Jai Lucas to Duke

Quick question. Are players that never played for a team allowed to transfer under the new rules before 5/1? Or is the transfer portal just for those that have played a full season?

You don’t hire a coach just to get a one and done player in my opinion. I want a coach that brings something to the table coaching or recruiting but not just one player for a year
Oh I know. I was joking because everyone on this board was absolutely convinced Kenny was going to do that. No way Cal hires Milt - I'm highly skeptical Milt would take it if offered.

Quick question. Are players that never played for a team allowed to transfer under the new rules before 5/1? Or is the transfer portal just for those that have played a full season?
Not positive, but I would think they would need a release from the university before the portal closes. I could be wrong.

Haven't agreed with much you have said lately but 100% in agreement with this. Just a massively huge (and embarrassing) blow
Respect. We don't have to agree on everything, or even most things, but like you said, this one has no positives whatsoever. Especially after it leaks out that he was offered and declined the position only to accept it a few weeks later. Ouch.

They need him to play guard after literally their entire team jumped to the NBA.
F him we have Antigua and Chin.

giphy-14.gif

I feel like Alejandro Mayorkas is running our program.... keeps saying "everything is fine and we are executing our plan" while we are getting overrun and everyone can easily see better! Sheesh.

Mitch better get out of the denial zone before it is too late - may already be.

K said they had a great succession plan in place when he left... so far so good. Damn.

Scheyer may well suck as a Head Coach - way unproven - but damn.

And lastly - Jai.... man you barely gave 2 years - not loyal at all. That said maybe he knows Cal isn't changing and decided he wanted another look... still disloyal/disrespectful af.

Last edited:
Maybe you aren't aware of the incoming class.

There's no way to think optimistically about this.
Im aware but Im also aware of what assistants we have and who we have coming back. Most of you guys are chicken littles anyway.

What else is going to go wrong !
Sharpe stays in the draft. Collins and/or Wallace follow Lucas to Duke. We lost DJ to another coach who hasn't coached a single game. And probably miss on the Baylor guy from SDSU.. Calipari can't even get top recruits out of the portal any more. Calipari getting his butt kicked by 2 coaches who've never coached a college game.

We saw and heard about Calipari fighting with the assistants on and off the court this year. We saw him and Chin into it during several games, including St Peters loss. Almost lost Chin, and now Lucas...

This move really promotes Duke as the premier program of the elite and a step up. Not good and having been a manager for many years, you need to keep your staff happy so something like this never happens. My impression with Cal is he does not typically give his staff a lot of authority for growth. When you look at Duke, think about all the former assistants who are now head coaches. Now compare that with Cal.......Not good.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT