ADVERTISEMENT

Who is the new assistant coach that is going to be announced today?

Ksr said that if they land the bigger name coach that he will likely bring a player or 2….so that rules out any no active college coaches

Reactions: Kentucky2022
Whoever it is and HAS ties to Cal.
Also they expect a couple players will follow him to UK.

So my thinking is
Jai Lucas or Joel Justice

Pope is needing a strong recruiter

Justus just got top assistant job at Ohio State.

The rumor on another board is it will be Kenny Payne. Someone claiming they know it...take it fwiw.

Jai Lucas?
Jon Robic?
Who?
I doubt it would be either of those. I'm expecting a guy in the business who is a friend of Pope (maybe played with him or after him). I heard Nazr Muhammed earlier and that wouldn't surprise me. Maybe Walter McCarty, Scott Padgett, maybe even Sean Woods.

What i
Whoopi-Goldberg-2002.jpg
What is this dude’s name?

There’s speculation on X about Jerod Haase who just got fired at Stanford. He was a long time assistant to Roy Williams and it would likely help us land Andrej Stojakovic.
Don’t know if true

I wouldn’t mind that hire at all. Haase is a proponent of the Roy Williams run and gun style where they are trying to push the ball even off a made basket. Me likey. And if it helps us land Peja Jr., all the better.

Seriously speaking, who was the assistant they thought was going to succeed him at BYU but now looks like that job is going to a Phoenix Suns assistant. Any chance that guy comes here? obviously if he was considered a viable replacement he should be well thought of.
I saw on Trilly or somewhere, that the new BYU coach is trying to get some of the assistants to stay there at BYU.. Maybe why we haven't heard any announcement(s) today.... I think someone said the postings don't expire until tomorrow at the earliest... so maybe that is another hold up.

I wouldn’t mind that hire at all. Haase is a proponent of the Roy Williams run and gun style where they are trying to push the ball even off a made basket. Me likey. And if it helps us land Peja Jr., all the better.
There is actually 5 Stanford players in the portal I think so they may bring another one besides him

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT