ADVERTISEMENT

Ja Morant suspened from all team activities

So it’s a crime to hold a gun now?’ What a time to be alive.
Packing a gun for protection is completely understandable. I am all for gun rights. I own many. However, flashing them and playing with them in his context is another thing. He’s sending a message with his actions, and that message is going to cost him his career.

Packing a gun for protection is completely understandable. I am all for gun rights. I own many. However, flashing them and playing with them in his context is another thing. He’s sending a message with his actions, and that message is going to cost him his career.
I get it. Was seeing if I could ruffle some feathers of the gun grabbing freakazoids.

He better be careful who he "pretends" to be. He isn't a gangster. There are actual people who live that lifestyle, he isn't one of them. These people will actually do all the things he acts like he would do, as shown in the clip below. Not a good idea on his part.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRKqoLKr/

Reactions: Fox2monk
We wouldn’t know or care then, if he wasn’t a ball player he probably wouldn’t be in a position to worry about it honestly. Just a daily event then.
Yep, here in Memphis gun play is a daily event. Kids post with guns all the time, it’s not a crime, just the NBA doesn’t want its players to look bad. He will finally figure it out, but he is still a kid learning in life.

Yep, here in Memphis gun play is a daily event. Kids post with guns all the time, it’s not a crime, just the NBA doesn’t want its players to look bad. He will finally figure it out, but he is still a kid learning in life.
I would think if I was making literal millions and my boss said “DONT do that again”. I wouldn’t dare do it.

To me flashing guns on social media is akin to shouting a string of obscenities in public. Neither are openly illegal, but defines your character to others immediately

He supposed to set examples for youths instead poisoning their minds with stupidity.

Last edited:
I would think if I was making literal millions and my boss said “DONT do that again”. I wouldn’t dare do it.

To me flashing guns on social media is akin to shouting a string of obscenities in public. Neither are openly illegal, but defines your character to others immediately
Plus he's not a kid.

Reactions: STL_Cat
Did that suspension from team activities come with a hefty financial penalty? If not, I don't see why he would give a crap or how that is a punishment at all. I am sure he is distressed missing spring team meetings.
Hit in in the pocketbook, he will feel that. Funny I never heard a peep out of him at Murray, now that he's got money, he wants to act like a thug. He needs to be treated like one if he doesn't have any more sense than that.

He’s not from the hood. He’s from the suburbs acting a part because he’s an immature knucklehead.
Exactly. Great grades, had both parents and never seen inkling of hood behavior before. They're all about NBA YOUNGBOY music. They talked about how that's all they play in the locker room. All he raps about is murder and violence. Drill music. I like drill music but I don't need to act like a thug.

How is he a kid? I don't understand how that could be.

211209-massie-christmas-card-mn-1500.jpg

It'd be nice if people in general chilled on the gun worship and pretending like it's their kid or dog in photos. I would think most responsible gun owners don't constantly pose with their guns like it's their baby. Ja may be an idiot but while some here are making it seem like he's a gangbanger from the hood currently on death row, why is he a thug for flashing a weapon but Massie and other politicians who pose with guns in their Christmas cards for example to "trigger" the other side are good, moral people we should look up to? Not defending Ja AT ALL, but there is a double standard with the gun worship.

I had to chuckle when I read an excerpt of his interview with espn in which he said he needed to be “more smarter”….

I was thinking the exact opposite. I know state laws vary a lot, but it is not illegal to own or carry a handgun. The vehicle wasn't moving. This type of thing happens thousands of times a day. It is only news and problematic BECAUSE of who he is. Otherwise, no one would know, no one would care, and I assume it wouldn't violate any laws. With that said, really dumb given his history.
That is why I never understood anyone wanting to be rich and famous. I would take the rich but the famous part where your every moved is scrutinized...no thanks.

It'd be nice if people in general chilled on the gun worship and pretending like it's their kid or dog in photos. I would think most responsible gun owners don't constantly pose with their guns like it's their baby. Ja may be an idiot but while some here are making it seem like he's a gangbanger from the hood currently on death row, why is he a thug for flashing a weapon but Massie and other politicians who pose with guns in their Christmas cards for example to "trigger" the other side are good, moral people we should look up to? Not defending Ja AT ALL, but there is a double standard with the gun worship.
Agree but stupid is as stupid does.The picture you posted is proof of that.

Reactions: bookerfan66

images

Because look at that photo and compare it to the one you posted. I know you're going to say "WELl I DoNt sEe ThE diFfErEnCe!".. but I sure do. You're being obtuse if you think these two scenarios are the same, and you're lying through your teeth if you think the bottom scenario is just as safe as the top one.

• Wow
Reactions: bookerfan66
images

Because look at that photo and compare it to the one you posted. I know you're going to say "WELl I DoNt sEe ThE diFfErEnCe!".. but I sure do. You're being obtuse if you think these two scenarios are the same, and you're lying through your teeth if you think the bottom scenario is just as safe as the top one.
Both are stupid is as stupid does.

Both are stupid is as stupid does.

Well one of them is a photo of a family showing their support for the 2nd amendment, the other one are several people pointing guns AT you.

You can't possibly think these are the same, can you? lol.

Well one of them is a photo of a family showing their support for the 2nd amendment, the other one are several people pointing guns AT you.

I own several guns,support the NRA and believe in the 2nd amendment BUT I'm sure as hell not gonna make Christmas cards with my family holding guns like it's some kind of proud moment.I mean damn..
The other photo is just as stupid.Young men thinking they tough as shit cause the got a gun..get a damn job and live life instead of ending up at a funeral home because of ignorance.Life is choices...that's what it is.

Oh I won't deny that the photo of the most Anglo-Saxon white family holding guns isn't super cringey. But it's still not the same. You're not avoiding the people in the first photo for your safety (although maybe you avoid them cause it's just kind of weird).

As I said in the other thread, I don’t know what is going on with him. By all account he was a good person at Murray.

I mean the man worked his butt off and earned his way into the league. FROM MURRAY.

Not UK. Not Duke. Not UNC. Not Zaga. MURRAY. Not saying Murray is a horrible programs, no. But it’s not the first place you would think a major pro basketball player would come from.

What is he trying to prove? I don’t get it.
He needs to get away from that whole entire sh**ty trap culture in Memphis he for some reason has embraced.

I believe I called both out. Both are sick gun fetishes. If you feel the need to flash your weapons around, you are compensating for something. Period.

Nothing says, "Peace on Earth, Good will towards Men" like posing with a weapon.
I will not understand it. It's sick.

You can support the 2nd Amendment by promoting RESPONSIBLE gun ownership, joining a local NRA chapter, teaching gun safety courses, not treating them like toys and or status symbols.

This? And the other one LineSki posted? It shows no respect for what they are holding. Which are weapons.

Last edited:

Only if you are nightwish, Jameslee, Matt jones, or any other brainwashed human being who agrees with Biden that white supremacy is the biggest threat against America. Touching absolute bozos.

Only if you are nightwish, Jameslee, Matt jones, or any other brainwashed human being who agrees with Biden that white supremacy is the biggest threat against America. Touching absolute bozos.
Bud Light sending a beer to a tranny tik toker is the greatest threat to America, everyone knows that.

• Haha
Reactions: jameslee32
Ok, I enjoy playing Devils Advocate anyway so here goes.

Let me preface this with my knowing what Ja did was stupid on multiple levels and he should want to project the right image to fans, but being stupid and projecting the wrong image isn't always the NBA's concern.

Gun related suspensions have happened many times over the years in the NBA. All of them involved illegal activity, not just stupid activity or projecting a bad image. The CBA requires the activity to have been during some NBA event and the action had to be illegal.

Now, just when do we want employers to be telling us what we can do, what we can say and when those actions can occur? Everyone accepted that the first incident happened while he was drinking. That made it illegal and it occurred during a road trip for the NBA so the CBA requirements for punishment were met.

What right does the NBA have to punish him this time?

Ok, I enjoy playing Devils Advocate anyway so here goes.

Let me preface this with my knowing what Ja did was stupid on multiple levels and he should want to project the right image to fans, but being stupid and projecting the wrong image isn't always the NBA's concern.

Gun related suspensions have happened many times over the years in the NBA. All of them involved illegal activity, not just stupid activity or projecting a bad image. The CBA requires the activity to have been during some NBA event and the action had to be illegal.

Now, just when do we want employers to be telling us what we can do, what we can say and when those actions can occur? Everyone accepted that the first incident happened while he was drinking. That made it illegal and it occurred during a road trip for the NBA so the CBA requirements for punishment were met.

If my employer signs me to a $200 million deal and wants me to project a certain image off the court and it’s in my contract, I’m going to comply.

Reactions: J_Dee

Lol uh, it's not his God given right to be in the NBA. You are paid millions to perform your duties which include being good at basketball, being a positive role model to your younger fans, and representing the franchise that pays you. If you're in the news for waving around a gun every couple months, chances are these people paying him are gonna get tired of putting up with his bullshit. He needs to be heavily fined and ****in suspended for nothing more than being a certified dumbass.

If my employer signs me to a $200 million deal and wants me to project a certain image off the court and it’s in my contract, I’m going to comply.
Was that in his contract? How did he violate his contract exactly? Just because something is in a contract doesn't necessarily make it enforceable. Can you provide the contract clause in context that you think was violated?

Lol uh, it's not his God given right to be in the NBA. You are paid millions to perform your duties which include being good at basketball, being a positive role model to your younger fans, and representing the franchise that pays you. If you're in the news for waving around a gun every couple months, chances are these people paying him are gonna get tired of putting up with his bullshit. He needs to be heavily fined and ****in suspended for nothing more than being a certified dumbass.
Emotion has zero to do with contract law. The CBA and NBA have addressed these situations. Im simply asking how he violated the terms in the 2nd incident.

I already agreed that he's an idiot. His endorsements are under no such constraints and I'd say he's at serious risk of losing them.

Reactions: Mike-D
Tupac pretended to be gangsta too, then he was gunned down a couple hours after assaulting a Crip in Vegas. To this point Ja has only been assaulting 17 y/os so hopefully for his sake he realizes he ain’t hood before he goes one step too far.

Was that in his contract? How did he violate his contract exactly? Just because something is in a contract doesn't necessarily make it enforceable. Can you provide the contract clause in context that you think was violated?
I think morals clauses are in all NBA NFL MLB NHL and endorsement deals. Any time that much money is involved and you’re representing a franchise or company a morals clause is in the contract.

This is from an article talking about the Wizards possibly voiding Gilbert Arenas contract after a gun possession charge.

The uniform player contract stipulates that a team can void a contract if the player fails, refuses or neglects to follow the moral turpitude clause.”

What is moral turpitude?

In general it is conduct that is contrary to honesty, good morals and sportsmanship.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT