ADVERTISEMENT

Ja Morant suspened from all team activities

Just DUMB stuck on stupid. He could have broke me off a milly since he is just throwing his money away!

That’s what people seem to forget. I’m pro 2nd amendment. I’m pro NRA.

But there’s a huge difference between responsible gun ownership and the sick gun culture fetish we have going around. Probably not a popular opinion but I don’t care. If you‘re flshing guns around all them time, or overly glorifying weaponry, of posing with guns on family Christmas cards, I have to question some things.
Me as well.Exactly the same feelings

Reactions: bbncal02
Yep, the “bad friends” excuse gets old. We can’t choose our family, but we sure can with our friends.. It’s his own doing if he’s surrounding himself with knuckleheads.
Yup and at this point he is the Knucklehead . His dad seems to be more of his friend than his dad . I don’t know the relationship behind closed doors but in the public eye that is the vibe I get .

I think both are idiots because you can't say that in 2023 and for morant to not learn from the first incident is silly.

Idc what their punishments are and certainly dont think either should lose their job over it.
This is strike two for Ja In a way. He’s been suspended.

Should both lose their jobs if the behavior doesn’t change?

Yep, the “bad friends” excuse gets old. We can’t choose our family, but we sure can with our friends.. It’s his own doing if he’s surrounding himself with knuckleheads.
I don’t see saying “he needs better friends” is blaming the friends. It is blaming his decision making at selecting who he does. They are who they are; it’s up to you to decide yes I want to be associated with them or no I don’t.

Did that suspension from team activities come with a hefty financial penalty? If not, I don't see why he would give a crap or how that is a punishment at all. I am sure he is distressed missing spring team meetings.

Reactions: katwest
Hes got a imagine to maintain on the streets and you can't do that without pointing your pistal and rapping. Maybe he thinks the off-season is for gun charges.

Reactions: Mike-D
I’ll tell you what, sure wish I would’ve been packing mine last night. Was walking my husky around 1 am and a pit bull jumped its fence and attacked us. Would’ve saved me the trouble of having to roll around with it and putting it in a headlock and pinning it to the ground, waiting on the law to show up. That shit won’t happen next time.

So it’s a crime to hold a gun now?’ What a time to be alive.
No one said that it is. But it’s certainly not a good look for the face of an organization, and one of the faces of a billion dollar industry, to be going around pretending to be hard when he’s anything but.

Reactions: bbncal02
Once can be called a poor choice. A 2nd time is the beginning of a pattern. One day he's going to flash that weapon at the wrong time and place and his teammates will have to make a shrine in his locker.

I’ll tell you what, sure wish I would’ve been packing mine last night. Was walking my husky around 1 am and a pit bull jumped its fence and attacked us. Would’ve saved me the trouble of having to roll around with it and putting it in a headlock and pinning it to the ground, waiting on the law to show up. That shit won’t happen next time.
No one is shaming Ja for packing. But he’s acting like they’re toys. They aren’t. We have so many shootings these days (just had yet another one in Hoptown this morning. That’s number two in two weeks) that this kind of behavior is concerning. Guns aren’t toys. They aren’t status symbols or bling. Or they shouldn’t be. Guns aren’t the issue. But Americas fetishized gun culture is a concern to say the least.

I don’t think the guy should be blackballed, he needs to talk to someone though.
This. It’s not worthy of canceling but Memphis is obviously highly concerned about his behavior.

Let’s look at this. Saying your boss is a jerk to your spouse is not illegal. Saying your boss is a jerk at a restraint is not illegal. Saying your boss is a work is not illegal but is a really really bad idea. Ja flashing a gun on social media in a time of increasing shootings and after Memphis basically already told him not to? Not illegal, but a really really bad idea.

Reactions: Fox2monk
No one is shaming Ja for packing. But he’s acting like they’re toys. They aren’t. We have so many shootings these days (just had yet another one in Hoptown this morning. That’s number two in two weeks) that this kind of behavior is concerning. Guns aren’t toys. They aren’t status symbols or bling. Or they shouldn’t be. Guns aren’t the issue. But Americas fetishized gun culture is a concern to say the least.
I agree. Criminals are going to obtain firearms no matter what laws are in place. Totally agree, they’re not a status symbol. You gotta be a responsible gun owner if you’re going to own them.

I really don’t understand Morant at all..made it to the top of his field, but instead of focusing on his job, he chooses to hang out with thugs..I don’t even think he grew up in that life..he just volunteered for it..idiot

Reactions: KFuqua
It is a tremendous loss for him and Basketball, he is out of control and until he has a change of heart it will only get worse. I am confident the first time he was just saying whatever it took to get back in, he will need some major influence to turn in him in right direction until then he needs a hard lesson to jolt him back, hate it for alll the others in this world caught up in these situations.
He needs to talk to Antione Walker about what it’s like to lose all you built up and made in your career and how posse’s treat you when the cash runs out. Walker tried balling like a Billionaire. JA is trying to act like he’s a street dude.

So it’s a crime to hold a gun now?’ What a time to be alive.
I get where you’re coming from Cowtown, and I agree; there is absolutely nothing wrong with possessing a firearm if that person is legally allowed to. However, waving a pistol around on social media while you’re in a truck with Joe from the block, just sends the wrong vibes man..I guarantee you that Ja Morant doesn’t even know how to use that thing efficiently…he is headed in the wrong direction

Man can’t stop being stupid, no surprise as his Father is not the best role model, I can only imagine the rest of his crew. I don’t understand why he wants to portray being hard or a gangster when he’s rich AF and set for generations now.
Sometimes You can take the boy out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the boy.
I ran a drug treatment program in a prison for 20 years. There was a kid in Union City TN several years ago that was the most talented high school running back I ever saw. Speed, power, lightning reflexes he had it all. Had offers from several bigtime schools going into his senior year, Bama and Notre Dame to name a few. He never played that season because he got busted selling drugs and having a weapon. 3 years later I see him in the prison yard. He knew me because at the time I had been very active in youth sports in the area. I stopped him and implored him to come in my program, and turn his life around, he laughed in my face. I have seen many of these kids over the years, another kid that was once a starting QB at TN at one time doing 15 years on a drug trafficking charge. Some guys just will not give up that life no matter what they have going for them

Reactions: Fox2monk
Never post pictures of your guns. You're just giving the FBI info they don't need to know. I lost all my guns in a boating accident.

Sometimes You can take the boy out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of the boy.
I ran a drug treatment program in a prison for 20 years. There was a kid in Union City TN several years ago that was the most talented high school running back I ever saw. Speed, power, lightning reflexes he had it all. Had offers from several bigtime schools going into his senior year, Bama and Notre Dame to name a few. He never played that season because he got busted selling drugs and having a weapon. 3 years later I see him in the prison yard. He knew me because at the time I had been very active in youth sports in the area. I stopped him and implored him to come in my program, and turn his life around, he laughed in my face. I have seen many of these kids over the years, another kid that was once a starting QB at TN at one time doing 15 years on a drug trafficking charge. Some guys just will not give up that life no matter what they have going for them
I know that but as far as I know he wasn’t from the Hood. Makes no sense.

Reactions: KFuqua
Mind blowing isn't it? You would think if you had offers from Bama, ND, etc. You'd be focused on that! I mean the next step is making more money than most people would ever dream about!

Drugs are a life destroyer. And we're not talking a little Mary Jane here and there.....we're talking hardcore stuff.

People have to find what gives them joy, or a bad influence like that will fill that space readily. And rot you from the inside out. Guess in his case football wasn't doing it.

It's just crazy to think about.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT