ADVERTISEMENT

I've figured out how to watch the games

LowCountryCat

All-American
Apr 17, 2010
Orlando, FL
I wasn't going to watch at all, and I've only watched 4 or 5 games this season. But I have a stress free way to do it now.

First, I simply lie down on the couch and watch the first half, assuming we will lose. Usually we're 'in the game' or leading at halftime so it's a pleasant experience.

Then I fall asleep and wake up after it's over. Presto, no stress because I don't have to witness the meltdown and see Cal's fat red mug partially obscured by a pointless mask.

Try it!

I did not watch. I was watching the espn scoreboard tho. However I did go to bed with 8 minutes left.

I wasn't going to watch at all, and I've only watched 4 or 5 games this season. But I have a stress free way to do it now.

First, I simply lie down on the couch and watch the first half, assuming we will lose. Usually we're 'in the game' or leading at halftime so it's a pleasant experience.

Then I fall asleep and wake up after it's over. Presto, no stress because I don't have to witness the meltdown and see Cal's fat red mug partially obscured by a pointless mask.

Try it!
Yeah, I did not watch about the first seven or so then watched until the kneeling and went back to not watching. I keep up because I want them to at least stay ahead of Kansas in all time wins because of the history and those of the past who care and truly want them to win but, they will not get to .500 this year. In fact, I made a prediction that we will lose 17 this year about 2 weeks ago and will now stick by it. The Texas game was counted in that but, 5 more losses will happen without that one.

Last edited:
My preferred method for taking in games this season is a quick post-game scroll of Twitter that night or the following day. It's always the same, too; "collapse", "baffling", "head-scratching". As soon as I see one of those or similar buzzwords, I know the outcome.

I once considered our games can't-miss events, but it's honestly been nice not approaching this season (or any of the last handful) that way.

Before every game I just pretend I’m watching a pre-recorded game knowing we lost but not the final score. Don’t get excited when we build a lead because I already know we lost just want to see how it unfolds this time. Buddy of mine were texting at half last night about 2nd predictions and final scores. He had 72-63 TN and I had 82-70 TN (so close 😂). This teams not any fun to watch at all and of course cal sucks so I’m not so sure I’m not halfway rooting for them to lose.

Try it!
I actually did fall asleep on the couch in the second half. We were up at least 6-8 when I konked out, and when I woke up we were down 6-8 with about 2-3 minutes. At I missed the meltdown.

Guys, I don’t know about you but I’m ready for some spring football.

I watch the games, but I am dead inside. I have zero emotion. It’s just 2 hours of mind numbing entertain. Nothing more, nothing less. Oh, how I miss the days of being on the edge of my seat and having all the emotions that one would should have!

Reactions: mattrudd
I did not watch. I was watching the espn scoreboard tho. However I did go to bed with 8 minutes left.

It’s a very weird conundrum for me. I don’t necessarily want any Kentucky to lose. I mean I’ve been a die hard fan since about 1995 (I’m 36). As with many of you all and other fans I’ve devoted hours and hours and hours to following Kentucky basketball. Everyone here can agree there’s a “love” for Kentucky basketball but it’s changed, especially the last 5 years and ESPECIALLY the last year. Perhaps that’s more on our shit show of a society than anything but I can’t help but he satisfied when Cal makes himself look a fool.

He was a God to this fan base. A complete God but his comments this past year and his vilifying, virtue signaling, talking down to fans as if they’re a bunch of backward bigots is disgusting to me.

The broken model, last 5 years and trajectory of the program going forward are fans biggest gripe but his brilliant idea to not just “bring politics” into it all but be a divisive and hypocritical asshole and perpetuate a degenerate ideology has lost fans I’m not sure he will ever get back and rightfully so.

Yeah, I did not watch about the first seven or so then watched until the kneeling and went back to not watching. I keep up because I want them to at least stay ahead of Kansas in all time wins because of the history and those of the past who care and truly want them to win but, they will not get to .500 this year. In fact, I made a prediction that we will lose 17 this year about 2 weeks ago and will now stick by it. The Texas game was counted in that but, 5 more losses will happen without that one.

That’s the thing. Uneducated individuals think “MUH it’s not a big deal to kneel! Get over it you bigots!” But it’s much much much more than that. It’s not “just kneeling”. It’s this dangerous ideology that is the issue. A million other coaches didn’t go full woke. Today’s “political” environment is so toxic it’s so much more than just a difference of political opinions. This kinda stuff is wayyyyy beyond political.

Supporting violent Marxist organizations and their communistic ideals is way way beyond “political differences”. Perpetuating this division on race and religion and moral fiber is shameful for a basketball coach. It’s really easy to go woke and say/ fall in line with this garbage when you have a net worth of $90 million. People like Cal and other rich and privileged celebrities, athletes and media personalities/ politicians will never ever ever have to live with the ramifications of the ideals and ideology they’re pushing onto us normal folk (of all colors).

Cal doesn’t give a shit about “social injustice.” Nor do all the celebs who say they do. Nor do the politicians who say they do.

His comments, vilification of the fan base and his perpetuating of this absurd, Divisive and degenerate ideology is one of (many) problems.

Last edited:
I have to admit this team has taken the "sting" out of defeat. I remember a time when a loss would keep me up all night. Now I can turn off the light and sleep like a baby.

I guess the doctor would think that is a good thing.
Spot on. I no longer am angry or disappointed. It really started a couple of years ago. When we started losing a few to nobody's and flaming out earlier than I thought we should. All of this wait till March crap was ringing true only by the fact that we would have to wait for March the next year midway through March that year.

That’s the thing. Uneducated individuals think “MUH it’s not a big deal to kneel! Get over it you bigots!” But it’s much much much more than that. It’s not “just kneeling”. It’s this dangerous ideology that is the issue. A million other coaches didn’t go full woke. Today’s “political” environment is so toxic it’s so much more than just a difference of political opinions. This kinda stuff is wayyyyy beyond political.

Supporting violent Marxist organizations and their communistic ideals is way way beyond “political differences”. Perpetuating this division on race and religion and moral fiber is shameful for a basketball coach. It’s really easy to go woke and say/ fall in line with this garbage when you have a net worth of $90 million. People like Cal and other rich and privileged celebrities, athletes and media personalities/ politicians will never ever ever have to live with the ramifications of the ideals and ideology their pushing onto us normal folk (of all colors).

Cal doesn’t give a shit about “social injustice.” Nor do all the celebs who say they do. Nor do the politicians who say they do.

His comments, vilification of the fan base and his perpetuating of this absurd, Divisive and degenerate ideology is the problem.
Thank you. You speak for many, many UK fans. This is a subject an intelligent basketball coach would never address. He should have kept it inside and not opened his mouth and not taken a knee An intelligent, caring person would have known it would divide the fan base. Especially those of us who have had blood relatives die for this nation in combat at a young age. He disrespected their services and the honor our family has given them. My grandmother shed many tears over her boys in uniform. Calipari made a mockery of their service and the flag they swore allegiance to. We will not forget

Last edited:
It’s a very weird conundrum for me. I don’t necessarily want any Kentucky to lose. I mean I’ve been a die hard fan since about 1995 (I’m 36). As with many of you all and other fans I’ve devoted hours and hours and hours to following Kentucky basketball. Everyone here can agree there’s a “love” for Kentucky basketball but it’s changed, especially the last 5 years and ESPECIALLY the last year. Perhaps that’s more on our shit show of a society than anything but I can’t help but he satisfied when Cal makes himself look a fool.

He was a God to this fan base. A complete God but his comments this past year and his vilifying, virtue signaling, talking down to fans as if they’re a bunch of backward bigots is disgusting to me.

The broken model, last 5 years and trajectory of the program going forward are fans biggest gripe but his brilliant idea to not just “bring politics” into it all but be a divisive and hypocritical asshole and perpetuate a degenerate ideology has lost fans I’m not sure he will ever get back and rightfully so.
Oh, I will most definitely be back watching the cats, if, and only if, we get a new coach. Will not watch another UK game with Cal as the coach. A damn middle school coach could coach rings around our inept millionaire coach.

Thank you. You speak for many, many UK fans. This is a subject an intelligent basketball coach would never address. He should have kept it inside and not opened his mouth and not taken a knee An intelligent, caring person would have known it would divide the fan base. Especially those of us who have had blood relatives die for this nation in combat at a young age. He disrespected their services and the honor our family has given them. My grandmother shed many tears over her boys in uniform. Calipari made a mockery of their service and the flag they swore allegiance to. We will not forget
The basketball brand was already bad enough, but then Cal thru gasoline on it this past summer and then again at Florida. Is Cal so blinded by ideology that he had no clue what this could do to the fan base, or did he just not care?

MV5BZGQ2YzQ2MTItYzVmNS00NzQ5LWI0MGUtMDJhYTI1ZTQ1YTJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTM3MDMyMDQ@._V1_.jpg

I flip back and forth. I mostly watched an old Audie Murphy movie. I should have left it on the movie.

I busted my phone last night and 2 candles stick holders and a door. I’m going to record the games for now on and only watch if they win. I have to try something.
Why would you let yourself get so worked up over this sorry excuse for a team/coach?
I can’t explain it. I have always been this way.
How should I work on it? I’m ready
Years ago I used to really internalize a UK loss. The extreme example would be the 92 loss to Duke. It almost like a death in the family, and it literally took me 2-3 weeks to get over it.

I’m not perfect but I generally shake off a UK loss pretty quickly these days. This years team is definitely not worth the anger. They’ve lost so much already - what’s another one added to the pile?

Reactions: kywildcat41086
How should I work on it? I’m ready
Go on YouTube and search andrew johnson guided meditation. Meditation is where it's at. Are you quick to anger over other things or just UK? Meditation and deep controlled calming breathing before every game, picturing yourself watching the game without a violent feeling win or lose etc.

It works but takes practice. I've been meditating for years.

I busted my phone last night and 2 candles stick holders and a door. I’m going to record the games for now on and only watch if they win. I have to try something.
I used to get worked up like this 10-15 years ago I would throw stuff( even broke a few things in my time) and cussed and acted a fool. Now that I'm 41 and with all the stupid crap Cal has done and the stupid loses that we have had to endure I just don't get worked up like that anymore.

Reactions: ukalum1988
Years ago I used to really internalize a UK loss. The extreme example would be the 92 loss to Duke. It almost like a death in the family, and it literally took me 2-3 weeks to get over it.

I’m not perfect but I generally shake off a UK loss pretty quickly these days. This years team is definitely not worth the anger. They’ve lost so much already - what’s another one added to the pile?
This was me too 10-15 years ago I even used to call into work the next day and you couldn't talk to me for weeks at a time I was so pissed off after a loss! It even got worse to me when we got to the NCAA tournament and when we lost I would even cry ( I know big baby). I was upset so bad for the longest time ( for months) it was like I just lost my best friend when we got beat!

Try it!
I think you should quit posting and go back to sleep.

Dude, these players don’t care about fans. Don’t let them ruin your life or health.

I know but then they got up 10 in the 2nd and I thought maybe they are turning a corner and just like that and it was over. I’m the worst UK fan on the planet and all of my friends and family knows it. I try to play it off but I can’t

Reactions: CGblue
Go on YouTube and search andrew johnson guided meditation. Meditation is where it's at. Are you quick to anger over other things or just UK? Meditation and deep controlled calming breathing before every game, picturing yourself watching the game without a violent feeling win or lose etc.

It works but takes practice. I've been meditating for years.

I’m very competitive but I can usually control it. I get angry about Ky basketball mainly, sometimes in golf and other sports. I made a complete fool of myself during the UT game, I’m considering therapy (not joking).

I fell asleep for the first time during a UK game in my life. Not even old yet..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT