ADVERTISEMENT

It's looking really good for Acaden Lewis and Caleb Wilson to UK

Gonna suck if we lose Wilson to UNC. That would be two times Pope got beat by UNC, the first being in that 1995 Elite Eight game.

Please finish this one, Coach.

Reactions: d2atTech
Gonna suck if we lose Wilson to UNC. That would be two times Pope got beat by UNC, the first being in that 1995 Elite Eight game.

Please finish this one, Coach.
As of this moment nothing mentioned about a commitment to them. So this is good. If we see pope visiting Wilson this week or having some conversations with him I'll be feeling a lot more optimistic 😉

This was what was on ESPN

"Darius is a high-level guard who impacts the game in a variety of ways," La Lumiere coach Pat Holmes said. "A true three-level scorer, Darius has the ability to score off the bounce and off the catch. His scoring prowess and shot creation does a great job of setting up his opportunities to facilitate for teammates. Defensively, Darius will compete with the best of them. He has an edge and toughness to his game that translates to every level of basketball, and I think it's why teammates love playing with him."

The Huskies are squarely in the mix for several high-level high school seniors to add to their class. Adams mentioned he wants Braylon Mullins (No. 24), Eric Reibe (No. 23), Acaden Lewis (No. 28) and Niko Bundalo (No. 25) to join him in Storrs, while UConn is also pursuing Nate Ament (No. 4).

It is all about NIL now . Who can pay the most for the players. School names don't mean that much anymore.

Well we need to pony up the NIL. Don't be cheap.

And UNC is a poor example of your last sentence. They have a huge name like UK and are probably a bigger brand in the modern era.

This was what was on ESPN

"Darius is a high-level guard who impacts the game in a variety of ways," La Lumiere coach Pat Holmes said. "A true three-level scorer, Darius has the ability to score off the bounce and off the catch. His scoring prowess and shot creation does a great job of setting up his opportunities to facilitate for teammates. Defensively, Darius will compete with the best of them. He has an edge and toughness to his game that translates to every level of basketball, and I think it's why teammates love playing with him."

The Huskies are squarely in the mix for several high-level high school seniors to add to their class. Adams mentioned he wants Braylon Mullins (No. 24), Eric Reibe (No. 23), Acaden Lewis (No. 28) and Niko Bundalo (No. 25) to join him in Storrs, while UConn is also pursuing Nate Ament (No. 4).
Based on that description alone, not sure why his commitment to UConn wouldn’t take them out of the running for Mullins the same way Jasper took us out of the running for him.

Well we need to pony up the NIL. Don't be cheap.

And UNC is a poor example of your last sentence. They have a huge name like UK and are probably a bigger brand in the modern era.
Sorry I am not giving any to NIL because I don't believe it is right and besides there are people in NC, Eastern Tenn and SC who are more in need right now because they have lost everything even love ones.

I'm talking about the Richie riches, not the average fan. 100% agree it is not our responsibility to pay athletes salaries.
I agree. Our revenue has sky rocketed by almost $1 million per year, while our payments for a head coach have decreased dramatically by around $3 million per year.

Our total revenue usually hovers just short of $35 million for basketball. That along with the underpayment to Pope, and the $5 million in NIL should be more than enough to compensate the players.

Good point. So he's 1-1 right now. 2-1 if he lands Wilson.
Is this what your posts are going to be like every time we lose a recruit? Those days are over man. Who cares if we don't get the very best of the best... Winning the # 1 recruiting class does not get you anything of value except a lot less money in your NIL. I don't think they hang banners for recruiting wins... If they did then hell Calapari would have surpassed UCLA a long time ago. It actuall requires a hell of a coach and roster management and personalities.

Reactions: delk4three
Is this what your posts are going to be like every time we lose a recruit? Those days are over man. Who cares if we don't get the very best of the best... Winning the # 1 recruiting class does not get you anything of value except a lot less money in your NIL. I don't think they hang banners for recruiting wins... If they did then hell Calapari would have surpassed UCLA a long time ago. It actuall requires a hell of a coach and roster management and personalities.
100%, bring in 1-2 5* players and a 3-4 4* players who will play for 3-4 years. This has been what UCONN, Villanova etc have done and been so successful wit. You need an experienced team

It is all about NIL now . Who can pay the most for the players. School names don't mean that much anymore.
That’s false. UNC, UCLA, Kansas, Duke are still running CBB. Alabama, Texas, Michigan etc is still running football. School names matter, because those big brands usually have the NIL departments to pay players.

Lock It Up Vince Vaughn GIF by filmeditor

Lock it up pope

Not saying this to be negative….but I wonder what the % of guys that visit a Big Blue Madness actually commit to UK?
There was a time when it was huge . I’m thinking Rhodes, Prickett, and McArty all committed the day after BBM . But as time has gone by other schools have something similar and kids (and handlers) weigh their decisions more .

Considering he was on his Duke visit, this could be the “chess match “ Pope was referring to. Who knows.
I took it to mean Wilson. If I remember the conversation correctly, he had canceled on Jack and Sean the day before they actually taped, which was also the day we heard about Caleb and family going to UNC for the weekend. Of course like anything else, I could be completely wrong. I want to be very clear, I have 0 connections. I am guessing like 99.9% of everyone else😊.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT