ADVERTISEMENT

IU in trouble? Dakich says it's coming

Well yeah... Rick Pitino sold out the Langford's back in May. .

https://usatodayhss.com/2018/romeo-langford-rick-pitino-adidas-indiana

Romeo Langford recruitment: Rick Pitino claims Adidas won battle to keep player with brand

Former Louisville coach Rick Pitino said that Adidas won a battle to sponsor an AAU team run by Romeo Langford’s father that he said was part of an effort to land him at an Adidas-sponsored college.

Pitino told Courier-Journal on Wednesday that two Adidas officials met with Langford’s father in early 2017 discuss their efforts to keep Nike and Under Armour from landing the highly touted recruit from New Albany.

“What they said to me (was) they’re doing everything possible to keep Romeo Langford’s team on the (Adidas) AAU circuit,” Pitino told Courier-Journal.

The news of Adidas’ efforts to keep Romeo Langford was first reported by The Washington Post.

Pitino, who was recruiting Langford before he was fired as Louisville’s head coach amid a federal college basketball recruiting investigation, shared text messages with the Post that supported his story.

“The way they phrased it, it was whoever [shoe company] was going to pay the dad’s AAU program the most money, gets it,” Pitino told the Post.

Romeo Langford committed to Indiana, which is sponsored by Adidas, on April 30. He chose Indiana over Kansas, an Adidas school, and Vanderbilt, which has a Nike sponsorship.

“That’s the way that world works,” Pitino said. “Which is completely legal, by the way.”

I hear they are going to have to forfeit all their NCAA Championships, Final Fours and Elite Eight appearances in the past 15 years, and all their Big Ten Tourney championships in history. My source says when the dust settles Indiana will have a basketball legacy over the past quarter century that'll make VCU and Butler look Elite...

Ah, right. Nevermind.

This might even be better than Louisville.

Romeo involved?
What about U6 being the one who gets IU in trouble?

giphy.gif

I think it would be great if for some odd reason they had to forfeit the win they got us against us when Watford hit that ridiculously lucky shot. And then the NCAA made them burn all the shirts and paintings they made to commemorate it. Makes me smile just thinking about it.

I think it would be great if for some odd reason they had to forfeit the win they got us against us when Watford hit that ridiculously lucky shot. And then the NCAA made them burn all the shirts and paintings they made to commemorate it. Makes me smile just thinking about it.
Turn in those telephone books with "the shot" on the cover, Bloomington.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Reactions: Samurai Cat
Schachter offered an exhibit of a text message between Falmagne and Jon Lasko, a member of the board of directors for De Sousa’s AAU team, the Florida Vipers.

“This is from Lasko to Fenny,” Schachter said, reading the text to Kaplan. “‘Fenny, I am in Indiana and Coach Ostrom asked me for an update. They are super willing to do what it takes to recruit Silvio. Is that something of interest for us?’”
this is from full text messages thread// probably what dakich is referring to

they just had to have a problem with clappy. you just knew they were making a mistake.

The only problem is the ncaa can use Indiana to flex their muscles and show that they’re not helpless while ignoring the teams they want to ignore. Just like they did with UL/UNC.
They better not ignore KU.:grimace:

I hear they are going to have to forfeit all their NCAA Championships, Final Fours and Elite Eight appearances in the past 15 years, and all their Big Ten Tourney championships in history. My source says when the dust settles Indiana will have a basketball legacy over the past quarter century that'll make VCU and Butler look Elite...

Ah, right. Nevermind.

Do they get to keep the trophys and cut nets they won when clappy was there?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT