ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Kansas

Well, I said a month ago I didn't want this guy. Basketball is moving away from Lurch looking guys like this. And I also just didn't like the kid. The thoughts of having him and Marky Mush talk about UK basketball all season made me queasy.
Go get a mobile big man that can play some defense and hit a shot.
The pros don't rate him in the top 100. He's not a game changer. He's attitude stinks. Good riddance

Reactions: Lukeslaw and dcw62
The only thing I know they have that we don’t is a little half gym to shoot around in connected to their dorms.
Practice court in craft center is basically connected to their dorm. Same building. Like a 30 second walk, indoors to court from dorm room. And it’s not bad in there at all. Not sure why everyone thinks it sucks.

According to reports, Barnhart nixed it, even after Calipari had 30 million in donations lined up. So yes, Barnhart put the kibosh on it. Didn't even entertain it. And I didn't say one damned thing about UK losing him because of facilities, I merely said that's what has been reported. Then you went all conspiracy theory. You're free to believe whatever you want. Apparently you know more than anybody else anyway.
According to WHAT reports? Barnhart nixed nothing. This is coming from Barnhart himself. He was on Matt Jones show and responded to these reports. He said himself no such conversation took place and explained how many moving parts are required here to approve and break ground on a project like this. There is a process involved here, just like with any other project of this enormous magnitude. It's way more complex than Cal saying "hey Mitch I think I might be able to raise 30 mil, can we break ground tomorrow?!

Have some common sense, guys.

Reactions: Old Jim
Practice court in craft center is basically connected to their dorm. Same building. Like a 30 second walk, indoors to court from dorm room. And it’s not bad in there at all. Not sure why everyone thinks it sucks.
it doesn't suck. At all. IN fact I would bet at WORST it is in the top 10% of all college basketball facilities out there. I'm not opposed to us upgrading and getting to the top 1%. But this narrative that Craft is so old an antiquated just isn't reality.

So my question (that you originally replied to) was do we have any direct quotes from Dickinson on this. I know what Tucker said. I know what Pilgrim said. My literal question was do we have direct quotes from Dickinson. I don't know why you decided to treat this like an Abbott and Costello bit after that. Thanks for answering my question though, which is no, we don't have direct quotes from Dickinson.
Boy, you got me....

According to WHAT reports? Barnhart nixed nothing. This is coming from Barnhart himself. He was on Matt Jones show and responded to these reports. He said himself no such conversation took place and explained how many moving parts are required here to approve and break ground on a project like this. There is a process involved here, just like with any other project of this enormous magnitude. It's way more complex than Cal saying "hey Mitch I think I might be able to raise 30 mil, can we break ground tomorrow?!

Have some common sense, guys.
So it's all just made up? Ok... you go with that.

So it's all just made up? Ok... you go with that.
My guy ... I'm telling you Barnhart himself has addressed it. He's explained where it stands and the process it would take to make it happen.

'Made up" is one way to say it ... misdirection and distraction is another.

Boy, you got me....
My goodness man ... I'm not trying to "get you", I asked what I thought was a pretty simple question about whether or not we had direct quotes from Dickinson on the facilities. A simple "no" would have sufficed.

A lot better food? Don't we tout the fact that we have a private chef for these guys in the Coal Lodge? I think the better food thing is nonsense.
I think a LOT of this is nonsense. We're in a heated argument in this county over spending nearly 120 million dollars building a brand new MEGA high school....that not very many of our citizens want. We'd rather fix what we have. And that came in under the new building cost.

Point being, people are hell bent on "new, new, new" when it's not going to fix the inherent issue.

Reactions: STL_Cat
I think a LOT of this is nonsense. We're in a heated argument in this county over spending nearly 120 million dollars building a brand new MEGA high school....that not very many of our citizens want. We'd rather fix what we have. And that came in under the new building cost.

Point being, people are hell bent on "new, new, new" when it's not going to fix the inherent issue.
So your way of thinking we let a bunch of schools pass us in facilities. How do you think that will make us look to these kids. You think these guys don’t want the best. You must not have any kids that is the way the world spins these days. Why do you think UL is getting all these great recruits. MONEY!! I could care less who our coach is going o be any year. I will pull for whoever is on the UK bench. Kinda stupid to say everything is a conspiracy. Mitch has never liked Cal. Peavy was Cal’s go to guy.

• Haha
What does that have to do with us not being tops in facilities!! No matter who the coach is going to be here!
Maybe when we get a coach is maybe the time when Mitch decides it’s time to upgrade the facilities. To be honest I want both of them gone!

• Haha
Reactions: Old Jim
So your way of thinking we let a bunch of schools pass us in facilities. How do you think that will make us look to these kids. You think these guys don’t want the best. You must not have any kids that is the way the world spins these days. Why do you think UL is getting all these great recruits. MONEY!! I could care less who our coach is going o be any year. I will pull for whoever is on the UK bench. Kinda stupid to say everything is a conspiracy. Mitch has never liked Cal. Peavy was Cal’s go to guy.
Ummmmm. What the hell are you on?

It’s come out today that KU offered him nearly 4 million to go there. It wasn’t facilities and my point stands.

Ummmmm. What the hell are you on?

It’s come out today that KU offered him nearly 4 million to go there. It wasn’t facilities and my point stands.
I am not saying we lost him over facilities. But you need to get your head out of the sand over us being passed by a lot of schools on facilities. I don’t care who our coach is we need the best facilities!!

I am not saying we lost him over facilities. But you need to get your head out of the sand over us being passed by a lot of schools on facilities. I don’t care who our coach is we need the best facilities!!
I ask again. Where is the proof that “a lot of schools“ have passed us in facilities.
why can no one provide it? I’m not saying they have or have not. I’d like to see some actual proof of this though.

Still waiting.

I ask again. Where is the proof that “a lot of schools“ have passed us in facilities.
why can no one provide it? I’m not saying they have or have not. I’d like to see some actual proof of this though.

Still waiting.
Do you read much I have read about other places being a head of us. Try reading and looking at other schools. Tra Young’s people said it and HD people said it. When Tra said it there were articles talking about how nice Kansas facilities were. You seem determined that we are top notch. Please show some prove we have top notch facilities. Once again you have zero proof!!

• Haha
Reactions: RunninRichie
Do you read much I have read about other places being a head of us. Try reading and looking at other schools. Tra Young’s people said it and HD people said it. When Tra said it there were articles talking about how nice Kansas facilities were. You seem determined that we are top notch. Please show some prove we have top notch facilities. Once again you have zero proof!!
That’s not how debates work. I’m not making the accusation or claim. You are. The one making the claim has to prove the point. Not vice versa.

And you have no proof. I said earlier I don’t know if we do or not. I asked for PROOF.

STILL WAITING.
You don’t believe anything that players and commentators have said so if I show an article you would say it is not true. A quick Google search will show you some articles stating this.

You don’t believe anything that players and commentators have said so if I show an article you would say it is not true.
I don’t believe players that get nearly 4 million to play somewhere else that’s for sure.

if an article actually shows WHY KUs facilities are better with facts and not opinions I be more include to believe the narrative .

Which has to be complete bullshit.

What does KU have that Kentucky does not?

And I’ve yet to hear a clear answer from that on anyone. Whether it be fans, Cal, players, Tucker, anyone. No one seems to know.

Guaranteed NIL money 💰

A head coach with a modern coaching philosophy?

Just look around the NBA. I used to love Cal, so it's not like a I have a vendetta against him. Just win. But yeah, the amount of top notch NBA players we've had come through there, the results just don't add up to me anymore.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
He also said a chance to play with the winningest program of all time, for those of you that don't think losing that distinction was a big deal.
While I’m pissed that isn’t ours anymore….HDs demeanor doesn’t strike me as one who cares about anything other than himself and money. That was probably lip service.

Dickinson said it was about money, he made less than 6 figures last year at Michigan. Kansas made it worth this while. He also said Kentucky was a “Risk”, what does that mean?
You mean to tell me it’s not because of our D3 facilities?

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Dickinson said it was about money, he made less than 6 figures last year at Michigan. Kansas made it worth this while. He also said Kentucky was a “Risk”, what does that mean?

Non guaranteed NIL money

You mean to tell me it’s not because of our D3 facilities?
I mean. The floorboards are coming up at the Craft Center don’t ya know?

Again. I’m not saying Craft Center can’t be improved or renovated here and there. But again this notion that we some how have horrid facilities that are turning players away is hogwash at best and unfounded at worst.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT